Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2013, 20:19   #151
Senior Member+

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
hope your correct Webber looks useful but Gray & Carver were available last season, last season Boco scored 10 Amond scored 9 moly scored 8
Both are more mature,fitter and stronger now especially Carver hopefully going to be a real handful for many a defence(especially Chesterfield)
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2013, 20:24   #152
God Member

Only time will tell if the squad assembled will be good enough?

I think it has plenty of experience within it players that can rotate positions, maybe looking for more goals from midfield this season than previous seasons but again there are goals within the team & have no qualms about the back four or the Stopper.

The first two games will give us a very good indication of where we are at Saturday will be a difficult away trip to Newport County with nearly a full house roaring them on followed up by the visit of Pompey in front of the Sky Cameras against most people's pre season favourites to bounce straight back up.
Chubbyman likes this.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:40   #153
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
None of them got anywhere near super-mac !!
or Ormrod
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 20:57   #154

Looking at last season's stats we've lost about 2/3 of our goals, so I think it is an issue and I don't think the current squad has enough goals in it.

I do think Webber and Gray will make a good strike force IF they get the right service - to feet or in behind and crosses from wide. If we resort to the route 1 tactics we employed yesterday we'll really struggle.

Hopefully JB can pull in a couple of decent loan signings
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 21:06   #155
Resting in Peace

Quote:
None of them got anywhere near super-mac !!
Why, how many did he score last season????
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 21:20   #156
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Why, how many did he score last season????
Think hes at the "Couldn't score in a brothel" stage of his career now.
Old 28-07-2013, 22:25   #157

As an outsider looking in, and i only have the Barrow game to gauge my opinion. But I hope Stanley fans aren't hoping that Webber will be the answer in the goalscoring department. He never got a kick on Saturday and to be honest looked like a player who's confidence had long since left him.

A comment earlier mentioned the pitch as a possible cause of the display. It was hard and dry, but 100% covered in grass. The pitch had nothing to do with it. I also wondered were Dean Winnard was, mainly because I as looking foward to having a pre match pint an a natter with his dad.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 22:31   #158
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Aint sure but don't think Dinos fully recovered yet from his injury? his dad probably can answer that un.
Old 29-07-2013, 05:45   #159
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
As an outsider looking in, and i only have the Barrow game to gauge my opinion. But I hope Stanley fans aren't hoping that Webber will be the answer in the goalscoring department. He never got a kick on Saturday and to be honest looked like a player who's confidence had long since left him.

A comment earlier mentioned the pitch as a possible cause of the display. It was hard and dry, but 100% covered in grass. The pitch had nothing to do with it. I also wondered were Dean Winnard was, mainly because I as looking foward to having a pre match pint an a natter with his dad.
Was looking forward to it Al,but a mate was sponsoring a rugby game so it would be rude not to abuse his hospitality !!. Is Jons younger brother still playing?,can't beat two teams playing/fighting then havin a. Pint together after--brought back happy memories
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 06:51   #160
God Member

Is Dean injured F19?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 07:42   #161
Resting in Peace

Quote:
As an outsider looking in, and i only have the Barrow game to gauge my opinion. But I hope Stanley fans aren't hoping that Webber will be the answer in the goalscoring department. He never got a kick on Saturday and to be honest looked like a player who's confidence had long since left him..
That doesn't sound like the Danny Webber I saw in the last 3 games. Hope your lad gets a new start at Barrow. Always rated him highly.
cashman and football19 like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 12:19   #162
Senior Member+

Quote:

To be honest,i am sat on the fence on this one.
Webber to me would make a good number ten,playing around someone who leads the line,not an out and out striker.
Time will tell,but from what i have seen,we are trying to get him in behind defences by long balls to turn them, rather than posession and slide rule passes.
Old 29-07-2013, 12:27   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
To be honest,i am sat on the fence on this one.
Webber to me would make a good number ten,playing around someone who leads the line,not an out and out striker.
Time will tell,but from what i have seen,we are trying to get him in behind defences by long balls to turn them, rather than posession and slide rule passes.
Agree 100% webber is a great forward player but has never been a prolific goalscorer, fer my money will be the best provider stanley have acquired in Div2.
Old 29-07-2013, 12:50   #164
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agree 100% webber is a great forward player but has never been a prolific goalscorer, fer my money will be the best provider stanley have acquired in Div2.
Agree Cashy,but i also like Hatfield in that role,rather than out wide.
Normally i have sussed out our shape/structure by now,but i am still puzzled !!.
It may be a ploy to confuse the opposition,as its got me scratching my head
Old 29-07-2013, 12:55   #165
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I really like the look of the guy on trial, Watson think he will be a very good addition if we sign him.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..