Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2014, 16:06   #31

Re: Time to fleece the 'U' 's ?..Cambridge Thread !.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
You can NOT be serious when you suggest starting my own song in the Main Stand Alvin !..
I venture to suggest that although I go through life with a song in my heart, that seeing some of the long faces seated around me particularly amongst the Directors and their horde of
non- paying ? acolytes, that even Gareth Malone would find it impossible to produce anything resembling the efforts of our great Ultras !.
Just to repeat a long-held belief...NO true fan of Accrington Stanley would ever, whatever the circumstances ' Boo ' them !.
Perhaps the 'long faces' you perceived belonged to the eleven visitor directors from Cambridge, although they, as is the accepted norm, were gracious and complimentary in defeat!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2014, 17:40   #32
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Just one last thought from me on this afternoon's stirring,fascinating
, and most entertaining game. At 2-0 how sad it was to hear a number of the 'get it up t'field'
Brigade in the main stand actually booing the midfield players and defenders when they were
keeping possession with sideways and backwards passing. What do these so called fans want from the team ?
I'm sure that Chubbyman and Mab must have heard this inexcusable treatment of our players and Management and hope that they like us they had something to say about it !!.
Every home game we have the same bunch of whiners sat 2 rows back from where i sit,telling JC how it should be done and the occasional word aimed at our players but no Booing from them yesterday! Must be nearer to you Yonmon
Old 23-11-2014, 18:52   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Mainstand are never happy. Par for the course. A good display from the Reds...2-1 flatters the Uni dwellers......also...if you think the Ultras are quiet there is nothing to stop you starting your own song.

As for booing...I respect anybody who pays right to do so....but add that when has it ever aided any team or spurred them onto better things? We are a Conf North club in the FL...get a grip I say!!!
Don't tar all mainstanders with the same brush chuck, most around me are generally quite happy & have even been known on occasion to break into song and/or a chant, ok it may not last long but the effort is there I promise
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 19:58   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Perhaps the 'long faces' you perceived belonged to the eleven visitor directors from Cambridge, although they, as is the accepted norm, were gracious and complimentary in defeat!
A ' raw -nerve' reaction to a slightly 'tongue-in-cheek' post ?,and I am more than certain that the good folk from Cambridge did no doubt accept the fate of their very good team with a level of well-mannered equanimity.
So next Friday night let's see if anyone who reads this, and also frequents the lofty heights of the Directors area can inspire those allowed access to the same to burst into song at a given moment !. This should not only stimulate the Reds towards even greater efforts than we have witnessed of late, but might also provide a musical diversion for we lesser mortals who can only gaze on in awe as the last morsels of meat pies and such are rapidly stuffed into the mouths of those returning to their seats in THE Box following their halftime refreshment break !.
But wait !...some might think that this is a somewhat cynical observation from one who usually faces the vicissitudes of life with the same equanimity as a Director of Cambridge
United !. So to redress the balance I willingly offer to lend my vocal support to any cheeky little ditty emanating from that place, the lyrics of which must not of course echo the more raunchy libretti belted out so heartily by the excellent Ultras !, as I would expect a measure of decorum to be injected into the Choral offering which would meet with the approval of our Chairman and the Board, not to mention the Ladies present !.
So rich or poor, Season Ticket holder or ' Complimentary Guest ' in the Director's Box, whoever you be ....raise your voices and sing for t'Stanley. You'll feel better for it !.
Revived Red and Chubbyman like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 21:11   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
A ' raw -nerve' reaction to a slightly 'tongue-in-cheek' post ?,and I am more than certain that the good folk from Cambridge did no doubt accept the fate of their very good team with a level of well-mannered equanimity.
So next Friday night let's see if anyone who reads this, and also frequents the lofty heights of the Directors area can inspire those allowed access to the same to burst into song at a given moment !. This should not only stimulate the Reds towards even greater efforts than we have witnessed of late, but might also provide a musical diversion for we lesser mortals who can only gaze on in awe as the last morsels of meat pies and such are rapidly stuffed into the mouths of those returning to their seats in THE Box following their halftime refreshment break !.
But wait !...some might think that this is a somewhat cynical observation from one who usually faces the vicissitudes of life with the same equanimity as a Director of Cambridge
United !. So to redress the balance I willingly offer to lend my vocal support to any cheeky little ditty emanating from that place, the lyrics of which must not of course echo the more raunchy libretti belted out so heartily by the excellent Ultras !, as I would expect a measure of decorum to be injected into the Choral offering which would meet with the approval of our Chairman and the Board, not to mention the Ladies present !.
So rich or poor, Season Ticket holder or ' Complimentary Guest ' in the Director's Box, whoever you be ....raise your voices and sing for t'Stanley. You'll feel better for it !.
Why don't you resurrect the stirring "Cart on, Stanley, Cart on"? Haven't heard that one for years on the Clayton End!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 21:41   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Why don't you resurrect the stirring "Cart on, Stanley, Cart on"? Haven't heard that one for years on the Clayton End!
To those of a certain age RR ..." On Stanley, On ! " is still the greatest anthem, although "Cart on " seemed to awaken passions on t' Clayton End whenever it was struck up !.

PS The unwarranted cynicism within my previous thread was stimulated by an inordinate intake of Absolute and Tonic...from a more clearheaded viewpoint it was somewhat OTT and I fear a little unworthy of me.....AE thinks so too !.
Old 24-11-2014, 15:47   #37
God Member

Piero made the football league team

Sky Bet Football League Team of the Week
Old 24-11-2014, 17:27   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

No surprise there Dave !..... And well deserved too !.
Old 25-11-2014, 12:52   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

From the whole of the Football League too; not just League Two! Congratulations, Piero!
Wynonie Harris and sherry like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..