Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 15:10   #1
God Member

The match that wasn't thread.

Bugga
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2018, 15:20   #2

Re: The match that wasn't thread.

spared the sight of Ellison playing in the puddles to save them a losing cause ! - or had he done that first half to influence the ref ?:
KiTChener likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 15:25   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

1-0 up at half time billy kee goal, then when half time nearly over and everyone had bought pies and drink twas abandoned,
Old 01-01-2018, 15:35   #4

Feel sorry for all fans whom attended particularly a lad and dad whom had travelled up from down south for their first Stanley home game. I thought morecambe looked more likely scores first 20 minutes till we scored and then fairly even game after that. Johnson did well at right back. I seen a couple of promising flashes from Jackson. If the match had carried on I think it would have been a tight second half between the teams unless the Clayton end roar could have made a difference!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 15:41   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thought we were very poor today, also the Don was played outa position again and it showed, a damn good player wasted imho. a manager that dont learn from his mistakes also.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 01-01-2018, 15:52   #6
God Member

I thought both teams, in difficult conditions, did well to try & play actual football. Pretty even till we scored then we were in the ascendancy - sounds familiar from the last time there was an abandonment against the Shrimps, just hope the rearranged game has the same outcome - 5-1 if my memory serves me right.
P.s. If the pitch was so dodgy at half time how come the kids teams were allowed to come out & play, would've thought the safety aspect would be the same for them if not a higher priority, just a thought
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 15:56   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
P.s. If the pitch was so dodgy at half time how come the kids teams were allowed to come out & play, would've thought the safety aspect would be the same for them if not a higher priority, just a thought
Everybody commented on that at half time ridiculous seems to be the norm yon.
Old 01-01-2018, 16:24   #8

Frustrating day for both sets of fans, but AH must be the most frustrated after all the money he spent over two seasons to try & improve drainage.
Leaving the ground at pitch level, you could see that large areas of the Clayton End were completely waterlogged.
Having said that, the rain was torrential & after getting soaked queuing for a hot drink at half time, I for one was glad to get home to dry out.
Roll on Spring!!!
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 17:39   #9
Full Member+

Don't know if its good or bad, game an half for the price of one.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 17:13   #10
Full Member+

If people are expected to pay £10 for the replay should they not get a refund of half the price for the abandoned game? I noticed it hardly rained up to 5 o clock so the game could have gone ahead. Both managers were not consulted. Given the amount of money spent on drainage the pitch should have drained a bit better than it did. The rain was heavy for long periods but the pitch did hold up well until the last 15 mins. Although the rain did ease off enough to allow the game to play second half. How about helping to buy and install a sliding roof. Just a thought.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 17:41   #11
God Member

I don't know why people think there should be any refunds? Basically, they've paid £20 for 45 minutes yeah but they're being asked to pay £10 to watch another 90 minutes - so.it's the cost of a game & a half to watch a game & a half (weather permitting of course)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 19:56   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
My lad was one of the kids playing. I think that the decision to go on was taken as the kids had hung around for an hour (since walking out with the teams) in their wet kits and WANTED to play. The kick about was just that, mates having a ten minute kick around on the hallowed turf. They werent a danger to themselves playing a slow paced game in a puddle.

A professional, high paced game being played is a potential danger.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:12   #13
Full Member+

Think the game being called off was to our advantage imo when you consider Morecambe played on the Friday and we played on the Saturday, in those conditions I think we could have been affected by fatigue first, giving Morecambe a slight second half advantage. Well done Ref. We will never know.
monkey hanger likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 16:24   #14

Any update on when this is being arranged for?
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 16:28   #15
God Member

Soon

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..