Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree99Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2019, 07:57   #46
Senior Member+

Re: The Luton thread

At the risk of being repetitive you reap what you sow.
Too many loan players
Zero investment in players after collecting £2.3 mill in fees preferring to put the whole of the budget into developing the ground
Still no training facilities
All the die hards basically said if you’re not happy @@@@ @@@ this is us.
Well be happy !
I’m not.
And I reckon there’s far more dissenting voices than the die hards appreciate.
What a task ahead whether League 1 or 2.
smudgie and Tommy McQueen like this.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 21-04-2019 at 07:59.
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2019, 08:00   #47
Senior Member+

What a terrible forum this has become
Oldgobbin, AccyMad, baldy and 6 others like this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 21-04-2019, 08:32   #48

Stanley Josh. Understand your point a little better. A couple of friendly challenges for you.

“Pressure to sort out contracts” - the only contracts ( other than loans) I can recall being agreed this season are Coleman’s and Bells own 4 year deal with a besotted Andy Holt and then the 3 year deals with members of the inner circle Sean and Billy. I’d be surprised if they were keeping Coley awake.

I’m told we had the opportunity to sell Johnson for ironically the cost of a new pitch. Would we have been any weaker at right back had he gone? It’s certainly affected the lad on the pitch since.
The only other contract talks I heard of ended up with a fall out and the other one has gone very quiet which will likely mean having to trigger his option to get a fee in September.

Re the penalty, I know the rule you talk of but my understanding is there is a further “sub rule” in that if there is no attempt to play the ball then it’s also a straight red, hence asking those on the board better informed for clarity.

Finally, re your point over players on the bench not being “league 1”. Please list those you believe are League one. For me I would give you Clark if given the service, but that’s it.
I was just going on feedback from Wrexham friends who said he ran their game, this being the week after they beat the same team 5 nil at their place when he didn’t play because of injury, hence their question to me on why he was out on loan.
Old 21-04-2019, 08:43   #49

I think this is the wrong time to accuse fellow posters of negativity. After an inept performance like that fans are entitled to be negative.

But I don't think it is a game that you should draw any conclusions from (save perhaps the choice of goalkeepers. If you gift the League leaders two pens and a red, you have it coming.

I don't like it when JC plays Kee on his own up front. Neither Kee nor the rest of this team is suited for it. But for this particular game I could understand his choice. And I don't expect him planning for the possibility of the goalie forgetting his gloves or his brains in the dressing room.

But why does this forum blame every dropped point on the referee? It debases the forum more than a few outburst against the manager after a poor performance in my opinion. And this one got it right: Accrington Stanley One red card Nil penalties, Luton Town Two penalties.
Old 21-04-2019, 08:49   #50
Full Member+

Agreed regarding contracts, however I understand he has tried (and failed) to agree new deals for a few of the ‘squad’ players.
Coley had final say on YTS being offered pro deals (90% sorted now)
Nolan offered new contract that he has rejected.
Big Ben also.
Sousa staying.
Same situation as why he offered Danny Williams a new deal last season.
Happier to be squad player than play regularly lower down.
I’d offer new deals for Yosser,Seamus,Erico,Clicker,Harvey & maybe Jonny.
We will trigger Clickers 1 year extension purely so he doesn’t leave on a free.
Johnson is worth more than 300k.
Why sell in January when new pitch can’t start until end of season?

It’s not a case of who is League 1 standard or not.
It’s a case of why do people think subs = instant success/improvement.

For the subs, there is no one I would of taken off apart from the Don or Barlaser.
If we take off Don we either replace with Big Ben which is pointless, or go 3 at the back.
Like I said, GD could be crucial. 45 mins would have left us far too open against a stronger, fitter team.
If we took off Dan, we’d of left Seamus outnumbered in the middle. Bringing Nolan on wouldn’t of made much difference at half time.
I would have liked to see Sousa and Smyth brought on, but for who? And what tactics?
Old 21-04-2019, 08:51   #51
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greger View Post
Accrington Stanley One red card Nil penalties, Luton Town Two penalties.
I guess you missed Janoi getting swiped out then....
Old 21-04-2019, 08:54   #52

I’d love to see how this forum reacts when we have an ACTUAL bad spell. Most have only ever known Coley’s near 20 year spell of glory.

“Took them as far as he can.” Heard that befoe the last three promotions.

