Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2010, 13:18   #1
God Member

Todays LET

Has anyone read today's Telegraph, finally the club have admitted we have not got the LEGI funding for developing the ground which we were told months ago was in place : Lancashire Telegraph - East Lancashire's daily newspaper. Blackburn Rovers, Burnley FC.
Tried to post a specific link but the story is on that page - what does everyone think?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2010, 13:27   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Todays LET

Like so much at Stanley, it smacks of things having gone on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

If they don't want to be tied down because they might think about moving in a few years, why apply for the grant in the first place?
Old 28-06-2010, 13:42   #3
God Member

The article is slightly strange in that it makes out they were turned down, Clearly it's a club decision so how can it be a setback ?
Old 28-06-2010, 14:17   #4
God Member

TO me what i read into it, the club yeh dont want to be tied down to specifics set by Legi cos would mean stanley would have to ensure its done - as with stanley its half job half measures at best. We had this discussion before about ground re location & that theres nowt in accy to accomodate this without expense of buying land etc...!

Stanley are clear they are going do things their way without much thought at all.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 15:11   #5
Resting In Peace

We were told at the Fans' Forum by O'Neill and Heys that the LEGI funding was in place and all that was needed was the plans to be submitted. Now he is coming out with another load of garbage
Quote:
Mr Heys said he was disappointed. But he felt the LEGI funding would have 'tied the club down' to the Crown Ground 'for a number of years, which we didn't want'.

He said: “We didn't want to do that because we may want to look at a new site at some point in the future.
We may want to build a 50,000 all seater stadium to accommodate all our fans "at some point in the future"

We may want to build a trophy room to hold the FA Cup, the Premiership trophy and the Champions League Trophy "at some point in the future"

There are a hell of a lot of things that we may want to do "at some point in the future"

They have just messed it up again after lying to us and are now making excuses for it. Why not just tell us the truth, we cannot affort the re-development, we have not applied for LEGI grants and we have no intention of moving anywhere.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 15:34   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We were told at the Fans' Forum by O'Neill and Heys that the LEGI funding was in place and all that was needed was the plans to be submitted. Now he is coming out with another load of garbage

We may want to build a 50,000 all seater stadium to accommodate all our fans "at some point in the future"

We may want to build a trophy room to hold the FA Cup, the Premiership trophy and the Champions League Trophy "at some point in the future"

There are a hell of a lot of things that we may want to do "at some point in the future"

They have just messed it up again after lying to us and are now making excuses for it. Why not just tell us the truth, we cannot affort the re-development, we have not applied for LEGI grants and we have no intention of moving anywhere.
Exactly......................[excuse the pun]

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 16:53   #7
Resting in Peace

How do they sleep at nights????
Anyone else feeling depressingly humilated by the garbage we have to put up with??
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 19:22   #8
Senior Member+

The one I like goes something like " we may have to put plan 'B' into operation to get the required accomodation for league standards". There is no may about it, it is a requirement and the league are not going to be fobbed off again. Who really is running our football club? Cardboard man or RH and DO'N? Lets get these fools off our books once and for all and get a professional in to run the club.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 19:44   #9

Will it ever be realised that we ARE NOT as green as we are cabbage looking?

Despite being fed misleading information we live in the real world and we are loyal to our town and team.

Any right minded person (people) would recognise that and use it to advantage by building on it in a positive way not throw it back in the fans' faces!
(I know I am whistling in the wind)

NO, I do not feel humiliated just very angry!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 20:24   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

more crap n lies from those 2, it never stops n never will IMHO.
Old 28-06-2010, 21:46   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post

Will it ever be realised that we ARE NOT as green as we are cabbage looking?

NO, I do not feel humiliated just very angry!

Will it ever be realised that whatever the Fans of Accrington Stanley think or say about it's Management, Development, and Internal Machinations, it matters very little to those in whose hands the future of the Club lies.
If it did then everyone would have noticed this factor a long time ago !...and an air of optimism for the coming season would have replaced the constant feeling of frustration and anger which is so obviously shared by the loyal fans posting on our Forum.
I fear that this status quo is unlikely to change as one apparent fiasco lurches towards the next example of mismanagement
and prevarication !, and causes an ever-widening rift between the Club and it's supporters !.
If there is an answer to all this, then it is time for Him, Her, or 'They' to reveal it as soon as possible. This imperative is in EVERYONE'S interest !.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 11:51   #12
Resting In Peace

Wednesday 30th June 2010

Quote:
ACCRINGTON Stanley say they intend to break even during the 2010/11 campaign as they bid to survive financially without outgoing chairman Ilyas Khan.

Khan plans to step down as chairman this summer, although the multi-millionaire will still be available to provide funds should the club run into financial difficulty.

Stanley narrowly avoided being wound up last year and have since been late with payments to HM Revenue and Customs.

But chief executive Rob Heys said: “We are hoping to break even this season, which will be the first time we have done that since we came into the Football League. Ilyas has helped to steady the ship and we want to repay him by doing that.”
How does Heys know that we have not broken even since we came into the Football League when the accounts haven't been finalised, or does he know something that others don't ?

Does anybody else think that we will break even this season with Dumb and Dumber running the Club ?
Old 30-06-2010, 11:56   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Does anybody else think that we will break even this season with Dumb and Dumber running the Club ?
To break even would be a miracle; to end the season would be remarkable; to start the season will be an achievement.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 12:02   #14
God Member

Quote:
Wednesday 30th June 2010
Mmm. tricky question that, Jeff. Let me think about and get back to you next week, when the accounts have been submitted
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 12:14   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Mmm. tricky question that, Jeff. Let me think about and get back to you next week, when the accounts have been submitted
Didn't realise that was happening next week. I thought it was happening in the "next couple of weeks"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..