Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2022, 14:09   #1
God Member

The vs Lincoln thread.

Better late than never, and I guess everyone will be at the game except us outside the region. C'MON STANLEY !
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2022, 14:36   #2
God Member

Re: The vs Lincoln thread.

An oggy !!! 1-0 us.
Old 23-04-2022, 15:01   #3
God Member

Stats at HT suggest we're well on top. Wish i knew for sure.
Old 23-04-2022, 15:24   #4
God Member

The Bishop makes a move ,(and a dam good one as well). 2-0
Old 23-04-2022, 15:27   #5
God Member

Oh %$#$@%%$...Toby again.
Old 23-04-2022, 15:33   #6
Senior Member+

I’m with you KJ …. fingers firmly crossed for Liam for the last 20 minutes
Old 23-04-2022, 15:57   #7
God Member

oooooooo. 2-1.. hold on guys...
Old 23-04-2022, 16:06   #8
God Member

We did...Onya STANLEY. Great Sunday coming up.
Old 23-04-2022, 16:50   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

we defo need a keeper with experience what toby did was ludicrous i thought. he could have kicked it away.
Old 23-04-2022, 17:33   #10
God Member

Thought in the conditions we played very well upto Savin misjudging the wind and getting a red we never looked like conceding, nice balance in midfield with young Coyle along side the excellent Hamilton Nolan give the side a natural left sided balance unfortunately had to make way for Isherwood to come on, Coley already building for next season talking to a player this evening that's a target right results on the final day could see us finish in the top half which with our away form this season would be some achievement. See everyone next season have a great summer after next Saturday of course.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2022, 17:39   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Better late than never, and I guess everyone will be at the game except us outside the region. C'MON STANLEY !
Well, you have been told time and time again K.J., but, I suppose every dog has its day

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2022, 18:55   #12
Senior Member+

I think it's been an underwhelming season overall. Promised so much but fell short so very often. If anything, it's been very frustrating. I love Colby but he's not scored enough, equally Prichard has spent so long injured, I'm just hoping that next season we'll see what he really can do.
However, it's also been a correspondingly successful season. Hamilton is a star in the making, as is Jay Noah Baghuelou and Tommy Leigh. Butcher, Skyes, Pell and Nottingham all deserve a special mention, as does Savin. Coyle will be a major asset in the next season, as long as we build on what we've got.

There are some good prospects in the wings, Woods and Adedoyin to name but two.

In addition we have Coley and Jimmy, who despite their failings they still put in the performances year after year. Added to that the back room staff who continuously come up with the goods, that just compounds the critics.

I don't want to bleat on about the obvious, but we aren't a big money team. But we have the makings of a very good team next season. Let's hope we keep them together and build on what we've got.
MikeA, cashman and Taypot like this.
Old 23-04-2022, 19:03   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I do not think its been underwhelming this season when you consider the much bigger teams than us in the league, many of the top teams where much higher than us, nottingham for me is player of the season when you consider he aint been fully fit for the last month also. have to say i agree with the rest of yer post tin monkey.
Old 23-04-2022, 19:36   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I think it's been an underwhelming season overall. Promised so much but fell short so very often. If anything, it's been very frustrating. I love Colby but he's not scored enough, equally Prichard has spent so long injured, I'm just hoping that next season we'll see what he really can do.
However, it's also been a correspondingly successful season. Hamilton is a star in the making, as is Jay Noah Baghuelou and Tommy Leigh. Butcher, Skyes, Pell and Nottingham all deserve a special mention, as does Savin. Coyle will be a major asset in the next season, as long as we build on what we've got.

There are some good prospects in the wings, Woods and Adedoyin to name but two.

In addition we have Coley and Jimmy, who despite their failings they still put in the performances year after year. Added to that the back room staff who continuously come up with the goods, that just compounds the critics.

I don't want to bleat on about the obvious, but we aren't a big money team. But we have the makings of a very good team next season. Let's hope we keep them together and build on what we've got.
Agree with you mate - said the same recently....

Just hope that next season is the season this season should have been........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2022, 20:34   #15
Senior Member+

It was really great to finish at The Wham stadium with a victory over Lincoln City today.
It was a deserved victory too because Stanley were always on top of their opponents. The very strong, varied North Easterly wind was a problem for both teams but Stanley seemed to cope with it quite well. Both Nolan’s corners and Leigh’s long throw ins were delivered at exactly the ideal trajectory to ‘cut’ under the wind and caused our opponents real problems throughout the match. From the Clayton End it was difficult to tell what happened for our first goal but I did spot that Leigh go in a good header in the build up.
Half time came with Stanley deserving their one goal lead. Playing up towards the Clayton End the fans were hungry for more goals. The second goal came as the result of a great shot by my MOM Ethan Hamilton, whose shot could only be parried by the Lincoln keeper and Colby followed up as every good centre forward should for the tap in.
We were looking comfortable when a Lincoln ball through the middle of our defence drew Savin out to the edge of the penalty box but the wind held the ball up and he handled it outside of the eighteen yard line! young Isherwood came on and got a very important touch to clear the free kick! Isherwood also did another good save in the closing minutes!
In the end Stanley fully deserved the win.
The Clayton End were all singing, “ On the pitch, on the pitch!”, as the match came to a close but I am glad that the stewards placed themselves effectively to prevent it.
Our new pitch has had a lot of money spent on it by Andy Holt and it has been absolutely superb this season. It would have been silly to have all and sundry charging about all over it.
Good win.
Let’s hope that we can win next week to against old rivals Wimbledon!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..