Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 22:22   #31
God Member

Re: Today's Abandonment

Your spelling is excellent Mr Observer, but your logic is poor. Today you paid 20 pounds for 45 minutes, so 10 for 90 minutes evens it up perfectly...so whats your problem?
AccyMad and Lord Didsbury like this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2018, 07:13   #32

It's not just the football you pay for at the Wham, Kiwi John, it's the whole match day experience at an historic ground.
Really away fans should be charged full whack again.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:14   #33
God Member

The thing is Mr Observer, before Morecambe sold their souls to Sainsbury's & had the cash to build that nice lego-like stadium that is the Globe Arena the facilities in the away end at Christie Park were, at the very least, basic - the ladies had a dilapidated portacabin while the gents was literally just a wall to pee against!
That said, the atmosphere there was so much better than where you are now that it didn't matter so much.
Yes, the toilet facilities that seem to mean so much to you are better but apart from the lack of atmosphere & dare I say it soul at the Globe, the away concourse is so narrow you can barely swing a cat round & it's single file only to reach the improved facilities.
You say you've been coming to the Crown for 30 years so it can't be that bad & nobody's pressuring you to pay the £10 admission for the rearranged game, if you're that upset stay home & enjoy your own facilities. Good night
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:54   #34
God Member

must be the only person who actually cheered when i saw the game was abandoned. been ill since boxing day so it will give me a better chance to see the full game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:24   #35
God Member

Don't know why the usual whinging Morecambe fans are so bothered about visiting our soon to be modernised Wham fortress they won't be here next season their derby day will be at the wonderful welcoming Barrow.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 13:48   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
The "code 3" was announced well before it was officially called off, that was a disgrace to be fair.

It seemed like they waited as long as possible to tell fans, nothing to do with the queues for pies and beer....

Anyone who bought a ticket for the game (bar ST holders) has to pay again at a reduced price, which rubs salt into the wounds.

The club needs to get someone in who is commercially savvy to advise, as in the long run this will lose support.

"Accrington Stanley’s Lancashire derby with Morecambe was abandoned at half-time due to the persistent rain."

That statement of the OS does sound very odd, blames the frequency of the rain, not the amount of rain and the effect on the pitch.
What bit can yeh not grasp about my comment oer pies @ drinks? I put a grinning face after it, was my feeble attempt at humour oer a crap situation.
Old 02-01-2018, 14:09   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I think it's great when we postpone at the last minute or abandon games half way through.
It means we get a better picture of the results we need to seal promotion with the games in hand but most of all it really seems to drive the more immature fans (both home and away fans) into bouts of irrationality. I've just enjoyed reading their hilarious little hissy fits on twitter.

Proper fans know and appreciate the eccentricities of tiny "tin pot" clubs like Accrington, with their quirky grounds and dodgy pitches and know that football is all the better for it.

I thought the abandonment today was inevitable. Despite what some of our fans said on the way out, and what Coleman said in his interview, the pitch was sodden, the ball was sticking all down the right wing. One of their players had skidded 10 yards in our area before the heaviest of the rain . More heavy rain was forecast. Wasn't it better to call it off then rather than the 80th minute?

Not sure what the relevance of the kids splashing about at half time has. Hardly worth comparing the two.
Skidded 10 yards ! they slid further than that when celebrating a goal.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 19:11   #38
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What bit can yeh not grasp about my comment oer pies @ drinks? I put a grinning face after it, was my feeble attempt at humour oer a crap situation.
I have no idea what you are on about or why you felt the need to quote me?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 19:16   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I have no idea what you are on about or why you felt the need to quote me?
Bullshinewhere did yeh get the pies and drinks from.
Old 02-01-2018, 19:45   #40
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Bullshinewhere did yeh get the pies and drinks from.
I was at the game and saw what happened.

The people in the ground (pitch side) were told a few mins before those still queuing up for food and drink, as they were storming out before the announcement.

If it was announced instead of the code 3 (brace yourselves the game is off) the queues would have dissipated.

No one else had mentioned it on this thread so seemed a strange reference.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 19:48   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

O.K. we will have to agree to disagree.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..