Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Chimer
  • 1 Post By VALAIRIAN

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2021, 08:51   #1
God Member

Time Added On.

Enyone else think it was a bit excessive in the second half. After the Euro Championships whee there seemed to be far less played and even none in some first halves of games we are back to 100 minute football. Is this a british thing i wonder. There would no doubt have played a minute extra yesterday in a goaless first half with no injuries.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2021, 08:58   #2
God Member

Re: Time Added On.

I think both were spot on, I called 5 and 4

They had a player down for over 4 minutes in the first half.

Trainer/Physio was on again in second half - cannot remember why - plus subs, plus goal.

I have been a believer for years that we never see enough of the 90 minutes we pay for!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2021, 09:03   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

first half i thought was correct second half to me was a couple mins too long.
Old 15-08-2021, 09:28   #4
Senior Member+

10 seconds is too long, if we're defending a one goal lead .....
Outback Ozzy and cashman like this.
Old 16-08-2021, 08:19   #5
God Member

it was not meant to be just about saturday but added on time in general.
Old 16-08-2021, 10:34   #6
God Member

Question Re: Time Added On.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
it was not meant to be just about saturday but added on time in general.
I still stick with my thoughts MH, of the 90 minutes we pay for, we do not see enough football!

Not sure of the facts/percentages - I will look around and see - but, if it was a pint of ale you were paying for, you would not be happy with your glass

Old 16-08-2021, 10:39   #7
God Member

Question Re: Time Added On.

First thing I stumbled across on Thinternet

**Another change to the game was discussed in 2017, with the plan being to reduce the length of a match to 60 minutes but to stop the clock every time the ball went out of play. The discussion was part of an IFAB proposal entitled 'Play Fair!' and was based on the idea of players time-wasting too much. In most 90 minute matches the ball is in play for less than 60 minutes.**
monkey hanger likes this.

Old 16-08-2021, 11:04   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post

**Another change to the game was discussed in 2017, with the plan being to reduce the length of a match to 60 minutes but to stop the clock every time the ball went out of play. The discussion was part of an IFAB proposal entitled 'Play Fair!' and was based on the idea of players time-wasting too much. In most 90 minute matches the ball is in play for less than 60 minutes.**
That was something I’ve always thought would be a good idea, but I assumed it should be reduced to 80 minutes. Poor players, and officials, would have to be even fitter though if they only now run around for c.60.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2021, 08:18   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post

i,d certainly prefer that approach to the one we have at the moment. the only problem is that we could end up with a two tier football. just cannot see how this can be achieved in grounds without a clock and more especially where most of the games are played, in a local park. know one will have any idea of how long the game as been played and as a recent ex referee you,d be like the speaking clock. its bad enough now.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..