Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2019, 12:48   #46
Full Member+

Re: The Scunthrope game.

Surely the stat that is most disturbing is that we had 16 chances and didn't score and the Irons had 10 chances and scored 2. I wouldn't think that it will matter how much better we play if we don't put away our chances.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2019, 14:12   #47
God Member

[QUOTE=pifco;1224094]Surely the stat that is most disturbing is that we had 16 chances and didn't score and the Irons had 10 chances and score 2

didn,t see the game but there are chances and chances. these statistics can really mean nothing though like the endless one about side A having 75 per cent posession and side B only 25. its what you actually do with it when you get it that counts and not how long you can pass sideways and backwards without doing anything positive with the ball.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 14:18   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Billy is not a Demi God.
He is currently an under performing centre forward with a poor goals return. Take away spot kicks and what is left ?
I stress not the culprit, a culprit - one of a few.
hate to say it but i,d rest billy for a couple of games and try 2 of the other 3 in the starting line up. looks jaded to me and gets very little protection from match officials. you can only take so much hammer no matter who you are.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 15:25   #49

Hold the front page!!!! Stanley have scored!! 2 of the buggers!!

2-2 (Zanzala and Nolan) against Rovers in Lancs Cup, but beaten on penalties
AccyMad likes this.
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 15:45   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
Hold the front page!!!! Stanley have scored!! 2 of the buggers!!

2-2 (Zanzala and Nolan) against Rovers in Lancs Cup, but beaten on penalties
Was only Zanzala @ Mangan scored from the spot.
Old 11-02-2019, 15:54   #51
God Member

Just glad that two goals were scored during the game.
Penalties are a bit of a lottery, though I hope it was the Rovers’ keeper who saved them and not Stanley players missing the target!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 15:58   #52

Zanzala was a one on one with the keeper having been played thru and nolan was a near post header. Mangan scored in the penalty shoot out.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 16:40   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Just glad that two goals were scored during the game.
Penalties are a bit of a lottery, though I hope it was the Rovers’ keeper who saved them and not Stanley players missing the target!
2 pens did hit the bar, dunno oer the other,
Old 11-02-2019, 18:31   #54
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
hate to say it but i,d rest billy for a couple of games and try 2 of the other 3 in the starting line up. looks jaded to me and gets very little protection from match officials. you can only take so much hammer no matter who you are.
On one of the many times Billy got clattered two Scunny supporters stood near me said that's foul what's the Ref watching. He was more concerned about throw ins being taken from the right place.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..