Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 18:10   #16
God Member

Re: Today's Abandonment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Observer View Post
The 'WHAM' is a disgrace. Pitch can't handle a bit of water and the facilities for away fans for £20 are disgusting. Been going on for 30 years and still those same toilets. Four spaces to have a **** and the floors subsiding. Accy Stanley allways tin pot.
Well, if you haven't learnt after 30 years to go for a wee before you come into the ground what can I say??
Must be like ground hog day for you on every visit - still if you come to the rearranged game it'll only be a tenner & if you remember to wear your wellies, it'll be win-win!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2018, 18:20   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well could well be the same result as last time Morescum was abandonded.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 01-01-2018, 18:21   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
The 'WHAM' is a disgrace. Pitch can't handle a bit of water and the facilities for away fans for £20 are disgusting. Been going on for 30 years and still those same toilets. Four spaces to have a **** and the floors subsiding. Accy Stanley allways tin pot.
Somerset's brother it seems from his inconsequential ramblings ?.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 18:23   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Clay in your head matey. Get it sorted...............tin pot LOL.
And also an ill-mannered bore ?.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 01-01-2018, 18:23   #20

Quote:
Couldn't agree more old chap!
Compared to the magnificent Globe Arena, our ground is tin-pot.
But there's one big difference. Last year little tin-pot Stanley actually made a profit.
Now let me think? How much profit did Morecambe make?????????
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 18:24   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Somerset's brother it seems from his inconsequential ramblings ?.
If it is then it suggests that imbecility is genetic.
AccyMad, cashman and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 18:24   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
I agree with Somerset, spot on. What did you improve your drainage with in the close season, sponges?? The FA need to have a close look because it ain't good enough, bloody shambles LOL.
Q e d !!.
Old 01-01-2018, 19:28   #23

I think it's great when we postpone at the last minute or abandon games half way through.
It means we get a better picture of the results we need to seal promotion with the games in hand but most of all it really seems to drive the more immature fans (both home and away fans) into bouts of irrationality. I've just enjoyed reading their hilarious little hissy fits on twitter.

Proper fans know and appreciate the eccentricities of tiny "tin pot" clubs like Accrington, with their quirky grounds and dodgy pitches and know that football is all the better for it.

I thought the abandonment today was inevitable. Despite what some of our fans said on the way out, and what Coleman said in his interview, the pitch was sodden, the ball was sticking all down the right wing. One of their players had skidded 10 yards in our area before the heaviest of the rain . More heavy rain was forecast. Wasn't it better to call it off then rather than the 80th minute?

Not sure what the relevance of the kids splashing about at half time has. Hardly worth comparing the two.

Last edited by Lord Didsbury; 01-01-2018 at 19:32.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 19:53   #24

OK chaps, bloody hell raw nerve or what? LOL.I'll try and explain it in words of one syllable because yeh just ain't getting it. Somerset comes on here every time a game is called off due to a bit of rain and basically takes the mick out of yeh with his stupid non-sensical ramblings. Why does he do it...because he can, cos yeh have more games abandoned than any other professional club, apart from maybe Carlisle, but their ground was under 6 feet of flood water so we'll make allowances for them shall we. How do you respond to anyone who raises an eyebrow at these watery going ons, usually with abuse, not very friendly are yeh? Let's see what have you blamed over the years. Water cascading off the Coppice. Clay. The refereee. The god awful weather in Accy ( cos it don't rain anywhere else in the country does it LOL). Kevin Ellison. Have I missed any? Maybe a bit of advice from someone who wasn't at the game LOL. The damp area is always at the town end in front of the main stand. That's where the ball was holding in the surface water today, most of the rest of the pitch was still playing fairly well. Funnily enough the last time the game against Morecambe was called off the problem was in exactly the same area of the pitch. IDEA!! Try digging some 'clay' out of this area and beefing up the drainage in the same area then we might actually be able to finish a game next time there is a heavy downpour. Oh and try putting a toilet block in the away end suitable for the use of humans, rather than that rotting porta cabin from the sixties. OK chaps cue the abuse..............: and we'll never get anywhere will we? At the end of the day it's the Football League, not the Accy Sunday League!
Interested Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 20:13   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well could well be the same result as last time Morescum was abandonded.
Hello matey, spelling lesson. Morescum is spelt Morecambe. Abandonded is spelt Abandoned and clay is spelt clay...... oh sorry you know that one don't you I'm offski now before I get banned........ along with good ol' Somerset.
Old 01-01-2018, 20:28   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Doubt very much if Somerset will get banned.
Old 01-01-2018, 21:02   #27
Full Member+

The "code 3" was announced well before it was officially called off, that was a disgrace to be fair.

It seemed like they waited as long as possible to tell fans, nothing to do with the queues for pies and beer....

Anyone who bought a ticket for the game (bar ST holders) has to pay again at a reduced price, which rubs salt into the wounds.

The club needs to get someone in who is commercially savvy to advise, as in the long run this will lose support.

"Accrington Stanley’s Lancashire derby with Morecambe was abandoned at half-time due to the persistent rain."

That statement of the OS does sound very odd, blames the frequency of the rain, not the amount of rain and the effect on the pitch.
chevyfire likes this.

Last edited by Chewbacca; 01-01-2018 at 21:11.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 21:24   #28
Senior Member+

As a commuter to the game no ones more p****d off than me. However why were the Managers not consulted ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 21:27   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
The "code 3" was announced well before it was officially called off, that was a disgrace to be fair.

It seemed like they waited as long as possible to tell fans, nothing to do with the queues for pies and beer....

Anyone who bought a ticket for the game (bar ST holders) has to pay again at a reduced price, which rubs salt into the wounds.

The club needs to get someone in who is commercially savvy to advise, as in the long run this will lose support.
At last someone with a bit of common. If Andy Holt/ Accy are worth/making as much money as is claimed then it should be possible to sort that pitch out so this doesn't keep happening. Just been informed that I've got to fork out an extra 10 quid on top of todays 20 quid for the pleasure of attending the re arranged fixture. Why??? Todays game doesn't exist anywhere now, it might as well not have taken place for the purpose of the record books/league table blah, blah, blah, so why have to pay again? I've been to re arranged abandoned games in the past where the original ticket stub got you in the game, no extra cost full stop. All this for sub standard away facilities part of which should be condemned. What was said to the Swindon fans who travelled up the other week on the assurance the game would go ahead? Your pitch is now pretty good to be fair compared to the 70's/80's/90's when it was a complete mud bath in winter. However it's still deficient and needs sorting in the town end corner near the main stand. Some sort of apology would be nice from Accy officials and free entry to ticket stub holders for the re arranged game, but I won't hold my breath. The fans get ***t on again.
Old 01-01-2018, 23:01   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello matey, spelling lesson. Morescum is spelt Morecambe. Abandonded is spelt Abandoned and clay is spelt clay...... oh sorry you know that one don't you I'm offski now before I get banned........ along with good ol' Somerset.
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..