Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2005, 17:10   #1

Today's game

So what'd everyone make of today's game? My ha'penny's worth:

It was our first competitive match at the Interlink and it was a bit erm... frustrating. A little confidence and the same lineup could get a hatful. Very picky ref and nauseating off-side trap, but then if they're going to play like that, and the linesman's having a mare then we need to learn from it, and stay onside!

We like Mangan, Roberts, Barry and Mullin's a star in the air. Jaggers had a mare, as he has in all the pre-season friendlies we saw - the right side wasn't working at all until Brown come in.

Some interesting excursions by the keeper, but fairly solid looking at the back - which sounds like it was last season's problem?

New boy at left back took a little while to settle, but wasn't getting any help out there! Craney had a good game; better than we've seen in the friendlies.

Roberts could do with a goal. A little more confidence and he'll be marvellous down the left.

Extremely promising, if not thrilling display. Too many missed chances.
Robaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2005, 17:15   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Today's game

Agreed, it wasn't a thrilling match, but it was a win.

It will probably take the team a while to settle down, but there was some promising play.

I've even managed to bag a lift on Tuesday to Altringham with Harwood Red.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 21:20   #3

I've even managed to bag a lift on Tuesday to Altringham with Harwood Red.[/QUOTE]

Hey, was that Harwood Red I saw you with??
Very similar to her avatar!! Unlike yours!!
Good job I havn't got one!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 21:57   #4
I am Banned

Overall, very encouraging. Too many attacks were allowed to fail against the offside trap, though. And it's no good blaming the linesman for all of them. We're used to Mullin being caught - that's the way he plays down the middle - but Roberts was getting caught offside far too often on the left.

I like Roberts, and if he develops a bit more spatial awareness he'll be fine.

Brown will, I think, prove to be exceptional. The most focussed Stanley player I've seen since Gouck.

Good 'keeping by Jones , if unorthodox at times. He kept us in the match.

Andy Mangan is a really exciting prospect, and when he can do a full 90 at Conference level he'll be very special. Already dangerous anywhere near the box.

Flynn, Welch very solid.

I won't dwell on the disappointments, except to say that certain players who were retained have got a lot to do to justify their places.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..