Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 18:08   #196
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by accytom101 View Post
Another good thread by chubbyman, keep it up.
Agree it is a good thread, Is Chubbyman some relation?
Old 01-08-2013, 21:21   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Isn't the no.11 shirt still unallocated?
Probably one the positions we are really lacking as well (assuming you're of an age when u can remember the left winger always wore No 11)
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 21:39   #198
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I'm of n age when the front line consisted of 2 Wingers 2 inside forwards, n 1 Centre Forward,
Old 01-08-2013, 21:47   #199
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I'm of n age when the front line consisted of 2 Wingers 2 inside forwards, n 1 Centre Forward,
And behind them were two wing halves, a centre half, two full backs and a custodian
Outback Ozzy, cashman, mab and 2 others like this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:18   #200
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Beats reckons possibly a couple more in next few weeks, sounds promising to me, He seems to have more/better access to bigger clubs than previous tenants of the job.?
Old 02-08-2013, 20:24   #201
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Beats reckons possibly a couple more in next few weeks, sounds promising to me, He seems to have more/better access to bigger clubs than previous tenants of the job.?
Naismith is still a strong possibility however he's still contracted to Rangers,we can't afford to buy him.McCoist strongly encouraged him to do a deal with Stanley as he's not in future plans there.So being an old pal of Beattie is Ally going to let us have him on loan?I know no.11 well Cashman played in that position for Netherfield way back !
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 21:53   #202
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Naismith is still a strong possibility however he's still contracted to Rangers,we can't afford to buy him.McCoist strongly encouraged him to do a deal with Stanley as he's not in future plans there.So being an old pal of Beattie is Ally going to let us have him on loan?I know no.11 well Cashman played in that position for Netherfield way back !
Bring him back will be a favourite with The Clayton End
Old 03-08-2013, 02:26   #203
Senior Member+

Also played #11 Chubbyman and against Netherfield, nice little ground, a bit before your time though.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 13:54   #204
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Also played #11 Chubbyman and against Netherfield, nice little ground, a bit before your time though.
What team did you play for Ossining kid?
Old 05-08-2013, 04:06   #205
Senior Member+

Good question Chubbyman, you have me rattling the old grey matter with that one. It could have been Stanley reserves 1960-62 or Stanley 63-64 or Great Harwood 65-69, probably all of the above.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 20:49   #206
Senior Member+

I see Franny Jeffers tweeted this on sunday morning, Presuming he is aiming it at Beattie!...

"The phone will ring tday if he wants to stay in the league surely I'm waiting hurry up #bitethebullet"
Old 05-08-2013, 20:55   #207
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I see Franny Jeffers tweeted this on sunday morning, Presuming he is aiming it at Beattie!...

"The phone will ring tday if he wants to stay in the league surely I'm waiting hurry up #bitethebullet"
If he is, that disappoints me, twas him who said no to the offer.
Old 05-08-2013, 21:12   #208
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post

You don't publicly try to embarrass the gaffer,if that's his intention i'de leave him on the dole with Coley(who needs a new side kick after Bell dumped him)if that's not his intention then I apologise .Wonder what DAV007 has to say?
Old 05-08-2013, 21:22   #209
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Coley(who needs a new side kick after Bell dumped him)if that's not his intention then I apologise .Wonder what DAV007 has to say?
"Mr Coleman, sir, gi' us a job. I can do dat. go on. gi' us a job."
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 05-08-2013, 22:04   #210
Senior Member+

What I wouldn't say is anything daft to unjustly criticise a player like Jeffers who is a match winner and is a step above league 2.

Cashman - are you sure it was a proper offer?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..