Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2019, 06:53   #16
Full Member+

Re: The Lincoln match thread.

Coley was spot on is his post match comments. We were beaten by the better team.
He summed it up nicely saying Lincoln has the luxury of being able to bring on John Akinde, and Coley, no disrespect to the lad, had Okera Simmonds whose not kicked a ball in any mens league.
You couldn’t really argue if Lincoln had won 6-0, Walker in particular missed loads of chances where it looked easier to score.
Despite looking shaky at times, especially with his kicking, Dimi kept the score down with a number of point blank saves. How Lincoln had so many chances from close range must be something we need to work on, our defence was beaten to every ball and our midfield spent a lot of the time chasing the ball like headless chickens.
Thought Johnson & Conneely were extremely poor, shame as in preseason Johnson in particular looked like he had upped his game.
Finley lucky not to be sent off although the ref was truly awful for both sides and they were lucky to have 11 ending the game as well.
At the time I didn’t think it was a penalty and I’ve seen it a few times and not convinced, although Hughes didn’t need to dive in and they probably should of had a pen at start of second half.
We looked much better with McConville in the middle behind Bishop, Pritchard gave it his all but a huge step up for him, as well as Colby.
Missed Billy. Even with small things that clearly make a big difference, like throw ins, the taker had absolutely no movement and no options, something Billy always have us.
Had a few chances of our own and there keeper made 2 good saves.
Desperately need a striker or 2.
Unsure on Carvalho despite our fans singing his name. Little bit more physical than Erico but not as quick.
Maguire looked out of position a few times but that was down to McConville having to cover other players.

All in all it could of been a lot worse, it maybe was expected, but it sure can get better.
Last time we lost 2-0 on the opening day, we went on a solid run afterwards.
Then it all went a bit Pete Tong over the festive periods, the pitch had an impact on that no doubt.
With a better pitch now, if we can get the new players buying in to our way of playing, we should be ready for an exciting season.
Sunderland will be a tough game, but 100% get behind the lads at the wombles. Massive game that’s very much winnable and could kick start our season.

Up the Accy x
AccyMad and chevyfire like this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2019, 10:21   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Coley was spot on is his post match comments. We were beaten by the better team.
He summed it up nicely saying Lincoln has the luxury of being able to bring on John Akinde, and Coley, no disrespect to the lad, had Okera Simmonds whose not kicked a ball in any mens league.
You couldn’t really argue if Lincoln had won 6-0, Walker in particular missed loads of chances where it looked easier to score.
Despite looking shaky at times, especially with his kicking, Dimi kept the score down with a number of point blank saves. How Lincoln had so many chances from close range must be something we need to work on, our defence was beaten to every ball and our midfield spent a lot of the time chasing the ball like headless chickens.
Thought Johnson & Conneely were extremely poor, shame as in preseason Johnson in particular looked like he had upped his game.
Finley lucky not to be sent off although the ref was truly awful for both sides and they were lucky to have 11 ending the game as well.
At the time I didn’t think it was a penalty and I’ve seen it a few times and not convinced, although Hughes didn’t need to dive in and they probably should of had a pen at start of second half.
We looked much better with McConville in the middle behind Bishop, Pritchard gave it his all but a huge step up for him, as well as Colby.
Missed Billy. Even with small things that clearly make a big difference, like throw ins, the taker had absolutely no movement and no options, something Billy always have us.
Had a few chances of our own and there keeper made 2 good saves.
Desperately need a striker or 2.
Unsure on Carvalho despite our fans singing his name. Little bit more physical than Erico but not as quick.
Maguire looked out of position a few times but that was down to McConville having to cover other players.

All in all it could of been a lot worse, it maybe was expected, but it sure can get better.
Last time we lost 2-0 on the opening day, we went on a solid run afterwards.
Then it all went a bit Pete Tong over the festive periods, the pitch had an impact on that no doubt.
With a better pitch now, if we can get the new players buying in to our way of playing, we should be ready for an exciting season.
Sunderland will be a tough game, but 100% get behind the lads at the wombles. Massive game that’s very much winnable and could kick start our season.

Up the Accy x
Okera Simmonds hasn't kicked a ball in a men's league not is fault while Zanzala is injured why wasn't he involved yesterday we struggled for goals last season with Kee in the side no coincidence that the best chance of the game fell to Clark who missed when it looked easier to score not my quote the gentleman on the radio,s quote, it is fine margins Josh but this is a harsh division IMHO we still haven't got an enforcer in the middle of the park Finley certainly isn't not sure anyone in the squad his but not to worry too much I think Lincoln will surprise this season some good players hopefully Coley will bring in a couple more hopefully a midfielder with a hatchet.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:14   #18
God Member

Smile Re: The Lincoln match thread.

Talking of scoring - or not - the last time I felt like we would always score was when Kayden was playing

Jordan does not finish well, he is a creator

As for midfield enforcer, probably Linganzi was the last one????

