Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2021, 14:45   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The Music Played up Stanley.

i have been watching Stanley since 1953 and HONESTLY the music played on match days is too loud and the worst choice of music i have ever heard.
MikeA, choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-09-2021, 14:57   #2
God Member

Re: The Music Played up Stanley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i have been watching Stanley since 1953 and HONESTLY the music played on match days is too loud and the worst choice of music i have ever heard.
Confirmation that like me your an old git😁. but on a serious note the one love of my life is music, at do,s or people's party's I DJ a bit and obviously I have certain tastes, but I think in an audience that ranges from toddlers to old gits the selection could be more varied and turned down slightly.
pifco and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 15:13   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i was a D.J, for more than 30years andy which says how much i love music. but that is shocking to me. and apart from holidays i never did a blank week in that time.
andyd likes this.
Old 05-09-2021, 15:28   #4
Full Member+

apologies if you aren’t a fan of the music, can’t please everyone but will always try and please majority.
I’ve never been a DJ, I enjoy having the mic and try putting the passion I have for supporting the club into announcements (especially ASFC line ups and goals).
Some clubs have 3/4 people doing the matchday music and on the PA System, we’re Accy Stanley we keep it simple. Could never imagine having it like Crewe have it (those who went will know what I’m on about I’m sure!)

Picking the playlist seems to have fallen on my lap in that role, I try and keep it as up to date as possible with UK Top 40 playlist from half 1 until about twenty past 20 and from then until kick off a mix of high tempo songs from various genres or football related are played. Majority are from prematch football playlists that football fans have created.
Happy to take suggestions although keep in mind it’s before a football game - we’ve tried fans input before and we’ve had requests for songs with swearing in, 8 min long songs with a low bpm, songs that are a lot of screaming and not much singing etc.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 15:46   #5
God Member

Thought yesterday’s selection was pretty repetitive, so not surprised it’s taken from the top 40.

Best selection I’ve come across used to be at Wimbledon when they played at Kingstonian’s old ground. But then Cherry Red Records was a sponsor there.

Obviously not everyone’s taste can be accommodated but my main gripe is that, whatever the music at The Wham, it’s TOO LOUD!
Some fans actually like to chat and banter before the match and it gets difficult to hear someone even if, contravening our new normal, they are close up and shouting in your ear. Rather than 11, could it be turned down to say 8 or 9 and, if you must, turn it up for the last ten minutes?
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 15:58   #6
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Thought yesterday’s selection was pretty repetitive, so not surprised it’s taken from the top 40.

Best selection I’ve come across used to be at Wimbledon when they played at Kingstonian’s old ground. But then Cherry Red Records was a sponsor there.

Obviously not everyone’s taste can be accommodated but my main gripe is that, whatever the music at The Wham, it’s TOO LOUD!
Some fans actually like to chat and banter before the match and it gets difficult to hear someone even if, contravening our new normal, they are close up and shouting in your ear. Rather than 11, could it be turned down to say 8 or 9 and, if you must, turn it up for the last ten minutes?
Assuming you mean repetitive as in genre rather than the songs themselves?
Hardly anyone in ground to be fair until last few songs of Top 40, then football playlist played which is football fans pick.
Music not played through fanzone speakers anymore when live music in marquee.
Where abouts in ground Exile are you based and finding it too loud?
Old 05-09-2021, 17:27   #7
God Member

Josh, it sounded repetitive to me because it seemed to be all contemporary pop, of which I have little knowledge or interest.
But I do recall my parents complaining about all that repetitive rubbish that was produced in the 60s and 70s
I guess the way ‘music’ is manufactured, especially for what used to be called ‘the charts’, tends to be repetitive in any era.
I stand in the Clayton End which seems to have a speaker on every stansion and probably has the greatest reverberation of any of the ‘stands’. It’s also no doubt where most folk who like your choice of music congregate.
As you say, not easy to resolve, but I don’t think turning down the volume a tad would reduce the ‘enjoyment’ of those who like Top 40 music.
If it’s any consolation, it’s not the worst PA I’ve encountered for volume - that must go to Cheltenham a few years ago where it was actually painful.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 17:30   #8
God Member

Your doing a fine job Josh giving up your free time to man the microphone on your own, obviously no one even the best DJ in the world can get the tunes right for everyone, don't no about exile,s position in the ground being too loud but I think the general consensus is the volume is a tad loud I sit near to wear you are so if you ever have the time I,ll let you know who I am and have a listen to the volume and maybe agree on a sensible noise level that may please most fans.

Last edited by andyd; 05-09-2021 at 17:32.
Old 05-09-2021, 18:56   #9
Full Member+

Appreciate your comments chaps,
Andy - yes deffo pop over for a hello be good to see you,
Exile - you are spot on, the speakers in Clayton End are much lower than other stands, thus will be much louder unfortunately. Will drop levels down until much closer to kick off - however the request from DB and Andy is usually to turn them to the max!

You are lucky it isn’t my music choices because that will range from Eminem to S Club 7 haha!!
Old 05-09-2021, 19:00   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Appreciate your comments chaps,
Andy - yes deffo pop over for a hello be good to see you,
Exile - you are spot on, the speakers in Clayton End are much lower than other stands, thus will be much louder unfortunately. Will drop levels down until much closer to kick off - however the request from DB and Andy is usually to turn them to the max!

You are lucky it isn’t my music choices because that will range from Eminem to S Club 7 haha!!
Will do Josh.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:36   #11
God Member

got to the point now that i go not get into the ground to the last possible minute now to avoid the noise and the inability to hear people when you are trying to have a pre match chat. know every club have pre match music but never really know the reason for it. doubt anyone listens to it even the ones that come on their own and never speak to anyone. just wonder, even those who enjoy it, can name any of the songs that were belted out now.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:00   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

we come late to the ground for same reason,
Old 06-09-2021, 08:52   #13
God Member

I am going to a concert on Thursday evening, I really hope that they are not playing footy before the gig

AccyMad and yonmon like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:19   #14

Can we play Cart on Stanley?

Turn it up to 11 please.

Also Fields of Athenry(Accrington) would be good.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:37   #15
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Can we play Cart on Stanley?

Turn it up to 11 please.

Also Fields of Athenry(Accrington) would be good.

Limited on what we can play as it's done through an online app

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..