Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 09:54   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Todays Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejache
Is it the same John Still that took Coventry to FA Cup victory in 1987 or am I barking up the wrong tree??
Wasn't that John Sillett?
Old 12-09-2004, 10:00   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
I hope all those who doubted that Smithy could play at Conference level (and you know who you are) will now honestly hold their hands up and admit they just might have got that wrong.
Great to see Smithy doing well and coming back with the right attitude, plus a performance to match. Nobody wants to see him fail and nobody wants Stanley to fail just to prove a few people wrong, so your comments seem not only inappropriate, but possibly premature as well.

As Kipax said, the stint at Barrow looks to have boosted the lad. Long may it continue.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:05   #33

No one, Kipax, is suggesting that to hold and state an opinion on here is wrong. If it was I'd never post again for one! However, when circumstances and events later on indicate that a previous opinion was perhaps wrongly held surely that can be admitted without a sense of grievance or references to "lepers" ? All our opinions are right to be voiced and time inevitably shows them to have been right or wrong.
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:15   #34

Smile Re: Todays Match

Eg: It was my opinion that Stanley would draw 3-3 at the Daggers. My opinion was crap as events subsequently proved. I hereby acknowledge that my opinion on this subject was totally wrong and stank!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:17   #35

Cheers TM - it was John Sillet as you said.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:37   #36
I am Banned

Just hope they improve the away stand at blackpool before next season!
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:58   #37

come on you reds i cant wait for the next game

well played lads and keep up the gud work JC, JB and co
:engsmil: 4-4-2 is the future :engsmil:
Stanleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:18   #38
Senior Member+

That bloody Ged Brannan.....going to be bankrupt by the end of the season!

One term that sums up yesterday's performance....Absolutely Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 20:15   #39
Full Member+

Quote:
Suspect we lost some Dagenham fans today
I don`t really care after Roberts antics last season, I`m just sorry I was`nt there to see him walk.....by fair means or foul.
Old 12-09-2004, 21:19   #40
Senior Member+

Uncle Mick you missed a real treat He was up to his old trick's again giving us abuse and even giving us the Wa**er wave Got me boiling again like last year.. 5 mins later Rory got him sen't off ... And to see Evil pointing to the tunnel and waving him goodbye was Fantastic to say the least.. And the boys singing "time to go" That just topped a perfect day, in every way
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 22:38   #41
Full Member+

Talking Re: Todays Match

Thanks for that simon, It makes it even better. I usually have a bit of sympathy for the opposing keeper, having to put up with all the stick but Roberts was an absolute prat. Still you reap what you sow. Better check Kipax`s site to see if he got any good shots!!
Old 13-09-2004, 08:48   #42

I too feel a bit sorry for the opposing 'keepers but why dont they understand that if they take it with a laugh and a smile then it aint half as bad, but some take it personally and start biting back which just makes it worse.
Old 13-09-2004, 09:07   #43
God Member

If they do take it with a smile as part of the game then they usualy (nearly always) get a round of applause and a few handshakes and half hearted apologies for the ribbing from the stanley fans at the end of the game no matter what the result..
Old 13-09-2004, 09:34   #44
Resting In Peace

You are judging Smithy on that one performance against a team that were completey rubbish and did not look Conference level, the defence did not have a lot to do but what they had to do they did well. Dagenham played a lot of long high balls which Smithy can deal with all day, it's when the ball is on the ground that he struggles. I will rest judgement until we have been up against a team with decent strikers. Anyway it cost me another tenner.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 07:43   #45
Super Moderator

Just got back from London after being dragged in and out of evey store on Oxford Street by Mrs H and I've still got a smile on my face! We thoroughly outplayed the Daggers, Roberts got what he deserved and we outsang the cockneys!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..