Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2015, 20:16   #16
I am Banned

Re: The Wimbledon Match Thread.

Why take off a defender and attacker n out 2 midfielders on! Where's the flamin logic in that!!! Hasn't he learned anything from Exeter game, the so called messiah is costing us points with his stupid flipping substitutions
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2015, 20:56   #17
Senior Member+

FA19 !!...what DID go wrong ??...I'm on tenterhooks here !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 21:08   #18

Kicked off 2nd half and it was all in our half, they then scored and that was it all we could do was hoof it up front only for them to win every header. Went close with a free kick right at the death but that was it. Got to say their finishing was pretty good though.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 21:09   #19

First half we passed it around nicely at times kee, mingola and mcconville doing well as well as there goals Second half we created very little with to much long ball for my liking. The defenders who have come in seem to only half clear the ball and have not as good a distribution compared to Davies. At least next game is only Saturday to get it out of our system.
AccyMad likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 21:19   #20

We were struggling in midfield without Crooksy - Josh cannot play that position.

Coley corrected the formation mistake at half time but by then Deano had to come off injured -think that was the straw that broke the camels back in terms of the defence - no way we'd have lost with Davies Deano Pearson and Bucko at the back.
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 21:20   #21
Resting in Peace

Crazy game. We did our usual trick when Coley starts bigging us up in the media and missed a golden chance to consolidate some great performances with a surrender at home. Criminal to give up a 2 goal lead, but make no mistake, we got what we deserved. In the face of the Don's pace and deadly finishing we went to pieces and could barely string two passes together. Defence all at sea after the enforced changes but we weren't at the races in the second half. Good to see McConville's fine finish plus Billy hitting the net again but there was not much else to enthuse an improved crowd, many of who will probably go missing on Saturday. Halliday impressed me though, going forward at least, and did OK in defence. Pearson had a stinker and looks uncomfortable at left back. We badly need Davies back.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 21:20   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Why did we start with a right back playing left back? ridiculous, assuming dino was injured then 2 ridiculous substitutions at half time, Bruna is never a full back, the other sub was proccy, who himself got substituted ridiculous again, The tactics ive witnessed better on playing fields with kids. 3 pts given away, imho.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 20-10-2015, 21:22   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Why take off a defender and attacker n out 2 midfielders on! Where's the flamin logic in that!!! Hasn't he learned anything from Exeter game, the so called messiah is costing us points with his stupid flipping substitutions
Well Winnard was injured due to the off the ball stamp that the ref did,nt see Gornell to me was way off the pace Windass can,t play the deep midfield role add that to a completly decimated excellent back 4 and I think we did well to stay in the game with only 1 goal in it, they exploited our weaknesses and were faster to the second ball and I think shaded it on the night not too worried when we can score 3with all that happening we,ll be alright I,m sure with all our players back and fit.
SamF likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 21:33   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Well Winnard was injured due to the off the ball stamp that the ref did,nt see Gornell to me was way off the pace Windass can,t play the deep midfield role add that to a completly decimated excellent back 4 and I think we did well to stay in the game with only 1 goal in it, they exploited our weaknesses and were faster to the second ball and I think shaded it on the night not too worried when we can score 3with all that happening we,ll be alright I,m sure with all our players back and fit.
So we don't have anymore defenders or strikers?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 21:41   #25
Senior Member+

We started off like an express train 2-0 up after 10 minutes. What happened in the next 80 is beyond comprehension. We could and should have won that game easily yet we went to sleep and weren't at the races. Once again some strange substitutions. And once again Radio Lancs is at our game. Please don't come again. 5hat is 2 in a row we have lost when they are there!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 21:42   #26
Full Member+

Sadly we don't have the quality in reserve. we started off lively two goals up 10 mins. This is it I thought. but it went downhill rapid from there on in. we were out classed. they were good for the win. we deserved nothing. every player had a bad night including the reliables. we can't stand any more losses like this. I just hope some of the injured are back sooner than later.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 21:48   #27
Senior Member+

Oh dear !!,I thought there would be goals,but I thought we made a big mistake playing 4-4-2.
Good player josh but he's not a centre mid as tackling and heading are his strongest parts of his game.
We went two up and I don't think he touched the ball,
We knew how they would play and we had to defend the second balls,that's why two holding mids would be key.
I suspect we went that way to play Terry and it seemed to be working be we went more and more direct which isn't our game.
I know coley swapped it at half time and took terry off to revert back to our 4-2-3-1,
Three of our back four had never really experienced big Akinfenwa and his mate ,but they will know all about him now.
He's always caused us problems and you don't give cheap free kicks/corners/throws away.
They basically bullied us and a few lads went in their shells which was disappointing.
We are a better team than we shown tonight,but the formation and tactics played into their hands.
It won't be easy on Saturday either KTF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 21:49   #28
Senior Member+

Very frustrated after tonight. The disruption to our early season excellent back four cost us tonight and showed up frailties in our squad. After a super start with two goals from Billy I thought that we would go on to get an easy victory. The ref did well in trying to play advantage but allowed Akinfenwa to get it away with even more of his usual pushing before the ball arrived anywhere near him!
We let them back into the game by taking our foot off the gas and gifting them a soft first goal. This gave The Dons the impetus to take the game to us and without Crooks in midfield they began to overun us. They started to play some really slick ,quick attacking football which we could not deal with and they equalised deservedly.
When we got the third goal with a great lay off from Terry for Sean to finish expertly I thought that we had weathered their storm. However, the enforced substitution of Deano at half time really affected our balance and shape. Pearson did not seem happy playing at the left centre back position and I don't think he made a proper pass after half time! Bruna was brought on at left back where he is inexperienced and he was under the cosh from the start of the second half. Was Terry injured or was the substitution 'tactical'? Procky did not get with the pace of the game at all. They continued to play a high paced flowing style of football and in the end they fully deserved the victory. The new lad Halliday did ok and played quite well in the second half when the rest of our boys were 'drowning' under the pressure!
Taylor was a real handful, how I wish we had a player like him!
Coley will learn from this I am sure and to his credit on Radio Lancashire he wasn't making any excuses regarding the injuries to key defenders! I will though!
We have now lost four of our five first choice players form the solid defence of earlier in the season. I hope that we can get Deano fit for saturday or else I fear we will have another match under extreme defensive pressure!
KEEP THE FAITH
ON STANLEY ON
Chrisr likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 21:50   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Your diplomatic mate, the tactics were bloody abysmal.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 20-10-2015, 21:56   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Sadly we don't have the quality in reserve. we started off lively two goals up 10 mins. This is it I thought. but it went downhill rapid from there on in. we were out classed. they were good for the win. we deserved nothing. every player had a bad night including the reliables. we can't stand any more losses like this. I just hope some of the injured are back sooner than later.
I disagree we do have a quality bench and some good young lads but any side that loses 3 of it,s back 4 would struggle plus no Crooks,y who,s been immense and we still score 3 and but for a good tip over the bar at the death well, alright we did,nt play as well as we have been doing but compared to some previous seasons we kept going till the death I for one think we,ve a good side here and if we keep behind them plus the injured lads back we won,t be far from the top.
baldy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..