Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2021, 14:20   #16

Re: The Music Played up Stanley.

Could we earmark some of the Colby/Dion money for a CD player?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2021, 15:06   #17
Senior Member+

Josh !..

From a musical Dinosaur who misses much of the point in most current chart music ( apart from that young lady Gaga I think she's called, whose talents shine through her music, and I listen to Valerian now and again !) I appreciate the difficulties you must face when it comes to ..
1. Finding appropriate music to play in the first place, which won't cost a penny.
2. Then deciding which to play from the songs/tunes available.
3. Finally, pleasing those who are going to, or listening to that which you play.
Gosh !.. what a thankless job a Stadium Announcer has !.

Whichever ground I visit I know that whatever music I hear being blasted out at varying decibel levels is not going to match my own musical tastes and so I endure it. So neither can I expect to find some musical joy emanating from the Tannoys at The Crown and I just switch off. ( fortunately the volume control on my hearing aids do assist me in this !)

With all this in mind, which must have made you consider some changes to your music and its volume levels, your contribution to the Stanley experience is I'm sure appreciated... .
AccyMad, cashman, choirboy and 2 others like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 16:12   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
IM !.. Which league do CD play in then ?..
( Now isn't that a sad attempt at subtle irony.. I'm really ashamed
of myself !. )
choirboy likes this.
Old 06-09-2021, 16:12   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
IM !.. Which league do CD play in then ?..
( Now isn't that a sad attempt at subtle irony.. I'm ashamed
of myself !. )
Old 06-09-2021, 16:57   #20

The volume issue would easily be sorted by adding a couple of bass bins to the system when you do that you don't need to crank the volume up anywhere near as much to create a full sound and you.d be amazed at the difference it makes as it no longer sounds like its coming from what is in effect a Tannoy system.

Football ground sound systems were better 50 years ago than they are today when they didn't have to have overrides for this and that built-in for this and that for health and safety reasons.

During Michael Knighton's time at Carlisle the PA system packed up and he simply went out and bought 16 speaker cabs and 4 x 800w amps and put the speakers on the floor pitchside pointing back into the crowd it was the best sound system i.ve ever heard in a lower league ground but then along came the H and S jobsworths and a two year battle with them over it started till it reached the point where they wouldn't issue the ground safety certificate till he got a conventional crap system installed and to this day its still just as s*h*i*t*e as ever it was.

Last edited by NORTHERNSOUL; 06-09-2021 at 17:00.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:21   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
The volume issue would easily be sorted by adding a couple of bass bins to the system when you do that you don't need to crank the volume up anywhere near as much to create a full sound and you.d be amazed at the difference it makes as it no longer sounds like its coming from what is in effect a Tannoy system.

Football ground sound systems were better 50 years ago than they are today when they didn't have to have overrides for this and that built-in for this and that for health and safety reasons.

During Michael Knighton's time at Carlisle the PA system packed up and he simply went out and bought 16 speaker cabs and 4 x 800w amps and put the speakers on the floor pitchside pointing back into the crowd it was the best sound system i.ve ever heard in a lower league ground but then along came the H and S jobsworths and a two year battle with them over it started till it reached the point where they wouldn't issue the ground safety certificate till he got a conventional crap system installed and to this day its still just as s*h*i*t*e as ever it was.
Ce' las vie NS ... To be expected !..
There must be so many factors involved in providing al fresco music to fill a large space successfully and to everyone's listening satisfaction that the task would probably require the services of experts to plan and install it !.. at an exorbitant cost as well !.
So I ask myself, would it be worth such a massive undertaking for the installation of a sound system that is only likely to be used for a few hours every other fortnight ?.
I haven't come up with the answer to this and in the meantime perhaps some tweaking of the sound quality and decibel levels of the existing equipment at The Crown, plus a sharing of ideas regarding the music selected might go some way to make the listening to this both pleasant and acceptable to the fans ?..
Old 08-09-2021, 20:15   #22
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Limited on what we can play as it's done through an online app
Why you using an on line app when a USB stick loaded with a play list plugged in to a lap top would do the job!
Old 09-09-2021, 05:57   #23
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Why you using an on line app when a USB stick loaded with a play list plugged in to a lap top would do the job!
Couple of reasons mate,
I don’t own a laptop nor a USB! It’s all played through Spotify on an iPad. Nice and simple to use; plus where I’m located there isn’t much space so it sits nicely on top of the mixer!
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:48   #24
God Member

Quote:
Couple of reasons mate,
I don’t own a laptop nor a USB! It’s all played through Spotify on an iPad. Nice and simple to use; plus where I’m located there isn’t much space so it sits nicely on top of the mixer!
Morning Josh how about You Tube music as an alternative create a playlist not sure but maybe not has limited.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:01   #25
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Morning Josh how about You Tube music as an alternative create a playlist not sure but maybe not has limited.
Morning Andy, problem with Youtube is that there are usually adverts in between songs unless you pay for premium account - also harder to crossfade etc.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:22   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Morning Andy, problem with Youtube is that there are usually adverts in between songs unless you pay for premium account - also harder to crossfade etc.
Perhaps it's time to fade this one out Josh ?..
One of those threads which can become interminable with little or no resolution at its closing .
Hopefully some direct contact and discussion with those who see possible improvements in your service to the club might allay some misconceptions and grievances !.
Til then...my favourite anthem ( from the dark days of the past I might add ) was ' On Stanley.. on boys !'. A real battle cry for the fans which has sadly long since vanished into a sunset's fading air .
Keep swinging !.. ON STANLEY !... ON !!
Old 09-09-2021, 10:10   #27
God Member

Quote:
🥴 Might catch you at the Wigan game.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:18   #28
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Perhaps it's time to fade this one out Josh ?..
One of those threads which can become interminable with little or no resolution at its closing .
Hopefully some direct contact and discussion with those who see possible improvements in your service to the club might allay some misconceptions and grievances !.
Til then...my favourite anthem ( from the dark days of the past I might add ) was ' On Stanley.. on boys !'. A real battle cry for the fans which has sadly long since vanished into a sunset's fading air .
Keep swinging !.. ON STANLEY !... ON !!

I was hoping this thread would end up turning into the Sean Mc thread and have pages and pages of input
Old 09-09-2021, 10:45   #29
God Member

I just think that if the content/quality/volume of the music played on a match day is all we have to complain about, we're not doing so bad
MikeA, Kiwi John, yonmon and 2 others like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 13:45   #30
God Member

https://twitter.com/i/status/1435674769978966017

Good use of the tannoy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..