We are going to struggle this season, of that I am sure, but there are a lot of un-tried young kids in the squad and maybe this will benefit us in seasons to come?

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:37   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have to disagree mate i think we will be ok.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:18   #20
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Okera Simmonds hasn't kicked a ball in a men's league not is fault while Zanzala is injured why wasn't he involved yesterday we struggled for goals last season with Kee in the side no coincidence that the best chance of the game fell to Clark who missed when it looked easier to score not my quote the gentleman on the radio,s quote, it is fine margins Josh but this is a harsh division IMHO we still haven't got an enforcer in the middle of the park Finley certainly isn't not sure anyone in the squad his but not to worry too much I think Lincoln will surprise this season some good players hopefully Coley will bring in a couple more hopefully a midfielder with a hatchet.
Not his fault as such, just not good enough....yet.
Have you ever seen the lad play? He was poor in pre-season against Shelley FC.
He was involved yesterday, he was on the bench. Bringing him on meant you would of had to either play 3 at the back, no chance, played with one of Finley/Connely in midfield on own, no chance, or taken off Sean or Jordan. Again, no chance.
Finley is the only one with a bit of bite about him.

It’s easy to write and state what we need. But let’s start naming names of who would realistically fit in. Not many players out there who would fit the bill.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 04-08-2019, 18:17   #21
God Member

Quote:
Not his fault as such, just not good enough....yet.
Have you ever seen the lad play? He was poor in pre-season against Shelley FC.
He was involved yesterday, he was on the bench. Bringing him on meant you would of had to either play 3 at the back, no chance, played with one of Finley/Connely in midfield on own, no chance, or taken off Sean or Jordan. Again, no chance.
Finley is the only one with a bit of bite about him.

It’s easy to write and state what we need. But let’s start naming names of who would realistically fit in. Not many players out there who would fit the bill.
Everyone has different opinions on players it would be boring otherwise not picking on Finley but bite no only when he fancies his chances and he is a bit of a wind up merchant goes hiding when the mixing gets tougher his better position his behind the striker we need a real enforcer hard to find especially against the better ones in midfield the further up you go these players win the ball look up find time and space and don't panic and give up possession if only but we will compete and hopefully win more than we lose with 10 new signings and possibly more it will take time to gel and each will find a role hopefully one of these might be the one.
Old 04-08-2019, 18:40   #22
Full Member+

Quote:
Everyone has different opinions on players it would be boring otherwise not picking on Finley but bite no only when he fancies his chances and he is a bit of a wind up merchant goes hiding when the mixing gets tougher his better position his behind the striker we need a real enforcer hard to find especially against the better ones in midfield the further up you go these players win the ball look up find time and space and don't panic and give up possession if only but we will compete and hopefully win more than we lose with 10 new signings and possibly more it will take time to gel and each will find a role hopefully one of these might be the one.
Best position behind the striker?? You can’t be serious. How many goals/assists does he have. So you’d rather him picking up silly yellow cards deep in the opposition territory than having him niggling round attacking midfielders and disrupting them. Can’t agree with that.
10 new signings but only 3 started yesterday.
Not a massive influx of signings for first 11.
Can’t see Lewis Doyle being involved this year.
Had bids rejected for League 1 strikers, that’s what we need.
Only player I can see who is anywhere what you are talking about is Lamine.
Some strange signings in my eyes.
Old 04-08-2019, 19:30   #23
God Member

Quote:
Best position behind the striker?? You can’t be serious. How many goals/assists does he have. So you’d rather him picking up silly yellow cards deep in the opposition territory than having him niggling round attacking midfielders and disrupting them. Can’t agree with that.
10 new signings but only 3 started yesterday.
Not a massive influx of signings for first 11.
Can’t see Lewis Doyle being involved this year.
Had bids rejected for League 1 strikers, that’s what we need.
Only player I can see who is anywhere what you are talking about is Lamine.
Some strange signings in my eyes.
Like I said all about personal opinions agree about Lamine looks a footballer enforcer in midfield will only find out if he's instructed to play in there and do the job but he certainly has the physique.
Old 04-08-2019, 19:59   #24
Full Member+

Quote:
Like I said all about personal opinions agree about Lamine looks a footballer enforcer in midfield will only find out if he's instructed to play in there and do the job but he certainly has the physique.
Agree all about personal opinions, but all you have said is living in dreamland, no justification one bit.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:49   #25
God Member

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1230124]Talking of scoring - or not - the last time I felt like we would always score was when Kayden was playing

Jordan does not finish well, he is a creator

As for midfield enforcer, probably Linganzi was the last one????

We are going to struggle this season, of that I am sure,

agree with most but i do not think the side will struggle anymore than it did at times last season. doubt we will talking about promotion but a mid table finish should be possible unless we have a real injury crisis.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..