Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2005, 08:47   #16

Re: Todays game 'gainst Creepy Crawley

A fairly reasonable attempt at a decent match report. I'll agree with you all about the match officials. A stone wall pen for both sides turned down, we could (and probably should have had a second). Offside goal was dodgy as was your second (offside should have been given).

And I think we dominated the opening 15 of the second half but were then sucker punched. The fourth goal was an inevitable case of going for the draw. And as some of you were down that end can you just explain to me how Smith let the free kic in.

All in all, a depressingly familiar result for us. Could probably should have got the draw, might have sneaked a win if possession was turned into goals more often. The standard of officals this season is really getting me down. Too many getting too many easy decisions wrong.

Nice set up, haven't been to you for a few years since Uni days in preston when I always tried to get to watch footy around the surrounding area and had to come to you for that little piece of history - would be lovely to see you back in the football league
Ant (Crawley) is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2005, 12:33   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant (Crawley)
as some of you were down that end can you just explain to me how Smith let the free kick in.
I think he was re-enacting Warne dropping Pietersen in the last test.

He did look suitably mortified though.

Credit to Gary Roberts for hitting the target though, how many free-kicks are totally wasted?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2005, 12:37   #18

A few off us just had to take the rip out of him in the sports bar afterwards, had a little collection for him. He looked like he was going to cry when we handed him the money

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2005, 18:39   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted
All you need to do is look who's sat on the bench...
Exactly, but I can't see Welch ever getting in because coley will continue to put Rocky in no matter how many glaring mistakes he makes. Welch doesnt put a foot wrong and gets rewarded with a place on the bench!
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2005, 19:33   #20
Junior Member+

Footiegirl, the only reason I can think of as to why Coley insists on playing Rocky instead of Welch is that Welch is on non-contract terms. If he played on a regular basis for us, but then went to another club, Coley would face a major problem where he might be forced to play a defender who hadn't had the suitable experience with the rest of the team. As long as we keep winning then he isn't needed but we can't expect to win enough games to go up if it means scoring more than 2 each time!

Having said all that, there may be other players on non-contract terms who do play every week so...balls to that theory!
Distracted is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..