Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2012, 17:59   #61
God Member
 
Pendle Red's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I don't think it was anything more than Rob watching Proccy. Can't see Unsworth making a good manager to be honest.
Maybe the other half of that particular caretaker duo could as well as still doing a job in the back four?
__________________
Working Towards Change

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2012, 18:02   #62
God Member
 
lancsdave's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Maybe the other half of that particular caretaker duo could as well as still doing a job in the back four?

I suspect it's that half of it that carried Preston through the past few weeks, he wouldn't be a bad choice. Put him in with Hoskin
__________________
www.giftprint.co.uk - T-shirt printing & more
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:06   #63
God Member
 
shakermaker's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

We must not get a journeyman basement league manager, that's for sure. Paul Simpson, Peter Jackson, et al - this means you. Please stay away.

Nor do we want fresh-out-of the game unproven ex-pros as mentioned in this thread.

Paul Cook is the only one that springs to my mind.

It does concern me that there is not a footballing input on the board. We have missed that since the departure of the great Phil Terry & Co.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:07   #64
Senior Member+
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Simple really, don't change much,Patto in charge till end of season with Hughes and Liam assisting.
Saves the club money and gives them breathing space to make the right appointment.
Liam as a long shot,as he knows the club and has his badges
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:09   #65
God Member
 
fc:stanley's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Like the sound of hughes in a managing role!
__________________

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:13   #66
Junior Member+
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Ian Thomas-Moore is talking Daddy's chances up on Twitter. Please, please, please do not go anywhere near Paul Simpson, no matter how well he comes across.
Brierls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:13   #67
God Member
 
lancsdave's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierls View Post
Ian Thomas-Moore is talking Daddy's chances up on Twitter. .
You've got to be joking
__________________
www.giftprint.co.uk - T-shirt printing & more
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:16   #68
Full Member
 
AccyAggro's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Whoever mentioned jim harvey has got to be joking!
__________________
We are the Reds!


AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:17   #69
God Member
 
lancsdave's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
We must not get a journeyman basement league manager, that's for sure. Paul Simpson, Peter Jackson, et al - this means you. Please stay away.

Nor do we want fresh-out-of the game unproven ex-pros as mentioned in this thread.

Paul Cook is the only one that springs to my mind.

It does concern me that there is not a footballing input on the board. We have missed that since the departure of the great Phil Terry & Co.
Cooky turned down St Johnstone in October because they couldn't offer him the right terms. Is it fair to presue their terms would be better than Stanley could offer, or would sentiment and the chance to manage in a proper football league give some leeway ?
__________________
www.giftprint.co.uk - T-shirt printing & more
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:18   #70
God Member
 
shakermaker's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

This always confuses me with football fans.

"He's a great player, we love him, and he's getting on now! Make him manager! I don't care if he has no managerial experience... Get him!"

No.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:21   #71
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Simple really, don't change much,Patto in charge till end of season with Hughes and Liam assisting.
Saves the club money and gives them breathing space to make the right appointment.
Liam as a long shot,as he knows the club and has his badges
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Like the sound of hughes in a managing role!
Like that idea n think its worth a punt. Patto fer rest of season,then take it from there. also gives the assistants time to develop or not, But can i ask is it a definite Jimmy is also going? there's bin no mention from Rob Heys comment, still no surprise yon.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:23   #72
God Member
 
shakermaker's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Cooky turned down St Johnstone in October because they couldn't offer him the right terms. Is it fair to presue their terms would be better than Stanley could offer, or would sentiment and the chance to manage in a proper football league give some leeway ?
I don't think they're in a much petter position than us financially, are they? I don't know, but "the chance to manage in a proper football league" is exactly the reason why I think he'd go for it. That, along with having coached at the club before and knowing what we're capable of.

I really can't see who'd be a better fit.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:23   #73
Senior Member+
 
Tin Monkey's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

In the words of Phil Staley, any manager must have a big black book of contacts. That book is only built up with experience and developing strong contacts. That's the kind of manager we now need, not some unproven 'up-and-comer'.

The problem is, can we afford to pay the wages of that kind of manager and would they want to come anyway?

I'd consider a younger, but experienced non-league manager. One with a book of contacts and the hunger to move onwards and upwards.
__________________
T.M.

Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:25   #74
God Member
 
lancsdave's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I don't think they're in a much petter position than us financially, are they? I don't know, but "the chance to manage in a proper football league" is exactly the reason why I think he'd go for it. That, along with having coached at the club before and knowing what we're capable of.

I really can't see who'd be a better fit.
I've no idea how much Scottish clubs pay either. Can't see anybody outside the top 2 paying much I guess

Cooky has 1 year left on his contract from what I can see, compo won't be much
__________________
www.giftprint.co.uk - T-shirt printing & more
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:25   #75
God Member
 
shakermaker's Avatar
 

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I'd consider a younger, but experienced non-league manager. One with a book of contacts and the hunger to move onwards and upwards.
Nicky Law?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 21:12.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.29143 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1