Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2021, 16:00   #16
Senior Member+

Re: The vs Fleetwood thread.

I think I may have been asleep and dreaming this afternoon - what just happened?
Old 04-12-2021, 16:02   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I think I may have been asleep and dreaming this afternoon - what just happened?
...the other lot came second.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 16:32   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post

321 away fans,
Where have all the home fans gone?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 16:48   #19

Reports suggest the away fans have smashed up the toilets. Also before the game fighting with people in the town.
Old 04-12-2021, 16:48   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thought we played much better in the second half saw some great goals, will have to watch the first half goal on quest tonight cant see that far at the moment.
AccyMad and Watchdog like this.
Old 04-12-2021, 16:49   #21
God Member

Cashy-the ref?
Old 04-12-2021, 16:50   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
Reports suggest the away fans have smashed up the toilets. Also before the game fighting with people in the town.
fleetwood fans have many scumbags so not a suprise if correct,
Old 04-12-2021, 16:50   #23
God Member

Hey Mrs Mad-look who started this thread !
mab and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 04-12-2021, 16:54   #24
Full Member+

Bit of a scruffy game but a wins a win. We were much better second half when Coyle came on. Now lets do it all again on Tuesday.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 17:21   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
fleetwood fans have many scumbags so not a suprise if correct,
If the toilet,s have been damaged send Mr.Pilley the bill and ban the little bastard's for good they have a bad reputation, really hard lads though fighting toilet,s and poor people in town wished they'd have picked on me ill or not I,d have had a good go back never forget how to look after yourself and I admit I still look a bit menacing born that way.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 17:38   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Cashy-the ref?
The ref had as much trouble with his eyes as Cashy at times
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 17:42   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Hey Mrs Mad-look who started this thread !
It's been noted Kiwi, in fact you not only started it - for most if the game you were the thread! You're reprieved- feel free to start as many match threads as you like
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 18:03   #28
God Member

Great result, great to see Stanley net five times, but it was not so easy for much of the game.
I actually didn’t realise Batty had been sent off, I thought I saw the ref raise a yellow, but it was right on the sideline so there was no long walk for the offending player.
However, while Stanley led by a single goal, they were matched for quite a lot of the match by, what by then I realised, were ten men. Lot if them kids too, who really ran their socks off pressing our defenders.
But, not coincidentally, the game was won by the goals and their timing.
Bagging one at the restart was a life saver, and Colby took it well. Without that two goal lead it might have been a tad more jittery when Fleetwood got one back and started to play some nice, fast passing.
The third was like a safety valve, and a great strike from young Coyle, and knocked the steam out of Fleetwood.
The last two goals were both well created and taken and hope they help restore the confidence of the whole squad.
Well done, Stanley.
Just hope Coley has another wall to knock down before Tuesday night.
cashman, pifco, choirboy and 1 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 19:12   #29
God Member

Smile Re: The vs Fleetwood thread.

Great result, but it was a poor game, from two poor teams on the day.

The score line papered over the cracks, because at 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1, Fleetwood were very much in the game.

The game changed when Owen came on and I felt so sorry for Joel, as he had gotten himself into so many good positions, but our midfield/defence were incapable of playing the right ball!

Joel, Owen, Lewis, Colby, Sean and the back three played well, but we are miles off being where we need to be.

Another win on Tuesday needed and if we can get a point next Saturday I will be happy.

We are in desperate need of the creativity of Pritchard and Butcher and I wish we would go back to a back four......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 19:13   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Great result, great to see Stanley net five times, but it was not so easy for much of the game.
I actually didn’t realise Batty had been sent off, I thought I saw the ref raise a yellow, but it was right on the sideline so there was no long walk for the offending player.
However, while Stanley led by a single goal, they were matched for quite a lot of the match by, what by then I realised, were ten men. Lot if them kids too, who really ran their socks off pressing our defenders.
But, not coincidentally, the game was won by the goals and their timing.
Bagging one at the restart was a life saver, and Colby took it well. Without that two goal lead it might have been a tad more jittery when Fleetwood got one back and started to play some nice, fast passing.
The third was like a safety valve, and a great strike from young Coyle, and knocked the steam out of Fleetwood.
The last two goals were both well created and taken and hope they help restore the confidence of the whole squad.
Well done, Stanley.
Just hope Coley has another wall to knock down before Tuesday night.
Some very good points Exile

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..