Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2015, 18:20   #76
Senior Member+

Re: The Wimbledon Match Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Don't wish to intrude on the coaching session, but have just watched the goals and the one thing that amazed me was how 'bright' it was. Have they put some 100 watt bulbs in the floodlights, or were they using night-vision cameras?
Yes!
I noticed that too Exile!
A pity our play and tactics were not as bright on the night!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2015, 18:48   #77
Senior Member+

Re: The Wimbledon Match Thread.

Very interesting reading all the theories about tactics and how management are trying to cope, or failing to cope, with the injuries and substitution situations!

I think that I would be correct in saying, that with a fully fit squad, Coley and Jimmy's first choice back four would be;

Pearson Davies Deano Bucko

On Tuesday we started with only two of these;
Deano at right centre back and Pearson at left back.
So we only had one of the preferred back four playing in their normal position.
When Deano had to stay in the dressing room after half time we had to move Pearson to left centre back and try Bruna at left back......
So we had NONE of the preferred back four playing in their best position!
As I said in an earlier reply, Pearson did not seem comfortable in this position but that is not meant as a slight on his ability....he has done really well for us this season! From half time onwards he was obviously aware of the limitations in Bruna's experience at left back and was under extra pressure too as our midfield defended too deep in the second half. The pressure laid heavily on him and, for an inexperienced league player, he was more or less having to play a 'Captains role' at the back and in addition his own clearances were not up to his usual standard and added to the pressure.......re long throw ins etc! Just remember guys that Matt Pearson has only just come into the football league from non league!
Matt was the only one of four of our preferred back four in the second half so we were obviously going to struggle!
Give credit here to the Dons manager and players. They spotted our weaknesses and like good professionals they did a 'job' on us in the second half and won the game fair and square.
I don't think that Coley and Jimmy's tactics actually had too much to do with the result from half time onwards and I think that some of you guys are reading too much into the tactics etc!
What we need is a bit of good fortune at the moment in getting our back four fit ASAP so that we can restore the solid base at the back on which our early season form was based.
Here's hoping we have some fit defenders back on Saturday!
ON STANLEY ON

Last edited by choirboy; 23-10-2015 at 18:51.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..