Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2022, 18:56   #16
God Member

Re: THE vs Charlton and 'Just how crap was that ref'? thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
How we won the match with a useless get like him was refing has made me believe in miracles.
Correct Cashy, we played 10-v-12 most of the game!!!!!!!
cashman and choirboy like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2022, 18:57   #17
God Member

Smile Re: THE vs Charlton and 'Just how crap was that ref'? thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
The referee today was UTTERLY USELESS!
Right down there with KETTLE and DRYSDALE at their worst!

Other than that I can only say…..
NO COMMENT!
Spot on my friend, would not have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes
cashman and choirboy like this.

Old 12-03-2022, 19:38   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Oh Dear,,,Tommy Leigh a hero and villain.
Hero yes K.J., villain - NOT a chance my friend!!!!!

MikeA likes this.

Old 12-03-2022, 20:33   #19
God Member

Just two comments :

Never a penalty
Never a sending off - but justice prevailed in the end (no thanks to the ref)
cashman and Greger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 20:46   #20
God Member

Surely a third point AccyMad...........

K.J. started a thread - AND WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwi John likes this.

Old 12-03-2022, 22:25   #21
God Member

Blimey, who’d be a League 1 ref? Obviously very few with consistent judgement if this season’s offering of officiating is anything to go by.
Maybe the FA think the game is becoming too predictable so they’ve come up with a way that teams combat not just each other but also maverick refereeing decisions. Maybe refs will soon be able to brandish a joker, as well as yellow and red cards - at least then we’ll all know they’re just having a laugh.

Thought the midfield selection very ‘brave’, omitting Butcher, Hamilton, Conneely, and Morgan, but young Coyle just can’t do right for doing wrong at the moment.
As for our man of the match, he clearly had to be punished for scoring the only decent goal of the day. Can’t have that!
But, overall, it was and had to be another battling performance from Stanley and I thought they deserved the win.

Finally, congratulations to Andy Holt and all at the club for what they’ve achieved at the ground. Amazing transformation.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2022, 07:26   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Hero yes K.J., villain - NOT a chance my friend!!!!!

...and made it to Sky's 'Goals of the Weekend':
https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...of-the-weekend
cashman likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2022, 09:18   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
...and made it to Sky's 'Goals of the Weekend':
https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...of-the-weekend
Mike !.. No one has mentioned Charlton Athletic yet ?. BUT I reckon that yesterday's squad were but a pale shadow of all those I have watched from that once great Club over the years !..
Totally shapeless and lacking drive which must be a worry for their Manager !

Just a thought from my C19 Isolation !....
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2022, 09:19   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Blimey, who’d be a League 1 ref? Obviously very few with consistent judgement if this season’s offering of officiating is anything to go by.
Maybe the FA think the game is becoming too predictable so they’ve come up with a way that teams combat not just each other but also maverick refereeing decisions. Maybe refs will soon be able to brandish a joker, as well as yellow and red cards - at least then we’ll all know they’re just having a laugh.

Thought the midfield selection very ‘brave’, omitting Butcher, Hamilton, Conneely, and Morgan, but young Coyle just can’t do right for doing wrong at the moment.
As for our man of the match, he clearly had to be punished for scoring the only decent goal of the day. Can’t have that!
But, overall, it was and had to be another battling performance from Stanley and I thought they deserved the win.

Finally, congratulations to Andy Holt and all at the club for what they’ve achieved at the ground. Amazing transformation.
Feel for young Coyle maybe he,s a bit overkeen but the handball for the penalty could have happened to any off our players just a bad bounce and it hit his elbow, has for team selection looking to the future maybe I think Hamilton was left out because he was on nine cards and after this weekend the amnesty for a ban on 10 yellow,s kicks in. Thought Longelo played very well has a wingback scoring as well onto Wednesday on Tuesday a more difficult opposition expect team changes again.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2022, 10:29   #25
God Member

Having just watch the ‘highlights’ I revise my comments about the ref.
I think he got the three big decisions right!
Coyle does appear to push his hand past the Charlton player’s arm to try and knock the ball away.
Leigh does lead with his arm, although it didn’t look and very much doubt it was malicious.
And the Charlton player does use his upper arm to control the ball before putting it in the net.
There were plenty of other strange decisions but, on those three, I don’t think Mr. Mather merits being a member of the Kettle Klutz Klub.
Old 13-03-2022, 11:36   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Having just watch the ‘highlights’ I revise my comments about the ref.
I think he got the three big decisions right!
Coyle does appear to push his hand past the Charlton player’s arm to try and knock the ball away.
Leigh does lead with his arm, although it didn’t look and very much doubt it was malicious.
And the Charlton player does use his upper arm to control the ball before putting it in the net.
There were plenty of other strange decisions but, on those three, I don’t think Mr. Mather merits being a member of the Kettle Klutz Klub.
to be honest i told everyone around me he was crap but i have seen far worse at accy.
Old 13-03-2022, 13:02   #27
Full Member+

Pretty dire game but good result. The penalty did look like basketball and looked a silly one to give away, but I couldn't see much in the sending off due to where I was and the angle of the replay. Great second goal and 3 points.

Is the bar on the tent shut for good now, it shut before kick off and did not reopen. The service seemed a shambles all around the ground compared to normal, I am assuming a lot of new staff.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2022, 13:09   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Pretty dire game but good result. The penalty did look like basketball and looked a silly one to give away, but I couldn't see much in the sending off due to where I was and the angle of the replay. Great second goal and 3 points.

Is the bar on the tent shut for good now, it shut before kick off and did not reopen. The service seemed a shambles all around the ground compared to normal, I am assuming a lot of new staff.
Must have been teething problems I would think someone sat near me was after a cheese pie and was sent from one outlet to another, went in the bar at halftime have to say they look fabulous.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2022, 14:05   #29
God Member

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1265030]?..but I couldn't see much in the sending off due to where I was and the angle of the replay.[/yQUOTE]

I was sat directly in line with the sending off incident in the Whinney Hill stand and was outraged at the decision.
But in the Crown afterwards one rueful Charlton fan did ask me if thought Leigh may have ‘lead with his elbow’.
Have now to agree with him.
As I said, I don’t believe it was a deliberate act but, if you look at Kippax’s photos on the Fishy site, he’s caught the incident perfectly.
Btw, Kippax’s also captured Longelo’s header and Leigh’s strike - well done to him.
Old 13-03-2022, 15:00   #30
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1265032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
?..but I couldn't see much in the sending off due to where I was and the angle of the replay.[/yQUOTE]

I was sat directly in line with the sending off incident in the Whinney Hill stand and was outraged at the decision.
But in the Crown afterwards one rueful Charlton fan did ask me if thought Leigh may have ‘lead with his elbow’.
Have now to agree with him.
As I said, I don’t believe it was a deliberate act but, if you look at Kippax’s photos on the Fishy site, he’s caught the incident perfectly.
Btw, Kippax’s also captured Longelo’s header and Leigh’s strike - well done to him.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..