Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2004, 17:23   #1

Today's game

Sorry about this but i have to say it:

1. 0 -0, yes i know it could be worse but not exactly the result that we want to be getting at home is it?
2. Referee, who the hell was he, does he even know what he was doing?
3. Why were two centre forwards playing on the wing wen rory is on the bench?
4. Why has smithy signed for another month at barrow if coley is looking to sign a centre half, apparently from everton? It is obvious that we needed the height today, did u see the size of some of their players?
5. Yes mullin may be ok in the 4-5-1 but he would be better in the 4-4-2 with lutel there with him.
6. Jody Banim, he may have been a prolific goalscorer at radcliff borough but not exactly quick enough or thin enough for the conference is he?
7. What happenned to Steve Hollis, much better and faster than Bimson?
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2004, 17:49   #2

Re: Today's game

Didn't go today but from what i've seen of Bimson he has been superb ??
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 18:13   #3
Full Member+

Bimson had another good game IMO. The sooner we sign him on permanent terms, the better!

Rory hasn't looked match fit since he got back after suspension, though I was surprised that he didn't start today. I think Rory and Evil are very effective widemen - particularly if they can switch wings from time to time as they are very different types of players.

Surprised that Craney was taken off again. He has the ability to unlock a defence by himself. He seems to be playing in a Cantona-type position, just off the lead player and very effective.

Not impressed with Banim at all.

What is the latest with Rocky? Surprised to see Cav move over to central defence after half-time.

Didn't hear Coley's interview on Radio Lancashire, but he must be as frustrated as we are. I think he should get all of them working on shooting practise!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 20:09   #4

I thought Bimson was solid today, if we had different officials Im pretty certain we wouldve won.. I cant believe some of the decisions.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 21:00   #5
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Very poor officials today, forever stopping the flow of the game with silly decisions. I didn't think we played that well and never got the 2004 crowd going which was a pity because some of them may have come again if they had seen some entertaining footy.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 22:29   #6
Full Member+

Their goalkeeper was an absolute flapper and one decent shot on target would have beaten him. No point moaning about time wasting, we could have played until 10:00pm and still not got a goal. Their midfield and front men played well and I suspect they are happy to go away with a draw and a clean sheet.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:03   #7
Senior Member+

Why have we started a 2nd thread when one on this subject was already going??

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 16:43   #8

Before i started this topic there wasn't another one but wen i had finished posting there was another topic there. It must have been started as i was typing mine. If it was already there i wouldn't have started a new topic.
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..