Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2014, 21:18   #16
God Member

Re: Time to fleece the 'U' 's ?..Cambridge Thread !.

Maguire his a quality act still only a young lad as well he was excellant today my man of the match but every Stanley player rated above 7 including Crooks who despite being clearly short of match fitness helped create the first goal but could be a real asset when fit keeps on his feet and clearly is a big strong lad with a good touch.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2014, 22:45   #17
Senior Member+

A great result for the STANLEY today....3 points and a win against a Cambridge team who clearly like to get the ball down and play good football. Our boys had to be patient and got into the game gradually after a strong opening by 'The U's'. Pierro was superb and displays all the traits of a player that every manager could wish for..... EFFORT and ENTHUSIASM, A WILLINGNESS TO HARASS OPPNENTS WHEN DEFENDING, GOOD SKILLS AND BALL CONTROL, CREATIVITY GOING FORWARD AND A WILLINGNESS TO SHOOT WHEN IN SIGHT OF GOAL!
Yes, Pierro deserved his two goals and I think he should have been awarded MAN OF THE MATCH too!! O'Sullivan ran him close for the M o M award in my opinion for his strong attacking runs with pace and he was a leading force in our victory today. I think that O'Sullivan could be playing first team football for the Rovers before the end of the season although I really wish that we could sign him on permanently!
Captain Luke Joyce had a good game too and our defensive back pair of Aldred and Atkinson were like rocks!!!
I thought that McGuire didn't look fully fit today and was somewhat off the pace. I noticed that he was carrying some heavy strapping on his left hamstring. He only really sprinted hard on a couple of occassions and seemed to be a bit limited in what he could do. No doubt that he too, like O'Sullivan, has the class to do great things though. Young Jack Rose is looking the part in goal. At 19 he looks a good bet to play in the Premier League. He is confident and decisive and catches crosses and corners well. When he fully develops his adult physique he will be a real classy keeper!! Crooks up front looks like he has the physique and potential to be a top striker but I think Jimmy Bell will need to get to work on his sharpness. Crooks reminds me of Micheal Symes when he first came to the STANLEY... Micheal looked a bit lethargic and slow to begin with but with the 'Jimmy Bell' training he sharpened up and became a truly great player, albeit briefly, for STANLEY. Matt Crooks could do the same!
The referee was a mystery to me, (not for the first time as we have seen him before). He must have got 40% of the decisions re goal kicks/corners wrong today!
Anyway the right result came true in the end and STANLEY continue in good form to move up the division.
The ULTRAS were strangely quiet today...
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 23:48   #18
Senior Member+

Just one last thought from me on this afternoon's stirring,fascinating
, and most entertaining game. At 2-0 how sad it was to hear a number of the 'get it up t'field'
Brigade in the main stand actually booing the midfield players and defenders when they were
keeping possession with sideways and backwards passing. What do these so called fans want from the team ?
I'm sure that Chubbyman and Mab must have heard this inexcusable treatment of our players and Management and hope that they like us they had something to say about it !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 00:48   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

No excuse at all fer booing the team in my book. even at Carlisle when we were abysmal, end of the match we stood n clapped n utter crap display.
Old 23-11-2014, 04:42   #20

Mainstand are never happy. Par for the course. A good display from the Reds...2-1 flatters the Uni dwellers......also...if you think the Ultras are quiet there is nothing to stop you starting your own song.

As for booing...I respect anybody who pays right to do so....but add that when has it ever aided any team or spurred them onto better things? We are a Conf North club in the FL...get a grip I say!!!
smudgie likes this.
Old 23-11-2014, 06:04   #21
Resting in Peace

How anyone can boo this vibrant attacking team is beyond belief. Good job I'm deaf, as if I had heard it I would have had my afternoon half ruined. Incredible, moronic behaviour, and I for one don't "defend their right" to do so. Pathetic.
cashman likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 07:44   #22
I am Banned

Do not agree at all with o'sullivan being M.O.M he's too selfish he never passes when there's somebody on a clear run instead he tries being the teammate takes them on which 9 times out of 10 he loses the ball, piero defo the MOM he never stopped running and always looks for other chances not just take them on
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 09:28   #23
Senior Member+

Must admit I heard the " boot it forward" brigade in the main stand and it made me smile.
One occasion our fullback played it square and the moaning started,eight passes later we created a great chance,didn't hear anything !!.
Our pitch promotes ball retention I hope we don't change,although on crap bobbly pitches then our tactics may change,not a problem with that KTF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 10:12   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Just one last thought from me on this afternoon's stirring,fascinating
, and most entertaining game. At 2-0 how sad it was to hear a number of the 'get it up t'field'
Brigade in the main stand actually booing the midfield players and defenders when they were
keeping possession with sideways and backwards passing. What do these so called fans want from the team ?
I'm sure that Chubbyman and Mab must have heard this inexcusable treatment of our players and Management and hope that they like us they had something to say about it !!.
Yes I heard it Yonman but do what I do and just smile to myself and feel sorry for them as they don't understand the modern game.i suppose you heard the regular scream to get someone on the half way line every time we're defending even when there's seconds to go and were defending a corner.F19 could explain it to them well,I respect his knowledge of the game.As for man of the match I was a bit disappointed with O'Sullivans performance not that he had a bad game just not quite up to his usual standards my lad and I give a bottle of Moët every game home and away to our own man of the match and we gave it to Piero,and for once DAV Coley and I were in total agreement.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 10:58   #25
Senior Member+

Forgot to mention the good work the new CF did in our box (corners etc..).
I know he will be judged on his goals/assists/hold up play,but he did a great defensive job on their main threat,which sometimes goes un-noticed.
The keeper looks a real find,one to keep an eye on in the future.
Old 23-11-2014, 11:16   #26
Senior Member+

Thank god I moved from the main stand a few years ago.
cashman likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 13:34   #27
Senior Member+

cant believe you moved from the main stand Smudgie,the entertainment better than Statler and Waldolf from the muppets !!
Old 23-11-2014, 14:03   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Mainstand are never happy. Par for the course. A good display from the Reds...2-1 flatters the Uni dwellers......also...if you think the Ultras are quiet there is nothing to stop you starting your own song.

As for booing...I respect anybody who pays right to do so....but add that when has it ever aided any team or spurred them onto better things? We are a Conf North club in the FL...get a grip I say!!!
You can NOT be serious when you suggest starting my own song in the Main Stand Alvin !..
I venture to suggest that although I go through life with a song in my heart, that seeing some of the long faces seated around me particularly amongst the Directors and their horde of
non- paying ? acolytes, that even Gareth Malone would find it impossible to produce anything resembling the efforts of our great Ultras !.
Just to repeat a long-held belief...NO true fan of Accrington Stanley would ever, whatever the circumstances ' Boo ' them !.
AccyMad, cashman and andyd like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 14:13   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
You can NOT be serious when you suggest starting my own song in the Main Stand Alvin !..
I venture to suggest that although I go through life with a song in my heart, that seeing some of the long faces seated around me particularly amongst the Directors and their horde of
non- paying ? acolytes, that even Gareth Malone would find it impossible to produce anything resembling the efforts of our great Ultras !.
Just to repeat a long-held belief...NO true fan of Accrington Stanley would ever, whatever the circumstances ' Boo ' them !.
Quite true its the team i support not anything else hard to grasp i know even fer the supposedly educated.
Old 23-11-2014, 16:29   #30
God Member

Quote:
Spot on.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..