Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2015, 09:28   #46
God Member

Re: The Wimbledon Match Thread.

Sat behind me the up field long ball tactical genius,s were quiet at 2-0 up then at 2-2 came the usual can,t pass useless get it up field came alive at 3-4 down they seem to find their full vocabulary I wonder do they really like us to win or do they just prefer moaning and these are people who have been watching for a long while but their knowledge of the beautiful game is nil.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2015, 09:40   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to disagree mate, to me it avoided the issue completely of wrong tactics,
if we played the game again would the tactics be the same. think not.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 10:13   #48
God Member

With the absence of Mr.Crooks' last night I did wonder whether Mr.Barry might get a start last night. He had quite a good game last season at Wimbledon. Probably wouldn't have made much difference, but at least he wants to play midfield.
What price a genuine left back in League 2?
But there are no bad teams or easy games. Even Crawley, who looked awful when Stanley tupped them, beat Luton on Saturday. The Daggers will be equally tough.
Certainly the case that, whenever Professor Coleman goes on the fishy site to exhort more people to come and watch Stanley, they seem to lose.
Onwards and onwards.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 10:18   #49
Senior Member+

Our first two goals had nothing to do with our set up and were from freekicks.
Coleys wise enough to know you have to defend second balls against them and we didn't.
Didn't their centre mid score two,along with big Akis strike partner?.
The other disappointing one was we struggled to consistently hold an high-line,playing into their hands.
Coley changing things at halftime (and we weren't losing),suggests he realised our set up wasn't right for a team like Wimbledon
Positives,Sean with a goal and two assists.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 10:32   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

A free kick may never have occured if we hadn't given em the ball deep in with that foul throw?
Old 21-10-2015, 10:53   #51
Resting in Peace

Come on Cashy, don't be like your nemesis the PM at Wednesday's questions. How about answering Baldy's question
baldy and Red-Osbornello like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 11:06   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Come on Cashy, don't be like your nemesis the PM at Wednesday's questions. How about answering Baldy's question
To be fair to Cashy , without agreeing with him about JC and wishing he'd change the record occasionally , he's not paid to answer those questions - he pays to watch so is entitled to ask them ....
Old 21-10-2015, 11:22   #53
God Member

Quote:
The saddest sight of the night for me was to see our sub subbed. When you compare Proccy's agricultural toiling in midfield with Crookes's newly acquired skills it makes you wonder if Andy has a future at this level any more. He looked like yesterday's man I'm sorry to say.
I,m sorry but I have to agree with you on this one Redraine sadly Procky who as been fantastic for Stanley looks like he,s coming to the end of his tenure with us hope I,m proved wrong wether Barry would have done any better on the night is anybody,s guess, just wondering if JC and JB where having one last look at Procky in a game senerio and have to make a hard decision on Procky,s future.
baldy likes this.
Old 21-10-2015, 12:32   #54
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I disagree we do have a quality bench and some good young lads but any side that loses 3 of it,s back 4 would struggle plus no Crooks,y who,s been immense and we still score 3 and but for a good tip over the bar at the death well, alright we did,nt play as well as we have been doing but compared to some previous seasons we kept going till the death I for one think we,ve a good side here and if we keep behind them plus the injured lads back we won,t be far from the top.
Sorry Andy, There can be no excuse for such a loss. Players have to be able to play out of position if needs be. We do have a great squad when fit. but we should be able to slot players in as needed. The manager accepts the blame for the tactics the players have to accept their share of the blame. There were one or two postives, the on loan Halliday was a good addition who was breath taking going forward. Bruna got a run out. although he struggled at left back, His free kick at the end was brilliant, He should play an attacking role more often, He is a little ring rusty but prolific when given a decent run out.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 12:51   #55
Senior Member+

I thought up and till half time it was end to end exciting football but from the start of 2nd half the Wombles looked dominate, a superb goal & performance from Lyle Taylor settled the game, on the night we lost to a better team
AccyMad likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 13:08   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Sorry Andy, There can be no excuse for such a loss. Players have to be able to play out of position if needs be. We do have a great squad when fit. but we should be able to slot players in as needed. The manager accepts the blame for the tactics the players have to accept their share of the blame. There were one or two postives, the on loan Halliday was a good addition who was breath taking going forward. Bruna got a run out. although he struggled at left back, His free kick at the end was brilliant, He should play an attacking role more often, He is a little ring rusty but prolific when given a decent run out.
It,s not excuses after playing and watching the game for 52 years football is about quality,experience,bit of luck and if your near the top of any table most teams play with a settled side uninterupted by injuries and suspensions, what I,m saying but for a well executed good brilliant turn and finishing by Tyler which was good enough to win any game we would have had a point with all the changes. When we get well beaten I,m the first to hold my hands up and say well done, but last night I thought we did just enough for a draw.
Old 21-10-2015, 15:50   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I thought up and till half time it was end to end exciting football but from the start of 2nd half the Wombles looked dominate, a superb goal & performance from Lyle Taylor settled the game, on the night we lost to a better team
Completely agree, didn't make the result any easier to take though - neither did that golden nugget 'good game for a neutral' which has been quoted at me about half a dozen times today - of course I nodded but inside was screaming 'maybe so but I'm not a b****y neutral
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 16:14   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Out of curiosity, What would your team and tactics have been?
Quote:
Quote:
Why did we start with a right back playing left back? ridiculous, assuming dino was injured then 2 ridiculous substitutions at half time, Bruna is never a full back, the other sub was proccy, who himself got substituted ridiculous again, The tactics ive witnessed better on playing fields with kids. 3 pts given away, imho.
Play people in a position thats not alien to em, or thought you may have understood that fact redraine? never expected baldy to, simple is far too technical fer him. and as i had already stated it, i'm beginning to wonder.The man you said respect about, completely avoided that issue, choosing instead to blame the players, every team will be weaker with 3/4 key players missing, fact, weaken the team even more by playing people outa position, is that so difficult to grasp?
Old 21-10-2015, 16:40   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Play people in a position thats not alien to em, or thought you may have understood that fact redraine? never expected baldy to, simple is far too technical fer him. and as i had already stated it, i'm beginning to wonder.The man you said respect about, completely avoided that issue, choosing instead to blame the players, every team will be weaker with 3/4 key players missing, fact, weaken the team even more by playing people outa position, is that so difficult to grasp?
So are you going to answer the question I asked or dodge it like you said the "Football Genius" has?
Old 21-10-2015, 17:41   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No, it's not difficult to grasp and I do understand your point of view, but under the circumstances Coley found himself in with injuries/illness before kick off, exactly what team would you have picked, position wise? I , for one, was pleasantly surprised that we went 2 up front at home for a change and it seemed to work for a while until Coley changed things around.
baldy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..