Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2016, 17:23   #31
Full Member+

Re: The official Stevenage game thread.

Gutted that we couldn't beat such a poor team on the day and then to be pipped by Bristol in Fergy time. Still in playoffs but sooo gutted and now hate Stevenage even more
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2016, 18:27   #32
Full Member+

That was one poor performance! Ok we hit the crossbar a few times but apart from the belter that rattled it the rest were powder puff taps against it! The ball didn't land for us and yes the pitch played a part in that but was that team actually up for this game?!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 19:18   #33
Full Member+

Good season but very poor last game given the circumstances. I can only remember 1 shot on target from Fosu and he was dragged off soon after.

Get a bit crowd then ensure they don't come back with a poor display and insanitary toilet conditions. The performance can just about be forgiven, the poor treatment of fans is inexcusable. I expect the play off 2nd leg crowd will suffer,
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 19:20   #34
Senior Member+

Well im hurting, but its NOT over.

Was anyone surprised when they started cheering when Bristol Rovers scored??? I know I wasn't. Just about sums them up really.

As for the game itself, as others have said, we wern't good enough for 60+ minutes, simple.

Pitch seemed rock hard as coley said...... Surely it should have been watered even more???

Anyway, its not over. Roll on Wimbledon next weekend.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 19:21   #35

Don't think anyone can call the lads for effort.

The occasion(and conditions, if you are being generous) got to them and they didn't play their best.

They spent the first half an hour seemingly playing as individuals trying to win the game themselves. Much better in the second half but alas no joy.

Understandable behavior and I for one don't hold it against them.

Think it was a case of wanting it too much rather than not enough.
AccyMad, KiTChener and Redraine like this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 19:41   #36
Senior Member+

the results today conspired against us, I feel gutted for the players, the art of keeping the ball on the ground & quick passing moves that have been so evident in Stanley's performances this season were sadly missing, the introduction of Scot Brown saw our chances improve and we were unlucky not to achieve a wining result in the final stages, hope the lads can see us through to Wembley and as long as we don't get Trevor Kettle there is hope for us yet
db1007 likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 19:47   #37
Senior Member+

For my twopenneth, totally gutted, but we must remember what the team has done over the course of the season and as such, it is NOT over yet. Let's hope we get to Wembley after playing a very good Wimbledon team. After that, it is a one off game against either of the south coast teams, whatever happens, we have got to beat two more teams over 3 games.
AccyMad likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 19:59   #38
Senior Member+

Still got a good chance to right the wrongs but you can't underestimate the influence the pitch had.
When you see the ball bouncing everywhere Messi would have struggled.
It stopped us playing from the back,our widemen struggled to carry it,it wasn't pretty to watch.
Just started raining here,12 hours too late
AccyMad likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 20:23   #39

[QUOTEas long as we don't get Trevor Kettle QUOTE]

Bit ironic that at each corner, the advertising hoardings state....

''Kettles boiling'' !!!!

If only!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 20:31   #40
Senior Member+

It's fair to say Stevenage played well, their positional play defensively was brilliant.

Our central midfield simply didn't turn up, we missed crooks.

I was more disappointed with the first half display the amount of times we rushed out play and hit direct hopeful balls instead of the measured clever possession play that has served us well all season.

Billy kee didn't have his best game either, but there is no denying Stevenage deserved a point.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 21:55   #41
Senior Member+

Not good enough on the day, Stanley had to win to be certain of finishing 2nd, it was odds on that both Bristol and Oxford were favourites to win, so Stanley had to win, a 0-0 draw was useless. I managed to stream the game and I don't know the players as well as most of you do but there were some lack luster performances by too many. A once in a lifetime opportunity and not to give everything your body has to offer is, I'd like to say poor but I think I'll say crap. Let's see which team shows up for the play offs, see who really wants first div. football. Fingers crossed.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 21:58   #42
God Member

5 hours on and I'm off for counselling appointment.
maccawozzagod likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 23:43   #43

Gutted Fcuk it

Right thats out of my system, let go up at Wembley
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 23:48   #44

We missed some good chances today and if they had gone in we'd all be celebrating now, that's football. I had to leave at the end I was that gutted with the result but like it's been said before **** it.

Come on you Reds !!!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 00:21   #45
Resting in Peace

What a day! It was like a vision of the future when I arrived at the top of the Crown steps at 1..45 pm with the Fanzone in full swing and the surroundings transformed from the rubbish tip it was so very recently. To see the stadium full and in great voice was inspiring. Pity about the game but let's hope the chance of making it into the promised land is still within our grasp. Shook hands with a downcast Willie Millar on the way out, but he has no need to be,as getting him back into the fold promises a return to the great days when he was King of the Clayton End. Even Mrs Red was impressed with the noise and spectacle, even if she didn't actually stay for the match!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..