Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2005, 12:50   #46
Resting In Peace

Re: todays depressing result

Let's face it, at times our defending is a shambles, no organisation, no leader. It's every man for himself at times. Plenty of last gasp tackles, desperation stuff. Rocky has been sent off on a few occasions, he has made mistakes on many occasions, he will be missing on Saturday because of bad discipline, but not only Rocky is guilty, other defenders have been sent off, other defenders have made mistakes, other defenders have been suspended because of bad discipline. I have said this before and I will say this again we need a leader at the back, someone to organise the defence and keep them in their place, then maybe we would not have to make last gasp tackles as the danger would have already been cut out. IF WE HAD A DEFENCE WE WOULD BE DANGEROUS.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-10-2005, 13:54   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
Let's face it, at times our defending is a shambles, no organisation, no leader. It's every man for himself at times. Plenty of last gasp tackles, desperation stuff. Rocky has been sent off on a few occasions, he has made mistakes on many occasions, he will be missing on Saturday because of bad discipline, but not only Rocky is guilty, other defenders have been sent off, other defenders have made mistakes, other defenders have been suspended because of bad discipline. I have said this before and I will say this again we need a leader at the back, someone to organise the defence and keep them in their place, then maybe we would not have to make last gasp tackles as the danger would have already been cut out. IF WE HAD A DEFENCE WE WOULD BE DANGEROUS.
Thats a good shout.

Never saw him play much because he left not long after I started watching Stanley BUT I haven't seen a better centre half than Mark Settori since then.

He seemed a good organiser and he had all the 'smarts' you would expect of such an experienced pro.

I think someone in that mould would bring us on leaps and bounds.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 13:55   #48

I'd agree with that sentiment, our attack force is frightening for opposition defenses, but our defence lets us down. Hopefully Tretton will come good for us when he returns from injury, and Welch should get another chance against Hereford

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..