Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2016, 17:28   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: The Pilgrims Match Thread

[QUOTE= My only observation, please leave the chosen one on hte bench and give Shaw a start (Macca needs a rest)..[/QUOTE

Come on, pal, you know that's never going to happen! I tell thee, if Coley would only see the light on that one, we would be in the automatics by now!��
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2016, 17:40   #17
God Member

Another nerve-racking afternoon but what a great result or Stanley. Well done to the entire squad and management. Hope the injury to Mr.Crooks isn't too serious but the team did the job without him. Good crowd too. All round good day.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 17:51   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Roll on Weds night,if we can get another 3Pts then its really game on.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 12-03-2016, 19:53   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
This could be the season changing result. I was fearing the worst up to the last 10mins. where did we get that from. We will have it. Up to then we were very mediocre, our passing is woeful at times. Hughes Man of the Match, Our keeper Ethridge is a brilliant confident keeper. Buxton had a half decent game. I hope crooks is not to bad. roll on Wednesday and Wycombe another tough game. we can do it.
Not sure we were watching the same game tbh! We totally dominated the second half & in the end got what we deserved against a very physical Plymouth team who got away with plenty of what their press man behind me called 'meaty challenges' - if it had been us using those tactics I'm sure he'd have had a very different name for them!
Well done lads - roll on Wednesday & a big thank you to our friends at Morecambe for beating the Wombles
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 19:59   #20

What a great feeling when the winner went in! For me we pressurised Plymouth well for most of the game if anything it felt like we had run out of ideas near the end then we got the penalty. Lots of good performances - kee(as he is every week this season), Hughes(calmly dealt with Ruben Reid), Mingola and etheridge(commanded box well) particularly. Although crooks would be a big miss I don't think he has hit the heights of earlier in the season of late. Mcconville is another who was playing really well for me but his form has tailed off and if there is a good enough alternative could maybe do with a breather. If windass can produce the form of early season it will be great to have his creative option back.
Chrisr likes this.
chevyfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 20:35   #21
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not sure we were watching the same game tbh! We totally dominated the second half & in the end got what we deserved against a very physical Plymouth team who got away with plenty of what their press man behind me called 'meaty challenges' - if it had been us using those tactics I'm sure he'd have had a very different name for them!
Well done lads - roll on Wednesday & a big thank you to our friends at Morecambe for beating the Wombles
I felt throughout the game we seemed to struggle to keep our passing tight and rarely played the wide option. We did seem to pass our way into trouble quite a lot. We did pressure them well but when they broke they were extremely dangerous on the break. Their goal did seem to come against the run of play but it was one of those goals that was as lucky as any we have benefited from earlier in the season. We certainly had the most possession of the ball in the second half but we were struggling to find our own players to pass to at times, How often did we get under each others feet? I put most of that down to nerves and general pressure, It is at those times we are vulnerable but today we had enough to hold on and then when we got the penalty I think they were settling for the point at 10 men when we struck and took the lead. This win will release a lot of pressure from players and maybe we can play with more cohesion and return to the great games and football of earlier in the season.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 22:16   #22
Senior Member+

No analysis from me !. Except to say that unlike Tuesday the Reds were by far the best team !.
But how disappointing to hear...Whilst a neat bit of defensive passing nullified one of Plymouth's rare second half attacks, at 0-1...A chorus of boos and damning remarks aimed at the players involved from a section of the Main Stand.
It makes me wonder exactly why such so-called fans bother to attend football matches in the first place, and secondly what they expect from our successful team to afford them some satisfaction? .
I expect, like the deserving poor, they will always be with us to pour out their ill-informed vitriol on our teams best efforts ...c'est la vie !
Oldgobbin, AccyMad, baldy and 4 others like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 22:37   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
No analysis from me !. Except to say that unlike Tuesday the Reds were by far the best team !.
But how disappointing to hear...Whilst a neat bit of defensive passing nullified one of Plymouth's rare second half attacks, at 0-1...A chorus of boos and damning remarks aimed at the players involved from a section of the Main Stand.
It makes me wonder exactly why such so-called fans bother to attend football matches in the first place, and secondly what they expect from our successful team to afford them some satisfaction? .
I expect, like the deserving poor, they will always be with us to pour out their ill-informed vitriol on our teams best efforts ...c'est la vie !
You get Pillock's in all walk,s of life we were good today and we were patient on the ball and could have had 4 roll on Wednesday.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 22:49   #24
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Redraine;1163846][QUOTE= My only observation, please leave the chosen one on hte bench and give Shaw a start (Macca needs a rest)..[/QUOTE

Come on, pal, you know that's never going to happen! I tell thee, if Coley would only see the light on that one, we would be in the automatics by now!��[/QUOTE]

The words of a Plymouth fan who travelled back with me: "If your No. 11 was only half as good as your No, 7, you would have the most dangerous forward line in League 2."
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 08:05   #25
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Revived Red;1163879]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post

The words of a Plymouth fan who travelled back with me: "If your No. 11 was only half as good as your No, 7, you would have the most dangerous forward line in League 2."
Yes we all love Piero with his dazzling runs quick feet and his pure effort every game maybe he should be playing in league 1, Sean does the best he can and I don't see a better alternative right winger sitting on the bench
AccyMad likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 08:14   #26

Apart from a 20 minute period in the middle of the second half, it was a demonstration that playing football our way will eventually pay off. Excellent stuff against 2nd in the league, who were very well organised and compact, at time with 6 across their back line.

Also, when was the last time we were awarded a penalty for 2 matches in a row??
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 08:55   #27
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=accybeme;1163884]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sean does the best he can and I don't see a better alternative right winger sitting on the bench
Do you mean left winger?

We did have one - but he got fed up and has gone to Canada. We haven't seen much of Brayden Shaw but from his time on the pitch so far surely he is worth a start.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 09:14   #28
God Member

The apparent lack of a naturally left-footed attacking player is a season long problem. Mr.McConville isn't one, and most right backs in League 2 know he will look to cut in nearly every time. Sometimes this works well for him and the team but I would like to think that he could have scored yesterday if he was able to use his left foot for more than standing on. A natural left foot could have hammered in that far post cross. That's why I too, Revived Red, was a bit mystified why Snr.Bruna rarely got a look in.
But that's history, and I look forward to McConville bagging a hat- trick on Wednesday: one with each foot and a third deflected off his backside.
Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 09:38   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
The apparent lack of a naturally left-footed attacking player is a season long problem. Mr.McConville isn't one, and most right backs in League 2 know he will look to cut in nearly every time. Sometimes this works well for him and the team but I would like to think that he could have scored yesterday if he was able to use his left foot for more than standing on. A natural left foot could have hammered in that far post cross. That's why I too, Revived Red, was a bit mystified why Snr.Bruna rarely got a look in.
But that's history, and I look forward to McConville bagging a hat- trick on Wednesday: one with each foot and a third deflected off his backside.
And there was me always considering you to be the consummate realist in all of the accurate
Analyses you post on our Forum, and now in one paragraph viz. ' I look forward to ....', you appear to have succumbed to 'the other side' where fantasy and misconception rule !.
I hope that this was a slight oversight and that Revived Red and myself can expect your return to the fold in your future contributions.

In the meantime ( not the Greenwich kind ! ) take a hundred lines..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 10:31   #30
Full Member+

What a contrasting game from Tues performance ( I mean lack of ) Keep that up and we won't be asking what we expect IF we get promoted but WHEN . Same again on WEd please lads, bring em on!!
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..