Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2019, 20:34   #16
God Member

Re: Title run in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I agree Cashy, Smyth is a little immature at the moment but he will be a much wanted player.
Some QPR fans don't agree & can't understand why he's not in their first team - yes, he's quick but also reads the game well, consider ourselves lucky to have his services
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2019, 07:37   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
Vivre les rouges formidables.
Aha!! Pseud's Corner now on Accy Web. But do keep up the French lessons - you'll be ok. Eventually.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 17:08   #18

Je. Suis. Spartacus!
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 20:05   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
It will be published in June, and even if players are on the list they can still go.
Eee by gum!
I was on a bit of a LIST walking home after the victory over Oxford after staying in the club house for far too long and having inbibed far too many pints at £1 a pint!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 08:12   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Interesting.
Who’s on your retained list ?
who are out of contract at the end of the season. unlike we used to be when the answer was everyone.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 15:47   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
who are out of contract at the end of the season. unlike we used to be when the answer was everyone.
Top of my head;

Big Ben, Danny W, Will Wood, Erico and that seems to be it!!
monkey hanger likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 16:31   #22

Keep Big Ben, and would like to keep Erico but i dont see the point
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 17:05   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Eee by gum!
I was on a bit of a LIST walking home after the victory over Oxford after staying in the club house for far too long and having inbibed far too many pints at £1 a pint!
Think that must be a fault with the car park Choirboy, I had the same problem on Saturday night
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 19:17   #24
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think we will stay up which is all i wanted from the start of the season plus a cup run. if i,m right it will be a succesful season for me.
Just hope it doesn't depend on the three stooges they send nearly ever week
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 10:43   #25
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
Keep Big Ben, and would like to keep Erico but i dont see the point
Saw Erico play in Lancashire Cup vs Blackburn's U23's a few weeks ago.
Had a frustrating game as was playing out of position at wing back - very limited going forward as had to cover defensively.

Good, skillful player but is he a League 1 player? The players seem to rate him in training judging by the 'who is' program questions each week, but from what i've seen of him I'd probably argue he's 5th choice out of our wide players (Clicker, Sean, Piero and Danny Williams, (who i was surprised we offered a 1 year deal too in summer to be honest!)

As for Big Ben, he just looks so uncomfortable playing football recently. Poor passing and too many mistakes leading to goals. Personally i'd of tried to sell to get some £££ for rather than letting him go on a free, as we have cover with Harvey.

Fairly sure a few others are out of contract this summer, seem to recall we exercised an extra 1 year deal on a lot of regulars last summer who were on 1+1 deals.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..