Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2004, 23:33   #16
Junior Member+

Re: todays game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyStanFan
good goal from mully.
Yeah, good use of the hand too. Shame Prendagast feels he needs to dive all the time, otherwise he might be a good little player.

Wind did play a major part, and we (Boro') should have taken advantage of it in the first half, but didn't although we had some decent chances.

Buncey probably should've been sent off, but Prendagast got what was coming to him.And as for the linesman on our side of the pitch, telling us he saw the handball and didn't do anything about it. Very professional, very, very professional.
Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2004, 13:32   #17

Interesting, but i suppose the ref could have over ruled him.

Even so he shouldn't have really told you, must have been a bit sickening!

ab
asfc babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 18:18   #18
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfc babe
Interesting, but i suppose the ref could have over ruled him.

Even so he shouldn't have really told you, must have been a bit sickening!

ab
The referee can only over-rule him if he goes and has a word with him, surely? Which, he clearly did not.

And no, he shouldn't have told us, as it was a real downer. I can understand officials making mistakes, but to say that he saw it and didn't flag it, is very, very sickening.

I would say best of luck for the rest of the season, but I don't want to. And it's nothing against your fans, just that damn diving Rory Prendagast.

Although you lot did try giving Buney an earful at the end of the game, but he wasn't having any of it.

A draw probably would've been the right result, but hey, we can't keep saying if's and but's. Neither teams will make the play-offs, and realistically, I didn't think we'd do it even if we'd won yesterday.
Old 21-03-2004, 18:21   #19
Senior Member+

Another one to add to Rory's fan club!!!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 18:35   #20

Rorys Christmas card list must be getting bigger every week with all these admirers
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 19:34   #21
Junior Member+

The bloke could be a good player, but if he feels the need to dive/fall to the floor every two to three minutes, it's hindering him as a footballer.

And what is up with Mullin's forehead?!
Old 21-03-2004, 20:01   #22

2-1 to the reds
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 20:59   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooty
And what is up with Mullin's forehead?!
Do you mean the fact that it is very large?
Old 21-03-2004, 21:10   #24
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
2-1 to the reds
Well constructed debate that, you've done yourself proud.
Old 21-03-2004, 21:12   #25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAccyStan
Do you mean the fact that it is very large?
Yep, you've got it in one.
Old 21-03-2004, 21:29   #26
Senior Member+

Rory is fast and clever many defenders are forced into foulling him and at the speed he travels that ends up looking rather spectactular if thats what you mean by diving?

And Pauls forehead is especially designed for heading us to victory or in your case allowing for brain power to be stored, in such a way as to score a fantastic goal!!!

All the best for the remainder of your season sooty.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 22:06   #27
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Rory is fast and clever many defenders are forced into foulling him and at the speed he travels that ends up looking rather spectactular if thats what you mean by diving?
Nope, that's not what I mean. Are you seriously telling me that you don't think Prendagast dives?

One incident yesterday really got me angry, when he was in the corner, and our player Mickey Warner as about two feet away from him and he fell over and appealed to linesman that he had been pushed, when our player wasn't near him.

Quote:
And Pauls forehead is especially designed for heading us to victory or in your case allowing for brain power to be stored, in such a way as to score a fantastic goal!!!
Well, he certainly knew how to use his hand to help him score.

Quote:
All the best for the remainder of your season sooty.
All the best for the rest of your life, that's you personally, not your Club!
Old 21-03-2004, 22:23   #28
Senior Member+

I am a stanley fan, what do you want me to say?

But I trully did not see mullys hand controlling any ball.
Trust me I know how your feeling Travelling all that way and feeling youve been robbed of a point or two, been there, got drunk, trying hard to forget it.

Youre fella bunce was one cocky Kretin though, even on his way of the pitch he was looking for a fight with the crowd.

You brought quite a few supporters though, sorry we put you in the cow shed but if we meet in the future? hopefully our plans will be put into action and you can have a bit of luxury..
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 22:36   #29
Junior Member+

Quote:
I am a stanley fan, what do you want me to say?
I want you to be truthful. Prendagast dives, I know that, and you must know that too. We've got a player in our team who dives, Dino Maamria, and believe me, I hate, and I mean really, really hate it when he dives.

Quote:
But I trully did not see mullys hand controlling any ball.
Where were you standing/sitting? Most Boro' fans saw it, and the Linesman saw it, but these things happen.

Quote:
Trust me I know how your feeling Travelling all that way and feeling youve been robbed of a point or two, been there, got drunk, trying hard to forget it.
I don't feel as if we were robbed, just dissapointed about the officiating - Again!

Quote:
Youre fella bunce was one cocky Kretin though, even on his way of the pitch he was looking for a fight with the crowd.
You can't tell me you weren't giving him any stick, we saw and heard it. Bunce just held his hand to his ear as if he couldn't hear what you lot were saying.

Quote:
You brought quite a few supporters though, sorry we put you in the cow shed but if we meet in the future? hopefully our plans will be put into action and you can have a bit of luxury..
I wasn't too bothered about being in the Cow Shed, as I prefer to view the game from the side of the pitch anyway. Plus with the roof you can create a better atmosphere.
Old 21-03-2004, 23:04   #30
Senior Member+

Come on now is diving new? just watched Newcastle and Robert just got a penalty for a blatent dive, not the first this season, and as commented on by the commentator from sky Newcastle have been given more penaltys then any other club with Robert at the centre of most of them. Its part of the game like when any player fouls another in any part of the pitch he is trying to gain an advantage ie cheating, diving is just part of that, so if your team plays the whole game without giving away a free kick then you can criticize someone for diving.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..