Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2015, 22:37   #31
Senior Member+

Re: The ' Reds shatter the Hatters' ..Match thread !!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Just looked up the Gate figures........
Attendance: 2,359 (1,175 Luton supporters)...
Which means there were 1184 Home fans on which I find somewhat disappointing.
I actually thought that there was around 2,700 looking around the ground yesterday!?
What can we do to get the people of Accy to come on and support our super team?
Hopefully a few wins , be further up the table and maybe a big cup win could get a few fans on this season if promoted right! Got told we sold 600+ Season tickets so to have double that on walk ons is not that bad but obviously needs to be better! Don't also forget it's the school holidays etc at the minute so families are a miss!

I've always said and thought Stanley are never going to get 2,000 constant home fans coming to the ground with the facilities we have and also without a good season! Let's hope the club have plans for the facilities for the future but I'm optimistic about having a good season though !!

Disappointing yesterday conceding the late equaliser and I knew it could come since we kept on missing chance after chance but coley has every right to be annoyed as it should of been a game we won!

Bring on Hull and Morecambe!!!!

Need to a big push too to get as many fans to travel away to watch the Reds play Morecambe ! They need our support!

Last edited by fc:stanley; 09-08-2015 at 22:41.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2015, 00:34   #32
Senior Member+

Personally the only way we will build our fanbase is to start from the bottom and do more to attract the kids, ok maybe it won't bring in instant major revenue but in years to come they'll be stood in The Crown, Clayton End having a beer with a season ticket!

At first when I heard Coleys thoughts I thought he was slightly harsh but looking back he's probably right, truth is, we should have had the points wrapped up long before their deflected equaliser!

I'd much rather have a passionate manager speaking the truth than a manager who just keeps telling everybody he believes in the team!
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:47   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Hopefully a few wins , be further up the table and maybe a big cup win could get a few fans on this season if promoted right! Got told we sold 600+ Season tickets so to have double that on walk ons is not that bad but obviously needs to be better! Don't also forget it's the school holidays etc at the minute so families are a miss!

I've always said and thought Stanley are never going to get 2,000 constant home fans coming to the ground with the facilities we have and also without a good season! Let's hope the club have plans for the facilities for the future but I'm optimistic about having a good season though !!

Disappointing yesterday conceding the late equaliser and I knew it could come since we kept on missing chance after chance but coley has every right to be annoyed as it should of been a game we won!

Bring on Hull and Morecambe!!!!

Need to a big push too to get as many fans to travel away to watch the Reds play Morecambe ! They need our support!
Last season we sold 644 season tickets apparently this season slightly more so let,s say 650 in a Southern based league to reach Peter Marsden,s dream of 2000+ average we would have to have a 1000 walk on,s average away following 400 aprox, its a big ask even if we were top of the league but at least at the top end and promoted we would be in a northern based league 1 we can but dream.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:12   #34
God Member

Smile Re: The ' Reds shatter the Hatters' ..Match thread !!.

We have done around 550 season tickets this season, as opposed to 580 last.

We did around 70 'free' children tickets last season, we have not done these this season, so we have sold more season tickets - slightly - this season

The Community Trust will be putting in a concerted effort with schools instead of the 'free' tickets, which were in the main not a success.

Wynonie Harris likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:34   #35

Looking at the bigger picture, the game brought promise for the season ahead.
Always disappointing to concede a late goal but overall some hope?
baldy and Red-Osbornello like this.
Giacomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..