Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2017, 10:00   #16
God Member

Re: Tickets for West Brom Match

I have a season ticket by the hospitality and against PNE sat and enjoyed banter with PNE fans but attached to my season ticket was a note letting me no for certain " big " games I would be asked to move not a problem as that,s where I choose to sit. I,m confused by the article on the club site as to me it reads like no seat holder has the right to their seat this can,t be right and the club should put people straight.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-08-2017, 15:05   #17
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Got to agree M'lud.
As long as those who need a seat can get one, why all the fuss?
We all know that cup matches are not included in the s/t package & you can't blame the club for trying to maximise profit from hospitality, especially for big games like this.
S/t holders will still be given first dibs on a seat in the stand, surely a little flexibility is not unreasonable in this situation for the good of the club.
I pay exactly the same for my s/t to stand in the Clayton End as those who pay to sit, but I don't complain if I find someone standing in my usual spot on the terrace.
You can blame them when it is still in the club charter this year (with same spelling mistake) which they ignored last year and the great business minds of the club managed not tell out an East Lancs derby for the first time in several generations:

Club Charter 2017/18

HOME CUP COMPETETIONS

Season ticket holders can claim their allocated seat during a priority sales period. After this specified period, any unsold ‘reserved’ seats will be made available to all other home supporters at the discretion of the club.

Also if the game is called off during play you still have to pay again for the second game either half price if called off in first half or full price if called off in second half.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 16:56   #18
Full Member+

I will be there Monday AM to get my ticket. But this sort of organisation reflects badly on the club. It is not rocket science.
monkey hanger likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 23:27   #19
Senior Member+

I have long thought that various aspects of the club's admin smacked of the amateur - Google Page Ranking especially.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 08:38   #20
Senior Member+

When is members sale?
When is general sale?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 08:43   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I will be there Monday AM to get my ticket. But this sort of organisation reflects badly on the club. It is not rocket science.
monday should have been set aside for season ticket holders only to obtain their own seat if they wish. why does the club seem to try and upset regular fans is beyond me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 08:49   #22

Hospitality is all bogus.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 09:07   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
When is members sale?
When is general sale?
So from what I can make out:
Season ticket holders and loyalty card holders can purchase from Monday - standing or seating. Bring season ticket with voucher A or loyalty card to obtain seat tickets.

Everybody else can buy standing tickets from Monday and any remaining seats from Thursday.

Everyone can buy as many tickets as they want.

Think the reason for not getting your own seats is so that season ticket holders can buy tickets for their friends/ family sitting together.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 09:45   #24

Copied from the fishy site:
◦Tickets for Season Ticket holders and Loyalty Card holders will go on sale on Monday 14th August at 10.00am
◦Tickets for Non-Season Ticket holders will go on sale on Thursday 17th August at 10.00am

Call me senile, but why all the confusion from some fans?
So the facts are;
1. S/T holders are being given priority for ticket purchase.
2. S/T ticket holders can purchase as many seats as they want.
3. No s/t holder is being denied a seat in their chosen stand.
4. Most s/t holders should be able to purchase a ticket their normal seat.
5. If '4' does not apply, the nearest available seat will be offered.

Funny how the section of the ground making the most fuss about tickets is the same one that was more than half-empty for all the friendlies & not much better for the PNE cup game.
Bring on a Premiership club & they're all fighting to get in!
Simbo81 likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 09:59   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Copied from the fishy site:
◦Tickets for Season Ticket holders and Loyalty Card holders will go on sale on Monday 14th August at 10.00am
◦Tickets for Non-Season Ticket holders will go on sale on Thursday 17th August at 10.00am

Call me senile, but why all the confusion from some fans?
Ok yer senile It dont say that on fishy read again!! it says Tickets for season ticket holders, loyalty card members,and "All Non season Ticket Holders" will go on sale on Monday 14th August @ 10-00!! if that aint confusing i dont know what is.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 13-08-2017, 11:27   #26
God Member

As I read the Fishy page, the reference to "all non season ticket holders" being able to buy tickets on Monday applies to the Clayton End only, where there is no issue over whose seat you might be in.
The sale arrangements for the other 'stands' (why do we call the areas with seats 'stands'?) appear to be as per Lord Stiffer's post.

Personally, I think anyone who can get a ticket at that price to watch a Premier team play Stanley is b****y lucky. But, heh, without moaning, this web site would be as empty as Stanley's stand at a mid week game (just joking).

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 13-08-2017 at 11:30.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 12:35   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Only being a casual visitor to the Stanley, I must admit to some confusion as an outsider looking in on the convolutions that arise around a cup game. If a season ticket holder pays for their seat they have basically paid for & reserved their position for the season so how can Joe blogs (STH) for seat nr 91 be offered the chance to purchase for a one off event seats 90 & or 92 so he & his mates can sit together? Especially if seats 90 or 92, also belong to a STH who may also wish to bring a friend?

As to hospitality, Stanley aren't exactly going to be swamped with would be admirers regardless who they're playing so why oh why should loyal regulars (STHs) who've paid up front be forced to vacate their position for some "Johnny come lately" who may or may not turn up purely on a one off freebie?

As mentioned, Stanley aren't likely to max out on attendances regardless of the fixture, so wouldn't it be better for a set block of seating of maybe 50-60 seats grouped together probably somewhere within the main stand be designated as "Commercial gizzits for the one offers" be maintained as non-reserved (STH) seats, which can be used as on the day sales for the average games but restricted to "So called vips" on those special occasions when the glory hunters come calling?
Old 13-08-2017, 12:58   #28
God Member

Some good ideas, DiG, but cup games have been, and will be an issue at most clubs for STHS.
As far as I know, it's been a long standing convention that a season ticket gives access to league games only. The only club I'm aware of where the ST also applies to cup games is Arsenal, where, for that privilege, ST prices are just a tad higher than Stanley.
Know what you mean by Johnny-cum-Latelys but, if you look at the Fishy site, those 'interlopers' bring in £50 to £60 for the club.
I suspect the club are trying to accommodate their STHs with the offer to buy as many tickets as needed but, for the reason you raise as regards adjacent seats, this is only bringing its own complications.
As in football, sometimes you just can't win.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 13:21   #29
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Know what you mean by Johnny-cum-Latelys but, if you look at the Fishy site, those 'interlopers' bring in £50 to £60 for the club.
Which is nice, so therefore surely a greater imperative to have a designated block of seats for these benefactors to occupy then, hell, why not make it a block of 100-150 shouldn't be to difficult surely?

As I said, the club wouldn't lose anything as pay on the day bods could still use them for the normal games without imposing on the STH folk & when there's a biggie in the offing, well, a dedicated area is already present & available.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Old 13-08-2017, 14:16   #30
God Member

Makes perfect sense Dave but, much as I love 'em, good sense isn't always first on the agenda at Stanley
I can't see why the arrangements were so complicated, they could've just said season ticket & loyalty card holders for wherever they usually plonk themselves on match days have first dibs on Monday & Tuesday & after that it's a free for all - as Olev would say, simples
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..