Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2016, 17:56   #61

Re: The official Stevenage game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
We're all gutted but as fans we can't do anything about it.
So what a great piece on the Fishy site from Pierro.
That's the right attitude to take instead of being another all-knowing "Monday-morning quarter-back".
As for Wimbledon away, to paraphrase Alf Ramsay from 50 years ago, "We've beaten them once, so let's get out there and beat them again".
Was it not a draw away and a defeat at home ?
yonmon likes this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2016, 18:48   #62
God Member

[QUOTE=Shurm;1168159]Was it not a draw away and a defeat at home ?[/QUOTE

I was alluding to the fact that, were it not for a certain kitchen appliance masquerading as a referee, it would have been an away win.
stanley convert and Greeny like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 19:25   #63

Ok
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 20:50   #64

Dissapointed yesterday but if there was one team in this division that would spoil the Stanley party it was gonna be Stevenage,anyway 24 hours on and a bit of reflection what a season we have had, an amazing squad, 85 points on the board,scored in all but one home match,finished fourth in a very tough league and the club under new ownership of a man who is prepared to put his money where his mouth is to move the biggest little football club in the world onwards. Whether we get promotion through the play offs or not remains to be seen but if it,s not to be well so be it and we go again in August............BELIEVE
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 21:41   #65
Senior Member+

Saturday afternoon was the worst experience in my whole life!
I cannot get past it yet!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 23:25   #66
Full Member+

I think some of us thought we had a divine right to claim that 2nd spot after we'd held it for a few weeks, but as Coley pointed out on several occasions,there would be twists and turns going into the final day of the season. A lot of fans thought we were already up, granted they might have been those who turned up for the day and not the whole season. Now we have to put in one of those away performances that got us into that automatic spot in the first place. Let's beat Wimbledon with a late winner. Then not think we're already at Wembley, before the start of the second leg!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:51   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Saturday afternoon was the worst experience in my whole life!
I cannot get past it yet!
Oh dear , did you not enjoy the wedding, mate?��
choirboy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:53   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Oh dear , did you not enjoy the wedding, mate?��
The Wedding in Ilkley was great Mike.
The service started spot on the scheduled 1pm at which Laura and I were extremely relieved. We were out just before 2 pm and drove straight back to The Wham Stadium, (within the speed limits...just), changing into our Stanley supporters garb once we had parked up at a friend of Laura's house close to the ground. We got onto the packed Clayton End at 2.55 pm! We even managed to edge our way more or less to our 'Normal Spot'.
I managed to lean forward and spotted you in your seat. Really pleased that you managed to make it on Mike.
Totally and utterly gutted after the match and I had a sad drive back to Ilkley for the wedding celebrations which cheered me up by about 1%. Sunday was terrible and I just couldn't look at the newspapers or TV all day. Came home from Ilkley, which is a lovely town, and finally plucked up courage to watch Coley's post match video before bedtime last night. Gutted just does not describe Coley's mood on the video but then I read Pierro's interview on The Fishy site and went to bed slightly more heartened. Pierro's positive attitude is remarkable and truly uplifting.
The match........best forgotten now.....

The only way is forward into the Play Offs!
Now we can look forward to Wimbledon and no further....ONE MATCH AT A TIME!
I am going for our tickets at lunch time and urge ALL STANLEY FANS to do the same today for Season Ticket Holders and tomorrow onwards for general ticket sales.
Let's have a repeat of the commitment we showed at Wycombe. We have all read about what the support means to the players and staff.....
SO COME ON ONE AND ALL
UP FOR THE STANLEY

We always seem to want to take the hard road....but that will make it all the more satisfying when we do it!
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH
and BELIEVE!!!!

Last edited by choirboy; 09-05-2016 at 08:57.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 16:38   #69

As for the hard road ..anyone fancy a couple of penalty shootouts on top.. Accy Victoira Hospital 500 yards up the road might get busy...No ones fault on Saturday.Bouncy Pitch and a strong Breeze that turned every pass and corners into an overhit spoiled any decent play.so no player should feel it was a bad performance...The show must go on...
Redraine and football19 like this.
JC4LAB is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..