Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2010, 09:03   #46
God Member

Re: Ticket News -V- Fulham!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickler View Post
i aggree if they kept the price at 15 they would fill the ground to capacity but being GREEDY again not knowing the people of accrington trying to get that extra 5 er will see 1-2k not comee to the ground if they do the maths they must see this .....or as usual the people running the club think weve drawn a premiership club (whos travelling fans may top 150) so we can charge more

GET A GRIP MANAGEMENT TAKE A LOOK AT ACCRINGTON AND USE YOUR LITTLE BRAINS AND SEE WHAT YOUR DEALING WITH . YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO GET GREEDY

Although I don't agree with the pricing I think thats a bit OTT
Old 20-01-2010, 09:10   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
I dont know why they didnt go the full hog and charge £35 with the attitude displayed, with the opposition being a "premiership team". For most it is the magic of the fa cup and stanley being in the 4th round not playing Fulham FC.
Why not it may make up the shortfall lost & young die hards can afford it

Anyways seeing the bigger picture, it maybe a big game, but losing to fulham [rose tinted specs off] or watching stanley progress to the play offs.......better potential i'll worry about the league instead

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 09:22   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You would hope it's not a once in a lifetime match, but as a die hard Stanley fan I can understand your views. I hope they sell out
It's once in a lifetime, cos in future we'll be that much nearer to the Prem!!
Th'Observer should be bigging this match up on the front page on Friday, but will they?......... will they eckerslike!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 09:22   #49
Resting In Peace

Is it an all ticket match or can you pay on the day ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 09:23   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Is it an all ticket match or can you pay on the day ?
I would imagine you can buy tickets at the ground on Saturday?
Old 20-01-2010, 09:24   #51

The league is the bread and butter. It just seems the club always seems to slit its own throat or bite its nose off to spite its face. ill stop whining now.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 09:28   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
It's once in a lifetime, cos in future we'll be that much nearer to the Prem!!
Th'Observer should be bigging this match up on the front page on Friday, but will they?......... will they eckerslike!
When you get Chelsea away in the next round you'll be telling me thats a once in a lifetime too ( and wait till you see the prices for that )
Old 20-01-2010, 09:29   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
The league is the bread and butter. It just seems the club always seems to slit its own throat or bite its nose off to spite its face. ill stop whining now.
Good - can't believe the whingeing on here.
Old 20-01-2010, 09:37   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Good - can't believe the whingeing on here.
i thin redraine that stanleys object is/should be to attract the local public "Back" to the crown, people who come regular are the lifeblood of any club, small or not. i shall be there end of, but cannot see £20 attracting any new regulars.
Old 20-01-2010, 09:50   #55
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Home fans will have the choice of Main Stand seating, Sophia Khan Stand seating or Sophia Khan Stand terracing. Visiting supporters will be accomodated in the Coppice Terrace behind the goal.
Is the Whinney Hill stand closed ? If it is then our capacity will be down to about 4000.
Old 20-01-2010, 09:59   #56

this is a golden oportunity to get fans to the ground and if the management had any marketing experience at all they would use this oportunity to get bigger gates in the next round like some options... buy a ticket for the fulham game and get the next league game half price and then you could have increased the amount alittle you would have the cash in the bank then .... or maybe offer a draw to win a season ticket (s) for the rest of the season if you come to the fulham game and pay say £17... there are lots of options to increase the crowd but no one at the ground has any sort of marjketing experience (or don't use it if they have) to see the opotunity of a bigger gate and put offers together for future games come on stanley management you think your running a club its the one of the biggest names in football use it to promote the club put the club back on the map. "Beleive in what your selling or you will never sell any thing"
Tickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 10:22   #57
Junior Member+

Just a quick note to all Stanley fans ... well done on last night & Fulham have already sold over half allocated tickets (available so to STH only) in less than 24 hours, the rest are over subscribed & will be snapped up well before they go on general sale. We will without a doubt be bringing a full allocation. 15-200 fans to places like Blackburn on days other than Saturday are one thing (especially with the outlay we've had going to European matches both home & away - we took a huge following to Switzerland for the Basle match) - and quite frankly Blackburn/Burnley away in the league is a pretty dull proposition. Accrington Stanley away in the cup however is MUCH more appealing & we'll be there in force ... some non season ticket holders are already seeing if they can get a ticket in home areas!!
Maidenhead White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 10:22   #58
Resting In Peace

The prices charged have to be agreed between both parties (Stanley and Fulham) and if Fulham want the prices to be £20 and £10 then so be it. So don't just blame Stanley, it is not just Stanley's decision. They cannot just do what they want. The gate money is split so I would imagine that Stanley and Fulham both want to get as much as they can from the gate.
Old 20-01-2010, 10:24   #59
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Season ticket holders will be able to purchase up to two tickets and will be asked to produce voucher A for these tickets when they collect them.
It has now been changed on the fishy site to voucher B
Old 20-01-2010, 10:26   #60
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
The prices charged have to be agreed between both parties (Stanley and Fulham) and if Fulham want the prices to be £20 and £10 then so be it. So don't just blame Stanley, it is not just Stanley's decision. They cannot just do what they want. The gate money is split so I would imagine that Stanley and Fulham both want to get as much as they can from the gate.
When we reached the FA Cup semi final 6 or 7 years ago we played York City in the (I think) 5th round - and they were struggling financially at the time. I know back then that Mo Al Fayed donated our share of the gate receipts to the home side ... so maybe if your chairman is nice to hinm on Saturday he might consider doing the same!
Maidenhead White is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..