Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 11:48   #226
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Beattie got no one 100% but let young carver go? Don't understand that one!

In my eyes it's very disappointing , we've been dreadful for the last few games so must of had time to look at availability !

Hoping for good loans or its not looking good!
Have to disagree on that Carver aint quite ready fer Div2 in my view, Conference is just the right place fer him to advance to that level.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:24   #227
Senior Member+

fDDid I dream something or what. according to the BBC show last night we signed a B Smith from Sunderland on a free! Yet nothing on't fishy and nowt on here

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 13:08   #228
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to disagree on that Carver aint quite ready fer Div2 in my view, Conference is just the right place fer him to advance to that level.
No totally agree on that cashman ! He's not good enough for league 2 yet as a main striker and needs to grow up in the conference with a decent team and he looks to have got that but what I'm saying is that with no strikers at the club and an empty bench we may still need him as backup!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 13:20   #229
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
No totally agree on that cashman ! He's not good enough for league 2 yet as a main striker and needs to grow up in the conference with a decent team and he looks to have got that but what I'm saying is that with no strikers at the club and an empty bench we may still need him as backup!
Reckon we will have a striker sooner rather n later.fc.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:45   #230
Senior Member+

Apparently we are to get two additions to the squad before weekend as two have gone! Is that Richardson and Dunbavin?Who's coming....I presume a goalkeeper,let's hope he's on the train from Putney and not Chesterfield and hopefully someone who can put a football between the posts and under the crossbar,failing that Linganzi should knit into the squad well and bolster the midfield!
sparkie, Redraine, cashman and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Chubbyman; 03-01-2014 at 01:52.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:17   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Apparently we are to get two additions to the squad before weekend as two have gone! Is that Richardson and Dunbavin?Who's coming....I presume a goalkeeper,let's hope he's on the train from Putney and not Chesterfield and hopefully someone who can put a football between the posts and under the crossbar,failing that Linganzi should knit into the squad well and bolster the midfield!
If we are getting 2 players I would imagine one of the players coming back would be Bettenelli as Fulham's keeper crisis seems to have eased, and as we currently have 5 forwards I would bet 1 wine gum that we end up with another youth player in the Richardson/Windass/Caton mould. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get Lingazi or Toure
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:22   #232
God Member

According to Sky sports news this morning Linganzi is not fully fit at the moment so doubt he'll be making a return.
Keeping my fingers crossed Marcus could be on his way back - after all he played in the FA cup for us so would be ineligible to be on Fulham's bench this week anyway???
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:12   #233
God Member

Craig Rodden back at Liverpool after loan at Carlise tried to sign him in last window highly rated young midfielder could we back in for this lad.
Chubbyman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 16:21   #234
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
If we are getting 2 players I would imagine one of the players coming back would be Bettenelli as Fulham's keeper crisis seems to have eased, and as we currently have 5 forwards I would bet 1 wine gum that we end up with another youth player in the Richardson/Windass/Caton mould. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get Lingazi or Toure
Thankfully the train at Accrington Station has arrived from Fulham....Awesome....Welcome back Marcus!!!
yonmon likes this.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:40   #235
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Craig Rodden back at Liverpool after loan at Carlise tried to sign him in last window highly rated young midfielder could we back in for this lad.
Good call.....

Liverpool Midfielder Signs - Accrington Stanley FC

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:50   #236
Senior Member+

Great news !!!!
Good to have Marcus back in goal.

If only we could get Linganzi back?
(Roddan and Linganzi could make a great pairing in centre midfield??)

Next week at home against Newport can only be an improvement on the last 3 matches, particularly the Fleetwood disaster!
Chubbyman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 16:06   #237
Senior Member+

A few trialists training with Stanley......one looking really useful....here's hoping....it seems JB is getting a very useful squad together on a shoestring ...Magician !!!
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 07-01-2014, 20:13   #238
God Member

Any Idea,s as to who any of these trialists are anybody.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 21:45   #239
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Any Idea,s as to who any of these trialists are anybody.
Don't know but there was on tall coloured lad there with Kayode Odejayi,he looked really useful,they had been training at Qwegs and I only saw most of them arriving at Blackburn Rugby Club.
Old 07-01-2014, 22:58   #240
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Don't know but there was on tall coloured lad there with Kayode Odejayi,he looked really useful,they had been training at Qwegs and I only saw most of them arriving at Blackburn Rugby Club.
Pardon me if I'm missing something, but how do you know he looked really useful if you only saw them arriving?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..