Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 12:00   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: todays depressing result

Thanks, Zayno.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-10-2005, 12:35   #32
Senior Member+

no problem redraine Does anyone have any news on cav? Did not look too good did it. Saw him limping after the game he looked very uneasy
Old 03-10-2005, 17:37   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
You may think you know about football more than Footiegirl, but I doubt it. That reply was pure chauvanism and should be left in your pants. .
Thankyou! I'm not going to turn this into a rant about how sexist Staveros was but i'm glad to see that someone can see that girls know just as much as guys about football.
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 18:21   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footiegirl
Thankyou! I'm not going to turn this into a rant about how sexist Staveros was but i'm glad to see that someone can see that girls know just as much as guys about football.
How was it sexist?? I made no reference to your gender whatsoever did I??

My comment was based purely on your nonsensical opinion.

I haven't read one person agree with you on here that Rocky was in any way shape or form even partly responsible for the goal we conceded so I would have to conclude that, as I suggested, I was indeed right and you were wrong.

Its nothing personal and I am willing to accept that, for a girl, you may well have a decent understanding of the game. Blaming Rocky for things that are clearly not his fault though doesn't give you any credibility in my eyes. He is clearly the club scapegoat, if indeed there is one, and getting on his back seems to be popular amongst those who want their voice to be heard but lack any real substance.

The Rock is a rock, i've put my head on the block, if im wrong you can mock, but til then put a sock. Innit.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 18:38   #35
Senior Member+

Lets put this argument to a stop people? We all support the same club thats doing great things in the conference this year and hopefully greater to come. To achieve this every player needs the fans support. So lets stop this rocky nonsense and all unite together and help stanley achieve their goal and our goal getting to league two. Darren made a mistake put he has done enough to convince us its just a one off. Rocky has to, he has shown us against gravesend he is a capable player. Everyone makes mistakes but whats important is we get behind the players on friday night and lets get out first win in 3.......Come on stanley
Old 03-10-2005, 19:13   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayno14
Lets put this argument to a stop people? We all support the same club thats doing great things in the conference this year and hopefully greater to come. To achieve this every player needs the fans support. So lets stop this rocky nonsense and all unite together and help stanley achieve their goal and our goal getting to league two. Darren made a mistake put he has done enough to convince us its just a one off. Rocky has to, he has shown us against gravesend he is a capable player. Everyone makes mistakes but whats important is we get behind the players on friday night and lets get out first win in 3.......Come on stanley
hear, hear
Old 03-10-2005, 22:22   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayno14
couldn't have said better myself, karma on its way.......

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:31   #38
Senior Member+

Thumbs down Re: todays depressing result

[QUOTELets put this argument to a stop people? We all support the same club thats doing great things in the conference this year and hopefully greater to come. To achieve this every player needs the fans support. So lets stop this rocky nonsense and all unite together and help stanley achieve their goal and our goal getting to league two. Darren made a mistake put he has done enough to convince us its just a one off. Rocky has to, he has shown us against gravesend he is a capable player. Everyone makes mistakes but whats important is we get behind the players on friday night and lets get out first win in 3.......Come on stanley ][/QUOTE]

So thats a dictatorship we want. people are allowed to have an opinion on what goes on on a football field, be it I.E.S. or Old Trafford. This was not an argument, but a difference of opinion as I am having with you now.Staveros thinks Rocky is great, I don't believe he is quite that good and there are plenty of others who would agree with this point, however, I am able to respect his opinion without others jumping on the bandwagon

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:17   #39
God Member

I personally don't have a prob with anyone giving their opinion whether I agree with it or not. That is all our own right and what this message board is for. What I did like was the sentiment of Zanyo's post about getting behind the team and lets look towards our next win, hence the giving of karma.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:23   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
So thats a dictatorship we want. people are allowed to have an opinion on what goes on on a football field, be it I.E.S. or Old Trafford. This was not an argument, but a difference of opinion as I am having with you now.Staveros thinks Rocky is great, I don't believe he is quite that good and there are plenty of others who would agree with this point, however, I am able to respect his opinion without others jumping on the bandwagon
Its all good Oz, I respect yours as well.

Maybe you misunderstand me though?? I am a fan of Rocky but I certainly dont think he is 'great' persee. If he makes a rick I will hold my hands up.

I believe him to be a good player who has been having a rough time of it recently, my point is and always has been that during times like this he needs SUPPORTING not slagging off.

What has particularly riled me is that people have been 'looking for him'. By that I mean waiting for him to make an error so they can pounce with their negativity and start getting on his back again. The worst cases are people like Footiegirl who are clearly 'looking for him' in the extreme. She wants to blame him for EVERYTHING. Its obviously a case of 'we've conceded. What did Rocky do with his last touch?? It MUST be his fault'. Utter nonsense.

I say again, Saturdays goal against was is no way shape or form even slightly Rockys fault. The keeper made an error, which I forgive him for because he has looked awesome otherwise, and unfortunately it cost us big time.

As simple as it possibly could be.

Irrelevent of The Rocks past performances he was blameless and all round I thought he had ANOTHER good game.

Anyone who finds reason to blame him, IMO, is wasting their money watching football because they clearly have little or no understanding of the game. They would be better going down Ewood Park with the rest of the know nothing whingebags where they'd fit right in. I mean, after all, our attendances arent THAT far apart are they?!?!

Last edited by Staveros; 04-10-2005 at 11:25.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:52   #41
Senior Member+

Maybe its not the argument more the arrogance.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 12:05   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Maybe its not the argument more the arrogance.
Ohhhh right, now I get it.

So even when someone is talking absolute nonsense you have to get the 'kid gloves' out and pretend they're not yeah???

It must be that 'everyones a winner' society you're living in mate.

Besides, why should I be all humble with someone who is proactively going out of their way to be nasty and hypercritical of one of the clubs most long serving and honest players??
Old 04-10-2005, 12:12   #43

To be honest, I am not Rockys biggest fan, but I thought he looked the best defender on Saturday....

Cue unpopularity

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 12:15   #44

AND Baz....Heather McCartney's 'second leg', as you call it, is fundamental to her ability to stand up and walk so it couldn't really be considered 'for show' could it?? Kopite logic I think.

Speaking of Kopites hows your mate Michael Shields?? I must admit, we cant compete with the amount of time HE will be spending in europe!!

Note for any over zealous moderators reading...Shields has been found GULITY in a court of law, I am merely stating a FACT.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:18   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
To be honest, I am not Rockys biggest fan, but I thought he looked the best defender on Saturday....

Cue unpopularity
Cue popularity with me

you the man diesel, a man diesel who knows his football.

keep up the good work!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..