Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2014, 21:05   #1
Senior Member+

Time to fleece the 'U' 's ?..Cambridge Thread !.

Richard Money writes in glowing terms about the Reds and in particular the management skills of John Coleman in today's edition of Cambridge news, and implies the weaknesses his team will feel due to injuries of some players .
All in all it makes a good read for Stanley fans, but having a sort of inbuilt mistrust of soccer Managers and their pre-match pronouncements, I wonder if this one who has had a fairly good season so far is another to try out the old 'you're better than us ' routine in an attempt to instill a false sense of security or complacency in the minds of their opponents ?.
All will be revealed in another seventeen hours or so ....and I for one can't wait for the affray.
The weather looks like it will improve on today's inclemency, so let's hope for a good gate and a great game between two successful teams !.
( AE is back !! ).
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2014, 21:10   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Time to fleece the 'U' 's ?..Cambridge Thread !.

Looking forward to a display as good as Tuesdays if possible.
Old 22-11-2014, 07:34   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Looking forward to a display as good as Tuesdays if possible.
That would be good !.... Wonder what the starting eleven will be ?..... Is Marcus the player for the special occasion as JC implies, or will it be a return to Maguire ?....Can he drop Pierro following his super show on Tuesday ?....If the new man plays then where?, both Luke and Andy were awesome against Notts County !....So many questions to be answered which makes for a fascinating afternoon methinks !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 09:26   #4
God Member

Some sensible words from Jimmy, the last line is so very true.......

Reds charge for the top seven - Accrington Stanley FC
yonmon likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 09:28   #5
Senior Member+

My first game since Morecambe, really looking forward to it.

Cant remember us having as many available players since the playoff season, that's for sure!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 13:21   #6
Senior Member+

COME ON STANLEY!!!
Let's continue our move up the league with 3 points and a good performance today.
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 15:53   #7
God Member

Another great result. Well done Mr.Mingoia (and Professor Coleman for selecting him).
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 16:18   #8
God Member

WOW!!..its been a great week.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 16:22   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good display, Cambridge who have been scoring fer fun, only got one when we seemed to switch off,?Mingoia was superb, only thing i wasn't overkeen on was the new lad, much prefer Carver.
Old 22-11-2014, 16:46   #10
Resting in Peace

A truly great performance today. We ran the U's defence dizzy for most of the match. Agree with Cashy re. Crooks. Whatever is his best position he certainly isn't a centre forward! O'Sullivan played great for his MOM, but for me Mingoia was head and shoulders the best man on the pitch. 6-1 would have been a fair scoreline.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 17:06   #11
Senior Member+

Well my first two pence worth in a few weeks.....

Really enjoyed the game today. Defensively I thought we looked great, and it took a pretty special goal to break us down. Liddle is by no means my favorite player but I really did think he was superb today, along with Atkinson my personal M-O-M. Only thing about the defence that I didnt enjoy was the number of scouts aparently watching Aldred

As others have said..... Mingoia was absolutely superb. Yes he scored 2 but his workrate and touch really where a class apart. I thought his days at Stanley where numbered but he has proved a few doubters (including me) wrong. Mention also for O Sullivan who looked class on the ball.

Crookes and Maguire where rightly replaced, both had pretty average afternoons...... but to be honest I couldent care less Onward & Upward.
smobile likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 17:12   #12

Strange how people see the game differently.

I thought Pierro was anonymous for the first half other than the goal.

For me Maguire was a class above, his touch and awareness in possession was a delight to watch.

I reckon Crooks was rightly subbed but I wouldn't write him off ... He definitely didn't seem like a "Strikers' striker" more of a False 9 - he linked up with the attacking trio well and created several chances for them around the edge of the box... With the quality we have in attacking midfield it might not be a bad way to go
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 17:29   #13
Senior Member+

Really enjoyed the game and performance.
Special mention to buzzer as the pitch was excellent which helped the quality of the play.
They didn't look a bad side and pressed us for 45 mins,but after conceding they opened the game up and played into our hands (were a good counter attacking team)
As Redraine said,we really should have scored more,but I am not getting greedy and only conceded to a worldy.
What's pushing us at the moment is the strength in depth.
The bench and lads only in the squad walked past and there all quality players,so if you get a shirt you have to work hard to keep it.
I must admit I watched the new lad closely and thought he did ok,he gave us a presence up top and occupied their CBs.
He run out of steam after 60mins,but showed enough for me to stick with him and bring Marcus on when the opposition tire.
Coley made some big decisions today,and the performance suggested he got them right,playoffs here we come !!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 17:36   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Strange how people see the game differently.

I thought Pierro was anonymous for the first half other than the goal.

For me Maguire was a class above, his touch and awareness in possession was a delight to watch.

I reckon Crooks was rightly subbed but I wouldn't write him off ... He definitely didn't seem like a "Strikers' striker" more of a False 9 - he linked up with the attacking trio well and created several chances for them around the edge of the box... With the quality we have in attacking midfield it might not be a bad way to go
Must agree with you Sam,once maguire found space in the hole (too left sided for the first 20 mins),he was excellent and they struggled to pick him up.
Think Pierre took at while to get into the game after his effort on Tuesday,but quality always comes through
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 18:23   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF
I reckon Crooks was rightly subbed but I wouldn't write him off ... He definitely didn't seem like a "Strikers' striker"
A tame Huddersfield fan at work says Crooks is never a striker. He said he's played a few first team games for the terriers in midfield and looked OK but can't seem to get a game at the moment.
missastrike likes this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..