Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2010, 11:47   #76

Re: Ticket News -V- Fulham!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
£20 or not, it looks like I might be having trouble even getting a ticket with the latest decree that it's cash only and season ticket holders have to pick up tickets before Thursday. How's someone supposed to do that if he's at work and lives five hours away from Accie?
I live in West Yorks and told 'em I couldn't get over before Saturday - gave 'em my season ticket numbers, paid by card and told 'em I'd pick the tickets up by 1300. Natalie dealt with me - most helpful.
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2010, 11:55   #77

Judging by how many games Ilyas gets to he is probably paying 20 a game this season. By 20 I mean £20,000. If you want Stanley to survive and prosper you have to pay for it and when an oppertunity comes along to help the club along you have to take it.

The truth is the £13 is heavily subsidised every game as the true cost by dividing the cost of running the club by each spectator interest would I suspect make the price about £25.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 11:58   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post
Judging by how many games Ilyas gets to he is probably paying 20 a game this season. By 20 I mean £20,000. If you want Stanley to survive and prosper you have to pay for it and when an oppertunity comes along to help the club along you have to take it.

The truth is the £13 is heavily subsidised every game as the true cost by dividing the cost of running the club by each spectator interest would I suspect make the price about £25.
That's where the off field side of thing's should kick in especially for a high profile fixture

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 12:08   #79

Agree to some extent but we only get one high profile game every few years.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 12:10   #80

Re: officially the most expensive game at stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I suppose the club have to maximise the take from Fulham's seemingly guaranteed 1200 supporters. Anyway, what the heck difference is the extra on our usual prices? A couple of quid for concessions, max of 7 quid for seniors? Bloody hell its less than a round of drinks for a fantastic occasion! The Crown should be bursting at the seams!
400% compared to the normal student prices =/ It's going to cost more going to Leeds and the Fulham games than it cost for my season ticket.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 12:26   #81
God Member

Unfortunately i wont be there just cant do it this time, and do agree with the principle of ticklers post without digs at management at all difficult one for them i suppose. Fa cup is for the little teams to show their worth but at cost to supporters, i struggle enough with the league fixtures, so as per usual my boss can expect me at work saturday

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 12:36   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
short & sweet
at £20
not many neutrals will turn up
a few of the faitful stanley fans will stay away just simply because of the price given the number of games coming up

it is history in the making
Fulham will hopefully sell out their allocation

I will pay the price but I have every sympathy for those that won't, maybe quite a few missed chances here to regain the lost generations and encourage them back?

Short space of time to plan is probably the most crucial point to make for the Club but is it:

glass half empty or glass half full?

Absolutelty, thats what i dont understand, fiver less & a full house - looks great and herald a better atmosphere, call it a thank u for the sos support given during that real hard time which could open up for those that gave & wanna try us out on a big day for stanley

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 20-01-2010, 12:44   #83
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Absolutelty, thats what i dont understand, fiver less & a full house - looks great and herald a better atmosphere, call it a thank u for the sos support given during that real hard time which could open up for those that gave & wanna try us out on a big day for stanley
Do you think that Fulham would agree to that price. Why can't you get it into your head - IT'S NOT JUST STANLEY'S DECISION.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 12:46   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Do you think that Fulham would agree to that price. Why can't you get it into your head - IT'S NOT JUST STANLEY'S DECISION.
Fine glad fulham are happy!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 20-01-2010, 12:50   #85

stanley mad - I will miss you on saturday.

and you know what - I really agree with you about the possible effect of a £15 vs £20, but as I said above, I really and honestly can say that the club went through a lot of thought before getting to £20 as the final figure. Its a decision that, next time around, might be different, but for now, I would encourage you all to avoid thinking that we somehow tried to get a better price in order to benefit from the gate and the game.Its simply not true.

I probably dont need to say this, but stanley, right now, is not a business, and whilst saturday is going to be great for many many reasons, the club requires large scale hand outs to remain viable. At the end of this season the many changes to the club infrastructure etc will have to be managed, and as I think i have said on accy web before, at some point in the coming few years I am really hoping that a combination of the way the club is run, the facilities and the footy on the pitch will mean that we get back to the healthier crowds we all wish for. all of this will require cash, which the club does not have, and wont have just because of saturday's game. What will happen though is that we can bring in the right crowd safety and security, as well as comply with the extra requirements that are incumbent upon us with the generosity that will be shown by those who do pay the extra fiver.

again, stanley mad, I will miss you this weekend

Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 12:51   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
so who gets the "Final" word if one club says £20 n the other says £15, i sure dont know, but imagine it would be the home team.
Old 20-01-2010, 12:51   #87
Resting in Peace

Re: officially the most expensive game at stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
400% compared to the normal student prices =/ It's going to cost more going to Leeds and the Fulham games than it cost for my season ticket.
400% of very little is still not very much! How much extra will this match cost compared to a normal student walk on price?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 12:51   #88
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickler View Post
then come on stanley offer incentives instead of putting prices up albeit if it is out of your hands you could get on the back of it and use any marketing oportunity for the good of the club and fill the ground next week also think of the on top sales shop etc
Why offer inventives to attend the Fulham game ? Don't you think that the team qualifying for the fourth round of the FA Cup for only the fourth time in their history and for the first time in over 50 years is incentive enough to attend the game. As Ilyas has said the expenses for staging the game will be higher with policing costs, extra stewards etc.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 12:58   #89
God Member

Thank you Ilyas

Its not personal to the club i just cant give any more than i already have im sorry, but will have to make do with the fact i'll be there in spirit and that i least got to see gills beaten last nite & be grateful for that, maybe it'll be good luck for the team lol, besides someones got to be here to keep board in order.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 20-01-2010, 13:06   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Why offer inventives to attend the Fulham game ? Don't you think that the team qualifying for the fourth round of the FA Cup for only the fourth time in their history and for the first time in over 50 years is incentive enough to attend the game. As Ilyas has said the expenses for staging the game will be higher with policing costs, extra stewards etc.
Ignore him, Jeff.
He's right though, in that the pricing policy is all wrong! Should cost you much more to jump around on a buzzing terrace than to park your bum on a lousy plastic seat and have pesky stewards harrassing you and blocking the view if you happen to stand up! I bet most supporters of clubs with all seater stadiums would give their right arms to be able to experience the Clayton End atmosphere at their club. But then it wouldn't be the same, would it, without the magnificent Stanley Ultras?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..