Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 19:00   #1
Senior Member+

todays depressing result

We were unlucky not to have all three points but it was our own fault that we dropped two at the end of the day. We had possesion and chances but we could not convert! We nearly won at the end but paul mullin could not find a man in red after a short fleet backpass BUT the referee and linesman! What was going on?!
Old 01-10-2005, 19:15   #2

Re: todays depressing result

I think that thread title is more depressing than the result!!

Seriously, I came away a tad bit disappointed BUT lets get it right, its another point gained.

I take encouragement from the fact we didn't get anywhere near the level that we know we can yet still came away with a comfortable point which probably should have been three.

I thought Mully was a bit out of sorts today and IMO when Mully plays well Accy play well and likewise the opposite.

I heard a few giving young Randolph a bit of grief. Have a word with yourselves boys. He's just a kid and IMO he's done a bloody good job for us so far. Yeah he made a rick but who doesn't, he'll learn from it and move on. I heard some people around me do nothing but moan for the last 20 minutes about how he'd cost us the win. Eh?? Personally I was thinking we had 20 minutes to get a winner but maybe thats just me?? That negativity gets onto the pitch though make no mistakes. It doesn't help one little bit, try looking on the bright side ya miserable gets!!

I thought Rocky turned in another good display and I can't help but mention it cos he's my fave!! Well done the Rock.

3rd in the league baby, its all good.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 19:20   #3
Senior Member+

jase and loweiy let roy know everything rocky did well
Old 01-10-2005, 22:09   #4
God Member

we can't moan it was prob darren's first mistake since he arrived at the IES so no complaints from me. In fact will be sorry when he returns to charlton! What did annoy me was the moaning as staveros mentioned for the last 20 mins. For goodness sake you whingers get behind the lads but not on their backs! The mini ref and liner were an absolute joke IMO, why is it that the law dictates you get the same liner for the whole match?? Surely it would be fairer to have a half with each...

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 22:11   #5
Senior Member+

Listening on the Radio sounded a bit of a lackluster match, commentry wasn't that good but sounded like Stanley gave it a good go and were unlucky just to draw. Oh way can't Radio Lancashire put Stanley on via the net when they are home like other BBBC stations.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 22:19   #6
Senior Member+

Got to agree with everything that has been said. The ref and his assistants never gave us a thing. They were a complete joke not worthy of the Unibond let alone Nationwide conference. How many times was Paul Mullin held back yet he never got the decision once, but when it was at the other end with Sodje and co, they got it every time. Rocky did put in a better display today, but he's still shaky IMHO. Why on earth have Stanley let Ged Brannan go, And what was the idea of replacing Pete Cavanagh with Rommy Boco and putting Steve Jakielka at the back, he is not a natural defender, surely Michael Welch would have been the more ideal substitute. BTW how is P.C. hope it is not too serious. Good luck against Hereford on Friday.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:20   #7
Super Moderator

A frustrating result but not one to get too depressed about. We're still third. I don't think Boco has shown his true potential and when he does, he will make a real difference. I've never complained about the officials on here before, but I've got to say yesterday's lot were a complete disgrace. Totally agree with Staveros and Red - the Randolph knockers were well out of order. He's turned in some superb performances for us and yesterday's mistake was a very rare one from him. Stop whinging and get behind the lads!
Old 02-10-2005, 10:20   #8
Senior Member+

yeah if it wasn't for darren aldershot would have sneaked a draw and morecambe could have had a few more. Noone has the right to knock. I for one feel comfortable when he is net which is more than i can say for our past keepers.
Old 02-10-2005, 14:23   #9
Super Moderator

Another disappointingly low gate yesterday. Considering our league position, we really should be getting at least 1,500, roof or no roof, but, of course, I'm preaching to the converted on here. According to Eric's programme notes, "I do want to see our attendances go up throughout the season and I'm sure with the way we are playing that will not be a problem." Don't be too sure, Eric...
Old 02-10-2005, 15:35   #10
Senior Member+

there isn't really much more on the pitch we can do to boost attendances
Old 02-10-2005, 15:50   #11

I agree that after so many good displays that Randolph shouldn't be criticised for this mistake, but in my opinion, if the ball had been cleared by Rocky in the first place, then Darren wouldn't be in any danger of letting the ball in. And another thing, surely it makes more sense to put a defender on for an another defender when you are 1-0 up? When cav came off, surely it would have made more sense to put Welch on, especially as he as shown to be a good defender?!
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 16:18   #12
Senior Member+

maybe to try and get a second and kill the game off?! Can't be sure but a point is a point and hopefully a good performance will be three points on friday
Old 02-10-2005, 17:17   #13
Junior Member+

For one one reason or another, Coley seems very reluctant to play Welch.
Distracted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 17:43   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footiegirl
I agree that after so many good displays that Randolph shouldn't be criticised for this mistake, but in my opinion, if the ball had been cleared by Rocky in the first place, then Darren wouldn't be in any danger of letting the ball in. And another thing, surely it makes more sense to put a defender on for an another defender when you are 1-0 up? When cav came off, surely it would have made more sense to put Welch on, especially as he as shown to be a good defender?!
It was the obvious change for me and I would have to say he did right. Nothing to say the other lad would have done any better.

The Rocky point is nonsense. You could do that for EVERY goal a team concedes, say 'what if he'd done this' etc. What if we hadn't lost the ball in midfield?? What if Mully had hheld it up better?? Not for me.

The keeper was to blame but he's done well, we put it down to experience and we move on.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 17:52   #15

having seen Gravesend play twice sofar this season in my mind its not a depressing result but a good result, after seeing Gravesend play woking you may recal i posted that id posibly seen a side heading for the playoffs as the minimum id allso had seen stanley play twice down in the south and if you look on the prediction league i thought it would have been 2-2 but was nearly write, so im not going to try and blame anyone for what i feel was a good result, hopfuly going to watch stevanage wed evening for JC so keep yor eye on the predictions it might tell you how they played see you all at stevanage next sat,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..