Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2008, 16:47   #16
God Member

Re: Today's game

Must say ,I'm getting highly annoyed with LANKYDAVEs Dingles...everytime I chuck them in a multi, they loose (close to it at the mo...)
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2008, 16:57   #17

Breaking news Eric gives squad and management team belated christmas presents after chester defeat!! a spade apiece to try and dig thier way out of the hole they are in. dig deep and throw well back lads

Deffo need a result now against the kipper lickers on sunday
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 17:11   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Suprise suprise
Can anyone tell me why Coley persists in starting with Clarke????
Baffles me.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 17:17   #19

Thumbs down Re: Today's game

send clarke back to rovers and bring in one of the kids for the 6 poniter on sat day then bring in new players when windoor opens sorry for the spelling
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 18:48   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
send clarke back to rovers and bring in one of the kids for the 6 poniter on sat day
Grimps, whatever you do, don't turn up on Saturday...

...on second thoughts. maybe you'd be better turning up on Saturday...it'll be less painful.
Old 26-12-2008, 18:58   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Can anyone tell me why Coley persists in starting with Clarke????
Baffles me.
I would imagine because he is on loan and is duty bound to play him!?!?!?

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 19:08   #23
Senior Member+

Got back a little while ago and must admit to being disappointed by the result today, although not surprised.

Chester were a poor side, probably one of the worst I've seen this season, but they still had enough to beat us today. We had the lion's share of possession (especially in the second half), but we lack a cutting edge up front and apart from a couple of efforts from range, we never looked like putting the ball in the back of the net. Chester capitalised on some poor defending for their first goal and a silly challenge for their second.

I thought Mullin (P), Miles, Ryan and Cav (in the second half) all had very good games, but apart from the threat from midfield (Ryan and Miles both went close), we have no threat up front.

If Gornell had been playing today (and in the form he was previously), he'd have had a bag full.
Old 26-12-2008, 19:13   #24
Full Member+

Another loss? Surely not Not looking good.
Old 26-12-2008, 19:15   #25

Keeping positive.

We'll scrape through doing what we need to this season.

Come on Stanley boys!
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 19:16   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Got back a little while ago and must admit to being disappointed by the result today, although not surprised.

Chester were a poor side, probably one of the worst I've seen this season, but they still had enough to beat us today. We had the lion's share of possession (especially in the second half), but we lack a cutting edge up front and apart from a couple of efforts from range, we never looked like putting the ball in the back of the net. Chester capitalised on some poor defending for their first goal and a silly challenge for their second.

I thought Mullin (P), Miles, Ryan and Cav (in the second half) all had very good games, but apart from the threat from midfield (Ryan and Miles both went close), we have no threat up front.

If Gornell had been playing today (and in the form he was previously), he'd have had a bag full.
Without stating the obvious T.M. (and I am not trying to put the boot in!) WE HAVE NOT GOT GORNELL so what are we going to do on Sat. that is going to get us the points against Grimsby!?????

Old 26-12-2008, 19:20   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Without stating the obvious T.M. (and I am not trying to put the boot in!) WE HAVE NOT GOT GORNELL so what are we going to do on Sat. that is going to get us the points against Grimsby!?????
Thanks for the capitals. They helped me to understand you better.

As for what I'd do for the Grimsby game, then I'd leave the covers off, let the pitch freeze over, get the game called off, then rearrange the game for a later date when we have had time to bring in some new (loan) players. Simple!
Old 26-12-2008, 19:20   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post

I don't mind a small wager you won't get a single point against Grimsby on saturday
Old 26-12-2008, 19:21   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Must say ,I'm getting highly annoyed with LANKYDAVEs Dingles...everytime I chuck them in a multi, they loose (close to it at the mo...)

So it was your fault jinx

( PS I'm only 5' 7" )
Old 26-12-2008, 19:24   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I don't mind a small wager you won't get a single point against Grimsby on saturday
Please do not say that, I am clinging on to the hope that we can at least get something against them if nothing else!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..