Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2010, 08:16   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Ticket News -V- Fulham!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I was pointing out that it's not the FA that set the prices

I'm sure all Stanley fans will pay it, but as has been pointed out Stanley rely on neutrals to boost the gate. My daughter is a Burnley season ticket holder but goes to nearly all Stanley home games using her own spending money. Her spending money normally covers her admission price, she has now been priced out for Saturday. I can understand the club wanting to capitalise on the game, not sure though that Fulham are big enough opposition to make people shell out that bit more. I hope I'm wrong.
Most of the great Accrington public wouldn't pay 20 quid to watch Barcelona. It won't put off proper football supporters from the surrounding areas though!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2010, 08:16   #32
God Member

Blimey i was shocked and now will effect my attendance on sat now, cheers for ruining my chances . Its ok if u can afford it, certainly as its getting 2 matches a week! Young die hards wont bother as stated but for a lot of us its a little steep and WILL effect the gate potential full house lost.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 08:19   #33
God Member

I dont support over priced primadonna's, i support my local team thats reasonably priced usually.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 20-01-2010, 08:23   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
It won't put off proper football supporters from the surrounding areas though!
If that was the case why don't 5,000 people turn out every home game at nearly half the price
Old 20-01-2010, 08:28   #35
Senior Member+

Re: officially the most expensive game at stanley

they took 16 to everton 2 seasons ago for a saturday midday game on sky.

hoepfully no tv coverage might see them fill their end.

It appears they expect to fill it
Accrington Stanley v Fulham tickets

Season Ticket Holders On sale
Fulham Club Members Remaining tickets, if any - 22 Jan

I havent got a problem with the price. Its a one off. Cant wait.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 08:31   #36
God Member

Merged 2 threads of same topic together to save space for new topics

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 20-01-2010, 08:31   #37
Senior Member+

Wow this has caused a massive reaction. Personally, I will pay the £20 to see my team in the 4th round (assuming I can get off work). But I can also see the other side of the coin. My own view is that we will get the diehards (1200) plus quite a few add ons from Blackburn and Burnley and surrounding districts. And don't forget the extra costs from things like Policing the game, extra stewards, coz I am sure Mick is going to need them. Also, Fulham fans have stated on this board and their own that tickets for them are going fast and they will be bringing 1200 approximately. I think we all need to stop looking through rose coloured specs and realise, this match is against the big boys (9th in the Premiership) not some little backwater team from Surrey.

Just noticed with merged threads that Fulham are charging £10 for over 65's and concessions, wonder if Stanley will do the same? Might just ease the pain for some of our supporters.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 20-01-2010 at 08:33.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 08:33   #38
Senior Member+

Its a one off.
Enjoy
£20 to see us take fulham to a replay. priceless.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 08:35   #39

i aggree if they kept the price at 15 they would fill the ground to capacity but being GREEDY again not knowing the people of accrington trying to get that extra 5 er will see 1-2k not comee to the ground if they do the maths they must see this .....or as usual the people running the club think weve drawn a premiership club (whos travelling fans may top 150) so we can charge more

GET A GRIP MANAGEMENT TAKE A LOOK AT ACCRINGTON AND USE YOUR LITTLE BRAINS AND SEE WHAT YOUR DEALING WITH . YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO GET GREEDY
Tickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 08:39   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
And don't forget the extra costs from things like Policing the game, extra stewards, coz I am sure Mick is going to need them. .
Not forgetting the Fulham hotel bill, won't be a travelodge and the entourage for Premier league clubs is probably twice the size of Stanleys squad
Old 20-01-2010, 08:44   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If that was the case why don't 5,000 people turn out every home game at nearly half the price
Come off it - it's a massive, one off, once in a lifetime David v. Goliath affair with all the magic of the F.A.cup. I know your Premiership sophisticates often play weakened teams but that doesn't make the gap any less huge. Even if we manage to pull off an unlikely upset I expect our next home league gate will be back to around normal, but this is something special and the atmosphere should be terrific.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 08:45   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickler View Post
i aggree if they kept the price at 15 they would fill the ground to capacity but being GREEDY again not knowing the people of accrington trying to get that extra 5 er will see 1-2k not comee to the ground if they do the maths they must see this .....or as usual the people running the club think weve drawn a premiership club (whos travelling fans may top 150) so we can charge more
Good point, it may be a fiver but that extra fiver can be hard to find, January is the worst month for businesses & retailers as it is as people are catching up with their finances, its nortorously slow month, funny how football is a niave business. They know the majority of die hards will pay owt & rely on taking the pee out of it but as point above, they are cutting off potential to bring more in, whom may continue to follow us in other matches - lost chance to promote coming to stanley as value for money, but have taken the chance of making money out of one match only & losing foresight of possible interest thereafter thro the rest of the season. Im not supporting a premier team im supporting stanley & why increase the gate just for them???

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 20-01-2010 at 09:05.
Old 20-01-2010, 08:47   #43
God Member

Quote:
Come off it - it's a massive, one off, once in a lifetime David v. Goliath affair with all the magic of the F.A.cup. I know your Premiership sophisticates often play weakened teams but that doesn't make the gap any less huge. Even if we manage to pull off an unlikely upset I expect our next home league gate will be back to around normal, but this is something special and the atmosphere should be terrific.

Its a massive one off - so why rip the game off then?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 20-01-2010, 08:52   #44

I dont know why they didnt go the full hog and charge £35 with the attitude displayed, with the opposition being a "premiership team". For most it is the magic of the fa cup and stanley being in the 4th round not playing Fulham FC. Would the pricing of been the same if we had drawn brighton or notts county ?
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 09:00   #45
God Member

Quote:
Come off it - it's a massive, one off, once in a lifetime David v. Goliath affair with all the magic of the F.A.cup.
You would hope it's not a once in a lifetime match, but as a die hard Stanley fan I can understand your views. I hope they sell out

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..