Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2015, 22:36   #1
Senior Member+

The ' Reds shatter the Hatters' ..Match thread !!.

Seat D 51 in the Main Stand awaits to accommodate my nether regions !...FA19 will be waiting to pass on his welcome nuggets of all things tactical ( Which, as usual, I will not fully understand !)..Next seats but one will hold a bevy of visiting Directors just waiting to be wound up !...but most of all my beloved Reds will take to the field and flex their skills against Luton Town, and so the roller- coaster ride begins again !!.
Can't remember now just how many years the excitement of the countdown to the first kick-off of a new season has enlivened my early autumns, but as usual the tingle of anticipation is palpable !.
So, along with all the 1K + loyal fans of our great little Club !, I'll be hoping for great exhibitions of skill, endeavour, and heart from whichever players JC decides to pick from what appears to be an exciting squad. Starting tomorrow against a team who will without doubt prove to be a good yardstick for the games to come !...
Do I really need to exhort you all to get behind the team from the first kick ?.. Silly of me to even think that !...just share my usual battle cry...' ON STANLEY !..ON!..TO GREATER THINGS !'.

SEE YOU THERE !. ktf.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2015, 05:42   #2
Super Moderator

Re: The ' Reds shatter the Hatters' ..Match thread !!.

Well said, mate, and I trust Alfred E. will be in attendance as well?
Old 08-08-2015, 05:48   #3
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

See you at the game !! Cm on you stripes sorry REDS : )
Old 08-08-2015, 07:50   #4
Senior Member+

Really looking forward to the game today to see our young inexperienced team deal with Luton,who should run away with the title if quality/class and experience counts for anything.
Playing league football brings a different pressure to the players,but I am quietly confident of our lads.
Key will be how we deal with their front four,especially benson and smith who are great players with plenty of experience.
Look to keep our shape and concentration and I am sure we will get chances at the other end
Come on you reds !!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:02   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
See you at the game !! Cm on you stripes sorry REDS : )
Hardly any stripes visible now
AccyMad, baldy, cashman and 2 others like this.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:29   #6
God Member

Apparently Shay McCarten had broken his wrist & is ruled out for today
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:55   #7
Senior Member+

3 points please Coleman
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:14   #8
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
3 points please Coleman
Shouldn't that be sir
Old 08-08-2015, 12:16   #9
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Hardly any stripes visible now
In that case i might buy one now
Old 08-08-2015, 16:16   #10

Positive indicator for the season ahead. First half fairly even. Second half took lead and then played well with stylish football. We did not finish them off in this period and paid for it with the late equaliser. I felt defence looked solid overall thou
AccyMad, cashman, Lemur and 1 others like this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 16:20   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Agree wi chevy, thought we played very well against a side thats gonna be at the sharp end this season, perhaps we may have scored a second if we hadn't played a bit fer what we had? Lutons goal was a cracker no doubt, but one i felt they should never have had if we had gone for the jugular.Also thought Davies was immense, great debut.

Last edited by cashman; 08-08-2015 at 16:23.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 16:44   #12
Senior Member+

I was not disappointed !!... A most enjoyable game...shame about the result !. Like others have said it bodes well for the future and quite a few teams are in for a surprise I feel.
Due to a change in medication Alfred.E didn't make it Steve !....Oh how I missed his banter !..but my behaviour has improved as F19 will testify !!.
And now for Hull City !.
Wynonie Harris and Giacomo like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 16:45   #13
Resting in Peace

Jammy beggars, Luton. I thought we outplayed them in the second half with some magic football but we lacked a striker to finish them off. Both Terry and Billy failed to make good opportunities pay off when presented with decent chances. McConville too was a weak link and was rightly subbed. I just hope Coley gives Morgan a fair crack of the whip sooner rather than later. Great defensive play from us right until the death, when Deano seemed to be giving Piero grief for not closing down their scorer? Can't blame him too much since he must have been knackered after a typical 100% effort in which he ran about 10 miles during the afternoon.
choirboy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 17:40   #14
Senior Member+

Gutted we never got a clean sheet !! As we deserved it.
Thought we showed a little bit of nerves early on and was a bit wasteful,but we grew into the game and eventually dominated large periods.
Once we got ahead they put another man up top and with the space it created,we should have killed them off.
Make no mistake we gave them a game and Luton will be promoted,I have no doubts.
Lot of good performances,piero never stopped and the back four were very disciplined and held an high line .
Very promising start !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 17:54   #15
Resting in Peace

Just seen the goals on Sky Sports News.I was mistaken. It can't have been Piero that Deano was having a go at for their equaliser. Must have been one of our midfielders. Goals are on again between 8 and 9 I think.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..