Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree109Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2013, 19:07   #136
Senior Member+
 
DAV007's Avatar
 

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Do the majority share my opinion that Dundavin is a great shot stopper,but not a First choice keeper?
I use to, but he has developed and matured into a good league 2 keeper.
No problem with Bavs.
baldy likes this.
__________________
Cashman - 2014 ASFC Fan Of The Year
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2013, 19:30   #137
Senior Member+
 

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
What my worry is how many of the goal scorers will actually be in our first eleven?.
And who's our pre season top scorer--probably Murph !!

Webber and Gray will bang plenty in between them when they get into the swing of things,plus Webbers not done much for quite awhile and has a lot more improvement and sharpness to come!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 19:32   #138
Senior Member+
 

Re: The new squad

Must be my age chubbyman,I have lost my positivity
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 19:32   #139
Senior Member+
 
nige b's Avatar
 

Re: The new squad

According to twitter Mingoia and Watson will sign this week
__________________
THERE'S GONNA BE A RIOT DOWN IN TRUMPTON TONIGHT
nige b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 19:36   #140
Senior Member+
 

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
According to twitter Mingoia and Watson will sign this week
That's what i'd been told was happening weeks ago,but was wondering as Watson disappeared for awhile.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 19:53   #141
Senior Member+
 
DAV007's Avatar
 

Re: The new squad

do you have wiki links for them?

I meant for Watson?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piero_Mingoia
__________________
Cashman - 2014 ASFC Fan Of The Year
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:00   #142
Senior Member
 
accybeme's Avatar
 

Re: The new squad

Bavs is a great shot stopper made some ridiculously good saves but sometimes his positioning gets him into trouble, as for the team assembled this season the pre-season friendlies mean nothing, the opening games in the League will judge how good or bad the team is,
our top goal scorers from last season Amond, Boco & Molyneux have all gone,
my opinion (defence stronger) (midfield weaker) (attack weaker)
football19 likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:01   #143
Senior Member+
 

Re: The new squad

Don't think he's on Wikki
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:03   #144
Senior Member+
 
Tin Monkey's Avatar
 

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Do the majority share my opinion that Dundavin is a great shot stopper,but not a First choice keeper?
I'd expect any 'keeper above North West Counties level to be a decent shot stopper. It's the ability to do the other things that makes a 'keeper any good.
__________________
T.M.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:05   #145
Senior Member+
 

Re: The new squad

Agree with you on defence and midfield,but I think you're wrong on attack...Webber and Gray will be awesome in time and I am expecting great things from Carver believe me there are strong foundations laid!!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:06   #146
Senior Member+
 

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I'd expect any 'keeper above North West Counties level to be a decent shot stopper. It's the ability to do the other things that makes a 'keeper any good.
100% in agreement
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:12   #147
God Member
 
Pendle Red's Avatar
 

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
do you have wiki links for them?

I meant for Watson?

Piero Mingoia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A little bit on Karlton, the games he has played I have been impressed

Former Nottingham Forest defender Karlton Watson is looking for a new club | Sky Sports
__________________
Working Towards Change

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:14   #148
Senior Member
 
accybeme's Avatar
 

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Agree with you on defence and midfield,but I think you're wrong on attack...Webber and Gray will be awesome in time and I am expecting great things from Carver believe me there are strong foundations laid!!!!
hope your correct Webber looks useful but Gray & Carver were available last season, last season Boco scored 10 Amond scored 9 moly scored 8
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:16   #149
Senior Member+
 

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Bavs is a great shot stopper made some ridiculously good saves but sometimes his positioning gets him into trouble, as for the team assembled this season the pre-season friendlies mean nothing, the opening games in the League will judge how good or bad the team is,
our top goal scorers from last season Amond, Boco & Molyneux have all gone,
my opinion (defence stronger) (midfield weaker) (attack weaker)
Will the defence be stronger??,assuming Rob has to start,his last loan spell read 12 league games,3 wins and we conceded 22 goals !!,hope things improve !!!, Think Aldred is the key to us defending well,If he carries on from last season,then we have a good base
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:18   #150
Senior Member+
 

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
hope your correct Webber looks useful but Gray & Carver were available last season, last season Boco scored 10 Amond scored 9 moly scored 8
None of them got anywhere near super-mac !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 14:04.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.31236 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1