Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2019, 14:09   #1
God Member

the vs Fleetwood match thread

C'mon Stanley
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2019, 14:48   #2
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: the vs Fleetwood match thread

Ugly game of football ⚽
Old 30-03-2019, 14:59   #3
God Member

Ugly till we hit the front.
Old 30-03-2019, 15:16   #4
God Member

%$#^%$@$%##*i&^&*^%$#&%$@^!!!
Old 30-03-2019, 15:35   #5
God Member

FFS, get one STANLEY
Old 30-03-2019, 15:42   #6
God Member

All over them on BBC stats machine.
Old 30-03-2019, 16:02   #7
God Member

..another grumpy Sunday....
Old 30-03-2019, 16:12   #8

Disappointed is my over riding feeling, even game first half. The change to 4 3 3 interesting although Fleetwood looked weak on wings which maybe we could have exposed, they score and we pen them and deserved a equaliser but lacked the quality to get it. We struggled to create against a defensively strong side. It was horrible to watch but the fisherman time wasted the game out well. Some ugly scenes of fighting outside ground at the end. Not good for encouraging kids to come the game again. I have funny feeling we will put in a good performance against Sunderland. Will have to see.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Old 30-03-2019, 16:58   #9

2 wins in our last 15 league games. Change of formation may we’ll be interesting but just shows we are currently clueless.

After Sunderland we have a run of 3 games against teams that if we lose to any of them, they overtake us. We then run into a sequence of teams either fighting automatic promotion, or the title (Luton whom I’m sure won’t enjoy giving it to us !) and finally play off position.

We seem to have run out of ideas, steam and anything else.
Old 30-03-2019, 17:04   #10
Full Member+

To say it was a poor scrappy game is a understatement. We deserved a draw at least. Our goal should have stood. Sadly we are lacking finishing quality. Things picked up when we made a couple of substitutions. We are out of sorts and I don't know why. Some players are just not playing to the standard we know they can. On the positive side I thought Harvey Rodgers put a good shift in and looked like he is almost back to his old self. Sykes had a great game and it was good to see him back in the team. We go again Wednesday and we need a win.
Old 30-03-2019, 17:12   #11
Senior Member+

My over-riding feeling today was why, oh why do our midfield and defence keep on giving the ball away by passing, sorry ,..kicking the ball !, without even looking before they complete the action.
This must surely be a recipe for failure if ever one existed !.

Having said that the Reds could possibly have got something out of the game seeing that Fleetwood's finishing was so poor !..

And so to bed !..
Chrisr likes this.
Old 30-03-2019, 19:04   #12
Senior Member+

I thought Fleetwood were far the better team until they scored their goal then we woke up and had some good chances to score, the don given motm was a joke, Sykes was my motm, good news is hard to come bye last week clark got his 10th yellow incurring him a two match ban, followed by McConville receiving his 10th yellow today incurring a two match ban
Old 30-03-2019, 19:09   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Ugly game of football ⚽
Didn't expect anything else, team of thugs & cheats created in their manager's image - we weren't good but at least played with honesty, maybe too much. We need to get a bit more guile about us when playing such teams.
Came away feeling flat & almost like I hadn't been to a football game - please God let it be better on Wednesday. Hope Paul Smyth is ok after his battering today
Old 30-03-2019, 19:12   #14

How can the Dom get MOTM when he can't even cross with his left foot shocking.sykes MOTM all day and I bet his mum egrees with me.she'll be putting it on Twitter as we speak ��
Old 30-03-2019, 19:37   #15

Something smells fishy - have Stanley had their chips?
We can bemoan missed chances, unfair decisions by officials & well rehearsed gamesmanship by our opponents till the boat comes in.
The fact is that, based on today's performance, we're sinking faster than the Titanic.
This was the day we were going to win & sail up the league. Instead, Fleetwood came with a game plan & we were done up like a kipper.
Devoid of any creativity from a static midfield, we seemed unable to make any impact until, too late in the day, we finally made some substitutions.
Barlaser improved the midfield & little Sousa injected some pep down the wing. If only this had been done at half-time, the result may have been different.
Alas, it proved too little too late.
Against a well drilled League 1 outfit, our deficiencies stood out like sore thumb. Too many of our squad are just not up to the job at this higher level.
For once, our defence were not the main culprits. IMO both Sykes & Rodgers played well, although Donacien had a nightmare game.
We just can't buy a goal at the moment, due largely to our players inability to find any space beyond the half-way line, unlike opponents, who always seem to find acres.
Oh how we missed Jordan Clark.
Unless we start scoring goals, I fear that Davy Jones' Locker awaits.
PS. If you can think of any more fishy puns, let minnow!
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..