It’s like Forest fans hating Clough. “Yeah he got two European Cups but I don’t his jumper.”

Fourth round of the cup and Diviison Three survival in our own hands. For a mid table Conference outfit. Perspective is everything. These are the halcyon days. Enjoy them.

Have a look round Colne or Padiham. Then imagine them in Division 3 playing Sunderland.

No doubt I’ll get called “numb” or whatever. C’est la vie. See you at Donny and Pompey.
Old 21-04-2019, 08:56   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Exactly. So what’s your point?
Whats yours Josh defending the indefensible it seems to me.
Old 21-04-2019, 08:58   #54
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whats yours Josh defending the indefensible it seems to me.
Tried to establish how you feel Coley has reached his limit?
Trying to figure out how you feel he/we can improve.

Last edited by StanleyJosh; 21-04-2019 at 09:00. Reason: Spelling. Too early!!
Old 21-04-2019, 09:26   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Tried to establish how you feel Coley has reached his limit?
Trying to figure out how you feel he/we can improve.
My friend, I think that's exactly the point.
Yesterday proved only one thing, that we have a team of L2 standard players & a manager who fears changing both the team & his only game-plan.
There is absolutely nothing you or I can do to change either.
When you decide to compete with the league leaders by playing with one striker up front, you've already mentally conceded defeat.
Yesterday's line-up was Coley's go to team of his favourites. Where was the flair? the creative spark?
Yes we moved the ball around but there was no end product whatsoever.
You cannot criticise subs if they never get the opportunity to show what they can do.
Smyth nearly won us the game at Sunderland & Sousa has impressed on the very rare occasion he's managed to get on the field.
Luton just exposed our limitations & to be honest, we were lucky the scoreline wasn't doubled.
smudgie, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Old 21-04-2019, 09:28   #56

StanleyJosh we’re wasting our time.
Cashman would love nothing more than coley to fail. He never wanted him back and it would have absolutely killed him to see us win the league last season.
He’d also make the worlds greatest manager by the sounds of it, whenever anything goes wrong he knows all the answers.
As for the Rochdale point of view, you do realise the position they were in when JC took over.
As for the sitting on the wall point of view. What about the work Jimmy and John D do during the game?
As for the season as a whole. If we stay up, which is still very much in our hands. Then that will be a great achievement.
Yesterday I was talking to a few people about how far we’ve came and the teams we were playing not so long ago. The clubs doing well and if we stay up I’m confident there will be an overhaul of the squad. But its difficult given our resources to try and compete with many at this level.
Old 21-04-2019, 09:40   #57

Sometimes you have to accept your position in the hierarchy. Ours is sitting under the table waiting for the crumbs. Every few meals Coley turns those crumbs into a sumptuous banquet.

We've had a look at League One now, assuming we stay up JC will know whats required for next year. If his budget allows he'll back up what we have and hope to unearth the gem that makes us competitive. We CANNOT compete on transfer fees or wages so its pointless papping on about them.
Old 21-04-2019, 09:44   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
All that happened was caused by a terrible back pass from Super Sean FACT our keeper then added to it and should have been sent off the first time, anyone cant see that needs eyes testing. the ref and liner were abysmal no doubt, Billy was pushed down with ref looking on, Barlaiser the liner looked at him then carried on not even telling the ref.
It was Hughes that played the back pass for the first penalty
AccyMad, baldy, yonmon and 2 others like this.
Old 21-04-2019, 09:45   #59
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
It was Hughes that played the back pass for the first penalty
Snigger
baldy likes this.
Old 21-04-2019, 09:45   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
StanleyJosh we’re wasting our time.
Cashman would love nothing more than coley to fail. He never wanted him back and it would have absolutely killed him to see us win the league last season.
He’d also make the worlds greatest manager by the sounds of it, whenever anything goes wrong he knows all the answers.
As for the Rochdale point of view, you do realise the position they were in when JC took over.
As for the sitting on the wall point of view. What about the work Jimmy and John D do during the game?
As for the season as a whole. If we stay up, which is still very much in our hands. Then that will be a great achievement.
Yesterday I was talking to a few people about how far we’ve came and the teams we were playing not so long ago. The clubs doing well and if we stay up I’m confident there will be an overhaul of the squad. But its difficult given our resources to try and compete with many at this level.
Well i thought you were a clown, good of you to now prove it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..