Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2004, 13:45   #1

Smile todays game

for the game today the starting XI is: Ikeme,Cavanagh,Flynn,Smith,Williams,Jagielka,Brann an,McEvilly,Proctor,Mullin
belly junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2004, 13:52   #2
Full Member+

Re: todays game

Welcome back Proccy

Surprised that Alcock is not in goals and no left-back even on the subs bench (come back Reg or Bimson!). I presume Rocky is the latest player to start in that position

Subs: Alcock, Cook, Howarth, Tuck, Lutel
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2004, 15:17   #3
Senior Member+

mega dissappointed for danny alcock, poor lad has had to wait (with good cause JK is definately the senior keeper) this long to get his cance in the first team, he's put in some very good performances in the reserves and was excellent against Hereford, and then is dropped after just 1 game. Gutted for the lad. What has he done wrong?
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2004, 15:27   #4
I am Banned

That was my reaction , too, Sparkie, but when I thought about it I came to the conclusion that it's better to come on later in this particular match than to be the 'keeper who gets substituted.

Just another way of looking at it, I suppose - but I'm not a goalie like you are !
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2004, 15:30   #5
Senior Member+

I wonder if playing Ikeme every game was part of the loan deal?

Either way, Danny must be very disappointed and I can't say I blame him.
Old 16-10-2004, 15:53   #6
Full Member+

Well done lads on a clean sheet
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2004, 19:24   #7

Why was alcock dropped???
I think he played amazing against hereford but gets dropped
Maybe the statement is coming true "Play well and get dropped the next game"
But i suppose coley is in the know!!!

Good results today as it is a hard place to go and get something from the game.

Last edited by Steven; 16-10-2004 at 19:24. Reason: cock up
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2004, 21:43   #8

I too was surprised Danny was not between the sticks - however, the new lad looked very good and was only beaten by a long ranger that thundered against the post late on. Rocky made some great tackles as did Jonathan and Cav.The way I saw it, Stanley had most of first half as did Aldershot the second. However, defences ruled and shots on target didn't need all fingers on one hand to count !. McE gets easily wound up by verbals from his marker and eventually got a card, as did Mullin after 2 earlier warnings and (harshly) Proccy.
On the whole a good result and ,as Shotgun remarked to me, we'd have taken it before kick-off. Nice to meet and greet our Jimbo b4 he heads off into the sunrise.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2004, 23:19   #9

Interesting to hear about evil today.I noticed he got booked,i wasn't at the game today but the same thing happened on Monday against Hereford.Soon everyone will know he is easy to wind up.
I too was disappointed for Danny Alcock but maybe Wolves wouldn't have loaned us their keeper just to sit on the bench.
Old 17-10-2004, 08:42   #10
Senior Member+

Yes we got told at the game that it was part of the loan deal that Ikeme played every game when he's on loan........

Top notch keeper though
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2004, 15:16   #11

I agree - did well yesterday especially after getting clattered early on in the game - it was like having Jamie back and all the Accy contingent came over and applauded us at the end which I thought was very decent... Remember - Ikeme is only here on a months loan, JK is out for 3 - Im sure Danny will get his chance that he deserves, but if we just left Danny available, and HE gets injured... like Coley said - we do need cover..

It was good to meet LongLostSon, thanks for saying hello - was good to see everyone again in fact. I think after seeing a 5-4-1 line up again, a draw was a fair reflection of two teams of equal ability cancelling each other out, perhaps Aldershot shaded it with home advantage - the one armed ref certainly thought so - defence played well. I love this league. 1 point from the Northwich, Tamworth and Farnborough games and 4 from Aldershot and Hereford. Its gonna be close this season for the playoffs.

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 17-10-2004 at 15:29.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..