Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2004, 17:15   #1
Senior Member+

Angry Todays game gainst Woking

Thought the game today was poor, but on a brighter note, congratulations on and excellent programme.
It looked like Woking came for a point or 3 and could easily have nicked it. Though I have to say, the referee and his asistants need to visit specsavers urgently. To say they were inconsistent is an understatement. They had a shocker!!!
OK so we didn't lose and we didn't have any coloured cards shown, but i know we can play better than that. Lets hope we can pick it up again against the Daggers next weekend.
Thought J.C's interview on Radio Lancs after the match was spot on.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2004, 17:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Todays game gainst Woking

Very frustrating game.....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:58   #3
I am Banned

O.O. , I agree with your comments (and I bought a programme for the first time in nearly a year !).

However, I didn't hear Coley's comments because I was on my way home. Was his criticism aimed largely at the officials (yes, decidedly dodgy) or did he have any left over for himself ?

He put Rory on for Lutel but didn't seem to consider how the ball would arrive at Rory's feet. The whole game was far too right-hand-sided, anyway. In the second half a guy standing next to me speculated that the groundsman had asked the manager if he could ask the players to keep a 20 yard strip nearest the main stand clear , due to re-seeding.

What's the point of using Rory at all when (a) you're not instructing anyone (such as the absent Paul Cook) to distribute balls down the left wing, and (b) you're telling Jagielka to take the corners instead of RP ? I suggest that Rory might be issued with a mobile phone, as it's the only way the other players will be able to keep in touch.

I simply cannot understand why Rory Prendergast - one of our greatest assets - is being so under-used and mis-used ; a complete contrast to last season when Cookie's sweet deliveries into Rory's path created our most threatening play and got real results.

Don't misunderstand me ; our performance overall so far this season is good, and I hate criticising ! But if this is now a professional club , then it's no longer sacreligious to suggest that J.C. and J.B. are making mistakes.

2,000+ turned up for this match ; how many will be back for the next one ?
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:08   #4
God Member

As we all know how good rory is and the importance of his crosses etc. I can only guess that in the absence of pre season matches and injuries that Coley is easing him back into the game a bit at a time. Fingers crossed thats what it is because there isn't a player in the team can do what he does IMHO
Old 05-09-2004, 12:35   #5
Senior Member+

Slight problem getting the report done for the Woking game, but it's now online in the usual place.

As for the game itself I thought it was a fairly good match for a 0-0 draw, although the officials didn't do themselves any favours all afternoon. Very poor! And it's not often I criticise officials.

As for Rory, when he has come on this season he's looked a yard or more off the pace of the game, which hopefully he'll be able to rectify very soon. I wouldn't start a match with him in the side at the moment.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 05-09-2004 at 12:36.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..