Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By Chimer
  • 3 Post By VALAIRIAN
  • 3 Post By Mr T
  • 3 Post By Chimer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2019, 12:31   #1
Senior Member+

Tickets for Pompey - Catch 22

This is principally intended to provide me with supporting evidence if necessary - but it's quite a funny story, once I've stopped banging my head against a wall …

As many of you know, I live in Pompey - my AccyWeb location even says so. Every time we've played at Fratton Park, I've walked down the road a few days before the game and bought away end (well, corner ) tickets for myself and Mrs C from the ticket office. This year, it's the last game of the season, Pompey sold out all but our corner of the Milton End months ago, and all the tickets for our corner are in Accy, to keep out "Blue Army" infiltrators …….

So I ring the club to get my hands on some, but guess what? Because we went to watch England Ladies at Fratton years ago (10-0 v Turkey ) my name's apparently on the Pompey database, which means Stanley can't/won't sell me tickets either . We've talked to Pompey, who are now prepared to tell Stanley if required that I haven't bothered them for the last two years and am obviously not a Pompey fan - Stanley are ringing me back on Monday to discuss ……

Oh, and they can't/won't sell tickets to Mrs C, who we think is on the Stanley database, because they know she's married to me

And I understand exactly why all this is happening and am not blaming anybody - but I'm hoping someone in the offices may see this, note it's coming from the Prediction League scorekeeper with over 2500 posts on here , and ask the ticket office team to be nice to Mr or Mrs Kenyon (there goes anonymity ) on Monday - then we just have to hope Royal Mail do their stuff and get 3 concession tickets to me in time . I don't mind the occasional 500 mile round trip to watch Stanley at the Crown, but just to buy tickets for a game on my doorstep ……. I think not

It will all end up well - I know it will, I'm sure it will, I'm Stanley till I die
KiTChener, Div3North and sherry like this.

Last edited by Chimer; 26-04-2019 at 12:34.
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2019, 12:55   #2
God Member

Question Re: Tickets for Pompey - Catch 22

Anybody know who this chap is

MikeA, AccyMad and sherry like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 13:18   #3
God Member

Re: Tickets for Pompey - Catch 22

Chimer, Hope you get something sorted. Maybe someone from the OASSC could help out?
Depending on how recent was the Turkish ladies game, Portsmouth FC may well be in breach of the GDPR Article 5(1)(e) which requires data to be held “no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data are processed”.
Given the purpose was to buy a ticket for an International game, why has PFC retained your details and erroneously categorised you as a Pompey fan?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 13:40   #4
Full Member+

I can understand your frustration Chimer, my brother lives near Swansea and when he used to come up to watch the Swans versus Rovers and he wanted to sit with friends that he had when he lived up here I had to get the tickets due to Rovers refusing to let him have tickets in the Jack Walker Stand due to his home post code indicating he lived in Wales. Incidentally he got a ticket for the Pompey match from the Wham and said that the girl in the office was very helpful.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 14:29   #5

and theres me with 2 tickets that i cant use!
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 15:20   #6

I hope you get sorted out, could someone buy the tickets for you and meet up with you before the game to hand them over?
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 17:01   #7
Senior Member+

Thanks everyone - I must stress I'm not p'd off with anyone at Accy or Pompey (you never know, I might even want to go to watch a non-Stanley game at Fratton one day), just frustrated at the system's underlying assumption that we only want to go to games for a fight .

That said, if we deprive Pompey of an automatic promotion place via a dodgy last-minute penalty, our gentle stroll home past the Pompey fans' pub might be a bit more edgy than in previous years.

Any road, I do have faith all will be well on Monday and I'll be at the match on Saturday with wife and girlfriend (for the avoidance of doubt, that's the wife's girlfriend ).
Old 26-04-2019, 17:48   #8

One of my spares is allocated but if you end up short i can send the other down with someone
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 18:25   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post

That said, if we deprive Pompey of an automatic promotion place via a dodgy last-minute penalty, our gentle stroll home past the Pompey fans' pub might be a bit more edgy than in previous years.
Give'em a prod with your helmet!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 18:38   #10
Super Moderator

Arrgh !!

PM me with a number and we'll sort

Sorry we've been a pain, but around 200 Pompey supporters are trying to "claim" they are Reds!!
MikeA, cashman and ferret man like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 19:16   #11
Senior Member+

Truly grateful, PM sent.

Fully understand the issue - I blame the Navy for retiring me in Portsmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Arrgh !!

PM me with a number and we'll sort

Sorry we've been a pain, but around 200 Pompey supporters are trying to "claim" they are Reds!!
KiTChener, cashman and Div3North like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..