Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2017, 18:19   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Tickets for West Brom Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
was pleased to meet Cashy again so it was worth the price for that. .
Agree

If the club wants to fill the ground, an evening with cashman putting the world to rights would be a sell out.
Chrisr likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2017, 18:26   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Agree

If the club wants to fill the ground, an evening with cashman putting the world to rights would be a sell out.
Its all about looking after regulars if at all possible Dav, and it aint doing that,
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-08-2017, 19:07   #48
God Member

I think the issue with unreserved standing tickets for STH is that there is the potential to sell out, thus leaving said STH out in the cold. We're not going to sell out but one of these days we might just surprise ourselves and leave them out in the cold.

I usually try to defend the club where possible but I'm finding it harder and harder to do so when lessons arent being learnt
Old 14-08-2017, 19:16   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Those actually running the club are NOT football people,which would be ok, if they would take on board stuff clubs do for the good of supporters imho
Chrisr likes this.
Old 14-08-2017, 19:22   #50
God Member

I have a season ticket for main stand picked mine and a guest up tonight we have priority as it should be but if a standing season ticket holder I would be a bit annoyed 2 reasons I get a season ticket as I go every game so it works out cheaper + priority in case of a sell out.I. know the club are trying all new avenues to raise gates and income but they need to be careful they don't,lose existing ticket holders by shortsightedness on this issue.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 20:12   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I always stand as yeh well know LordS. but to me the fact its so simple to sort out the seating problem as all clubs i'm aware of do, defies logic to me.in fact the way our club do it could possibly LOSE people, when the main object as far as i'm aware, is to attract more? we certainly are NOT satisfying regular supporters for starters, so no there is no defence at all for that. imho That is nothing at all to do with a shoestring Budget, its common sense.
Cashy, I don't think Stanley are unique with regard to this problem.
Most other clubs adopt exactly the same policy.
No one wants to upset loyal fans, especially those forking out for a season ticket.
The trouble is that some s/t holders feel entitled to their own chosen seat, when they all know that this doesn't apply to cup games.
This situation arises for only maybe 2 or 3 games in a season, with luck!
To compensate for having to move seats, the club have offered s/t holders the chance to buy multiple tickets, so they can still sit with their mates if they wish.
In return, the club get a chance to attract some much needed income & who knows, new fans!
Surely a little flexibility regarding seat allocation is a small price to pay so we can all help safeguard the future viability of our club.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 20:41   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Cashy, I don't think Stanley are unique with regard to this problem.
Most other clubs adopt exactly the same policy.
No one wants to upset loyal fans, especially those forking out for a season ticket.
The trouble is that some s/t holders feel entitled to their own chosen seat, when they all know that this doesn't apply to cup games.
This situation arises for only maybe 2 or 3 games in a season, with luck!
To compensate for having to move seats, the club have offered s/t holders the chance to buy multiple tickets, so they can still sit with their mates if they wish.
In return, the club get a chance to attract some much needed income & who knows, new fans!
Surely a little flexibility regarding seat allocation is a small price to pay so we can all help safeguard the future viability of our club.
Flexibility should be a seating block dedicated pre season for cup games, for those people who wish to bring others to the game, others who aint bringing people should retain their seat, sure not hard to weigh up?
Old 14-08-2017, 22:01   #53

Quote:
Flexibility should be a seating block dedicated pre season for cup games, for those people who wish to bring others to the game, others who aint bringing people should retain their seat, sure not hard to weigh up?
Agree the idea of a dedicated seating block for these occasions sounds like common sense - IN THEORY!
However, in practise it would mean moving existing s/t holders 'en masse' to accommodate a new 50-60 seat area in front of hospitality.
If they begrudge moving their seat for one game, how will they feel when the club tries to appropriate it on a permanent basis?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 07:58   #54
God Member

got mine after dinner yesterday. asked if i could have my normal league game seat but was told no as they were selling them from the centre outwards to accomodate people who were bringing friends to the game. i have bought cup tickets from a couple of other clubs over the years and they always had a plan of the stands infront of them. you could pick a seat apart from the ones that season ticket holders have which were highlighted. then after purchase the seat was crossed off the plan. sounds a little time consuming but it wasn,t. if hartlepool and stockport can manage it so could stanley.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:03   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
... you could pick a seat apart from the ones that season ticket holders have which were highlighted. then after purchase the seat was crossed off the plan.
It does sound simple but what if half the STHs didn't then buy a ticket for their allotted (league) seats? The club could then be blocking off seats that were actually available and probably in better locations than the one(s ) being offered to you.
Just a pity the Whinney Hill stand hasn't been built. Like many, I stand at the Crown as the view/facilities from the existing seats are so poor. But I'd prefer a new stand that gave uninterrupted sight of the pitch and access to more than one toilet.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:47   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It does sound simple but what if half the STHs didn't then buy a ticket for their allotted (league) seats? The club could then be blocking off seats that were actually available and probably in better locations than the one(s ) being offered to you.
Just a pity the Whinney Hill stand hasn't been built. Like many, I stand at the Crown as the view/facilities from the existing seats are so poor. But I'd prefer a new stand that gave uninterrupted sight of the pitch and access to more than one toilet.
Thats easy to sort out!! if a STH dont buy one in the allotted time by phone if living or working away,then the club would be entitled to flog the seat imho.
Old 15-08-2017, 13:07   #57

Quote:
Thats easy to sort out!! if a STH dont buy one in the allotted time by phone if living or working away,then the club would be entitled to flog the seat imho.
Problem with that is if the STH doesn't buy the seat and then the club can't sell it later because the potential purchaser lost interest.

It's such a rare thing, I don't see why people are getting upset. After all, if I can't stand next to you next Tuesday, it won't completely ruin the game for me.
Old 15-08-2017, 13:46   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandzen View Post
Problem with that is if the STH doesn't buy the seat and then the club can't sell it later because the potential purchaser lost interest.

It's such a rare thing, I don't see why people are getting upset. After all, if I can't stand next to you next Tuesday, it won't completely ruin the game for me.
How would a potential purchaser lose interest? STH get a couple of days only? Non STHs dont apply fer tickets at any club until that deadline passes, as far as i know.
Old 15-08-2017, 13:52   #59

Quote:
How would a potential purchaser lose interest? STH get a couple of days only? Non STHs dont apply fer tickets at any club until that deadline passes, as far as i know.

If they're refused once, they may just say s0d it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15-08-2017, 13:59   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandzen View Post
If they're refused once, they may just say s0d it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Balls they dont apply until tickets are on general sale.
mab and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..