Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree37Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2019, 18:37   #46
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: the vs Fleetwood match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Think the signing of Mangy wasn't just about his playing time on the pitch.
Worked well for him being someone he knew and enjoyed,around close friends, whilst being given the opportunity to progress with his coaching badges.
Worked well for Accy to have his energy and enthusiasm around the club.
Alot of the players have spoken highly about him this season.

Unused loanees are unused for a reason.
Housing costs would be there regardless....
An opportunity which, to my mind, he shouldn't have been provided with given the dark cloud he originally left under due to the part he played along with others, in dragging Stanley's name through the mud during the betting saga.
I know he served his ban & I have no problem with him plying his trade elsewhere, but his return left a sour taste with me hence I'm happy he's gone
AccyMad is offline  
Accrington Web
Old 01-04-2019, 20:30   #47
Full Member
 
StanleyJosh's Avatar
 

Re: the vs Fleetwood match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
An opportunity which, to my mind, he shouldn't have been provided with given the dark cloud he originally left under due to the part he played along with others, in dragging Stanley's name through the mud during the betting saga.
I know he served his ban & I have no problem with him plying his trade elsewhere, but his return left a sour taste with me hence I'm happy he's gone
He was young and naive.
He left a boy and came back a man.
I would hate it if mistakes I made in my youth stopped my career progression 10 years later.

On a personal level, he was an absolute gentleman taking time to speak to my partner since she moved up here with me and whilst she was working at Stanley.

Guess that is the side to him not many people see.
StanleyJosh is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 20:47   #48
Full Member
 

Re: the vs Fleetwood match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
There has to be a shaking up of the squad if weíre still in league one. Thatís going to take investment like it or not.
Alternatively cash our chips in on a few while we can get fees and reinvest.
Managers and coaches canít keep performing miracles finding golden nuggets.
I just hope we donít resort to the loan market again.
Imagine the position we would be in now if Ripley Anderton and ihiekwe had been permanent.

But we're stranded down Poundland with 99p
AccyMad likes this.
Spartacus2nd is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 21:19   #49
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: the vs Fleetwood match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
He was young and naive.
He left a boy and came back a man.
I would hate it if mistakes I made in my youth stopped my career progression 10 years later.

On a personal level, he was an absolute gentleman taking time to speak to my partner since she moved up here with me and whilst she was working at Stanley.

Guess that is the side to him not many people see.
That's your opinion, I have mine & no-one will change it but I'm guessing you weren't around at the time I was talking about? When it was stated by the chairman at the time that none of those involved would ever be employed by the club again.
As I said, I have no problem with him progressing his career elsewhere
pifco and Simpson like this.
AccyMad is offline  
Old 02-04-2019, 06:28   #50
Senior Member
 

Re: the vs Fleetwood match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
There has to be a shaking up of the squad if weíre still in league one. Thatís going to take investment like it or not.
Alternatively cash our chips in on a few while we can get fees and reinvest.
Managers and coaches canít keep performing miracles finding golden nuggets.
I just hope we donít resort to the loan market again.
Imagine the position we would be in now if Ripley Anderton and ihiekwe had been permanent.
I don't know about Ihiekwe who I agree would have been a good permanent signing but Ripley's wages at Middlesborough were a reported £6,000 a week if that was true get real Twenty Eight we just can't afford them,agree about moving away from the loan market but until the budget grows nuggets are just hard to find.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline  
Old 02-04-2019, 07:42   #51
Super Moderator

 
Mr T's Avatar
 

Re: the vs Fleetwood match thread

I'll close this down folks as we're wandering again.

I'd also rather guesses at individual's income be kept private

Thank you
ferret man likes this.
Mr T is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.20238 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1