Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2021, 17:14   #31
Full Member+

Re: The Oxford match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
also thought young savin was as well. yonmon playoffs are not gonna be in my view, no-way can we compete with squads of the so called big clubs.
This sunshine is getting to my head.... not only am I agreeing with Andy....
Cashy! You’re right. Savin was superb. Caught everything in the air and clung on to it.
Confidence hopefully returning, with no Yosser. Make of that what you will.
monkey hanger likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2021, 18:40   #32

Well done Stanley.

Only game I've not seen due to 'technical' issues. (Thanks Mr I Player).

In my head we battered them so don't anybody say different.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 21:56   #33
Senior Member+

Well, having watched the highlights on Quest tonight, how the effing 'ell did they not see the ball across the line for Dion's goal. Judging by the comments on the thread, maybe we should ask for these incompetent fools every week, because, by the sounds of it, they gave Oxford even less. Took one for the team today and knowcked meself off top spot in the Guess the score league. but I'll be back, or at least try to be.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 22:26   #34
Senior Member+

Actually Northampton can't catch us so we are safe but lets go for broke and make the playoffs.
yonmon likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:33   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Actually Northampton can't catch us so we are safe but lets go for broke and make the playoffs.
if that happens i will happily buy yeh a drink of whatever yeh want thats a knocking bet. mind it will have to be when yer oer again. oh i think i recall Joe saying he wasnt happy with team selection or summat is that right?

Last edited by cashman; 06-04-2021 at 09:35.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:06   #36
God Member

Correct Cashy - nothing wrong with your memory - just thought that the lads would have struggled(Smyth came off)playing another 90 minutes so soon

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:33   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

my memorys really crap joe remember what you said other day cos yeh talk a lot of sense
Old 06-04-2021, 12:08   #38
God Member

Smile Re: The Oxford match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
my memorys really crap joe remember what you said other day cos yeh talk a lot of sense

Praise indeed, cheers mate

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 15:14   #39
Senior Member+

Cheers Cashy I will gladly take you up on that but I think your money's safe for a while, we're back on lock down, hopefully later this year but I'm not holding my breath.
cashman likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 15:26   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

hope yer lockdown soon ends mate
ossy kid likes this.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:21   #41
God Member

never saw that result coming to be honest. oxford has not been a happy hunting ground in the past. after the goal was not given i feared the worst. as for the play offs, well stanley have has late runs before so its certainly not out of the question at the moment. just need to build on the oxford game on saturday against a side fighting for their lives. a decent win would give the team more confidence in the games coming up. a defeat would show just how irratic the side are.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..